Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

Postby kawada2998 » Tue 08.01.2006 4:25 am

You shoyuld build up your dream recall, before trying to have lucid dreams (unless you remember above average amounts of dreams per night.)

Yeah it's cool, last night i was floating above water, and then a guy from school, reeled me in with a fishing line :D
Image "I know lucidity." (-_-)
kawada2998

Postby shinzou » Tue 08.01.2006 9:42 am

Is it abnormal to be able to lucid dream, be able to recall your dream, and such, without ever hearing of, or having training in lucid dreaming?
I read the definition, and apparently, I've been having them for years.

-Jon
shinzou

Postby ComradeJoe » Tue 08.01.2006 9:44 am

No, if anything, training to do it is what's abnormal. ;)
ComradeJoe

Postby Budomaru » Tue 08.01.2006 11:36 am

Kaoru wrote:
Lucid dreaming is so cool! I'd love 2 have dreams where I can acctually control them. I tried 2 lucid dream yesturday, but I was really tired and I didn't focus on it. I'm going 2 try it 2day. *I hope I'll lucid dream 2night*

its not about focus... -_- its about repetition, simple as that. you cant force it.

shinzou wrote:
Is it abnormal to be able to lucid dream, be able to recall your dream, and such, without ever hearing of, or having training in lucid dreaming?
I read the definition, and apparently, I've been having them for years.

-Jon

its normal :P
You know you've been hanging around a forum too long when people start quoting you and agreeing :P
Budomaru

Postby Kealdrea » Sat 08.05.2006 6:09 pm

This is the first time I've heard about Lucrative Dreaming; the following has nothing to do with it. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm dreaming, I have no control over it. Quite the contrary... I've had dreams where I have wings, but no matter how hard I try, I can't fly. I actually had a lucid dream once, where I suddenly realized that it was a dream. My reaction was "Cool, I can do anything when I'm dreaming!" but it was like a game that freezes when you trigger some glitch. >.>; The dream stopped, and I couldn't even make my dream self move. Then I woke up. I wonder if I would even be able to lucid dream...? ^^;

There's no skill in controlling what happens in your own dream, because they're your own thoughts to begin with.

Dreams are your thoughts, but they're your subconciouss' thoughts. I imagine dreams would be quite different if your conciouss mind had a say in what happened. ^.^ I'd love to give this a try.

Edit: I'm quite positive that I dream mostly in black and white, but it wasn't until just recently that I realized it. I don't think most people are aware of what colors they dream.
Last edited by Kealdrea on Sat 08.05.2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kealdrea

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Sat 08.05.2006 7:09 pm

Semi-off topic, but...

I thinking I was sleeping last night, but I was kinda standing beside my bed looking at myself. It was completely dark, but I could make out the outline of my body on the bed. I thinking I was concious, and I tried to touch my body, but I felt this incredible pain, and the more i tried to touch my body, the worse the pain got. I've had this killer headache all day...

My mom said it was an out of body experience, and then laughed at me -_- Has anyone else had a dream like this?
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Reno » Sun 08.06.2006 6:56 am

I had a funny dream this week, I actually dreamt that I was lucid dreaming. That was kind of weird because at one point I thought I really was consious but then again I wasn't :D.

QUESTION!

How does it exactly FEEL (your body that is) when lucid dreaming? Do you feel pain, can u touch stuff and actually feel it all, can you think clearly?

Anyone knows the awnser to this one?
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby kawada2998 » Sun 08.06.2006 7:50 pm

Reno wrote:
How does it exactly FEEL (your body that is) when lucid dreaming? Do you feel pain, can u touch stuff and actually feel it all, can you think clearly?
Anyone knows the awnser to this one?

When your lucid dreaming , (i may be wrong) - but you feel everything in the dream - sensations-smells- you taste them - feel pain etc.

Not too sure about when you wake up from one, I have heard some people speak of waking up with pains but not too sure if that is real.
Image "I know lucidity." (-_-)
kawada2998

Postby Toriyama » Sun 08.06.2006 10:42 pm

I'm too freaked out from sleep paralysis to try having a lucid dream. I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot move. It hasn't happened for about a month, but a while ago it was happenning almost everynight. :| I was sick and tired of it. Then it finally stopped. I had finally begun to be able to break free from the spell by concentrating on moving and staying calm. Though lately I have been having dreams where I am not the victim, but successfully defending myself. This may be my body's way of telling me that I want to begin training again at the Martial Arts studio I am part of. I was ill and couldn't attend class sessions for about a month. I have to admit though, those dreams were pretty awesome. If I work out regularly, I do not dream (or I don't remember my dream) which is a good thing for me because I have had some pretty fucked up dreams where I am helpless. Meh, dreams are overrated. B)
Toriyama

Postby Hatori » Mon 08.07.2006 12:07 am

i had this dream last night, with Hatori Sohma in it, and we hanging out and stuff and the song Everytime We Touch was in the background. and when i woke up, like at 4 AM, i left the radio on and the song Everytime We Touch was on. i was laughing so hard with my friends when i told them today. they're mean because they make fun of me about this song, so it made it funnier.

i've had like two Johnny Depp dreams and a dream i went to Japan. it was pretty nuts with my Dad trying to navigate through the highways since he doesn't know Japanese... :D
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby Kaoru » Mon 08.07.2006 12:36 am

I'm just wondering, during a lucid dream, if u had a dream that you are talking with your friend, can ur friend have that dream also?? Like is there a dreaming technique for you 2 go into your friends dream, and both of u have the same dream???
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you ever tried.
Kaoru

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 08.07.2006 2:07 am

I think I had just about the scariest dream ever last night. I dreamt that I had caught a flesh eating virus and it was slowly eating away at my skin. I knew it was a dream at the time and it wasn't real, but it was like I didn't know how to stop it and it felt really painful too. I even tried to visit a doctor in my dream, but he said it was incurable. So I just slowly died an agonizing, painful, death...and then I woke up. Honestly, that had to be just about the scariest nightmare I ever had. I don't even know how it came to be. I never really think about stuff like that *shivers* Now I'm too scared to go back to sleep, but I know I'll have to eventually.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby Reno » Mon 08.07.2006 2:58 pm

Punkgrl-san that sounded awful

Now for some happier news my Lucid Dreaming book is here! Its by some doc called LaBerge (supposedly pretty smart fellow when it comes to LD).

Is it just me or does dreaming anyone remind of Surrealism (the art-movent) too? God those paintings are amazing.

Last edited by Reno on Mon 08.07.2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 08.07.2006 11:48 pm

Yeah, it was, but I'm finally over it :)

Side Topic:
Wow! I love paintings like those. They're always so realistic.
Image Image
Last edited by punkgrl326 on Tue 08.08.2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Previous

Return to General off topic