Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - WagaWiki : Thanks infidel :-)

WagaWiki : Thanks infidel :-)

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

WagaWiki : Thanks infidel :-)

Postby paul_b » Fri 08.11.2006 7:32 am

I've decided that I'm going to do at least as much (or more) on WagaWiki as anybody else does. (But in order to avoid it sucking up all my time I'm not going to keep on working on it if nobody else is).

Infidel's been playing around adding stuff so I tidied up a bit and added a short dialogue to the start of [wiki]Grammar page 1[/wiki].
paul_b

RE: WagaWiki : Thanks infidel :-)

Postby Ongakuka » Fri 08.11.2006 7:43 am

I'd help, but I'm useless at formatting.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby paul_b » Fri 08.11.2006 7:58 am

Ongakuka wrote:
I'd help, but I'm useless at formatting.

I'm not that good. Formatting doesn't really matter - if you type something useful in somebody* will tidy it up after you.

* Probably me. ;-)
paul_b

Postby Ongakuka » Fri 08.11.2006 8:11 am

There seems to be no "to" under the particles section. I believe it should be put after "de" and before kara. How do I insert it between them?
Last edited by Ongakuka on Fri 08.11.2006 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby paul_b » Fri 08.11.2006 8:17 am

Ongakuka wrote:
There seems to be no "to" under the particles section. I believe it should be put after "de" and before kara. How do I insert it between them?

Click the 'edit' link on 'de' Then start typing after the end of the text with ==と to==.
paul_b

Postby Ongakuka » Fri 08.11.2006 8:18 am

Cheers.

EDIT: Tidy up required. I couldn't get the examples to appear directly underneath the explanation.

Also a have a strong feeling that my third example is a little awkward:p
Last edited by Ongakuka on Fri 08.11.2006 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby paul_b » Fri 08.11.2006 10:32 am

Ongakuka wrote:
Cheers.

EDIT: Tidy up required. I couldn't get the examples to appear directly underneath the explanation.

Also a have a strong feeling that my third example is a little awkward:p

Right I'll have a look.

Incidentally I've added another [wiki=Quiz 3]short quiz[/wiki] to [wiki]Grammar page 1[/wiki].
Last edited by paul_b on Fri 08.11.2006 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paul_b

Postby Infidel » Fri 08.11.2006 11:32 am

thanks for the edit Paul. I didn't even know about the category entry.

I don't want to commit myself because knowing myself, If I do, I will work really hard for a couple of days and then get annoyed, bored, or just find something else I'd rather be doing and let the entire thing lapse.

So I'm just going to stick my head in and add stuff when it is needed and it's within my ability. But I won't commit myself to the point it becomes "work."

Btw, I couldn't figure out a way to create an index entry that linked directly to another page. I tried and it just linked down the page, then I had to click on the category title again. It wasn't very intuitive so I just made another link within the new category and got rid of the category link.

At some point in the near future I'm probably going to do the same thing with "Questions about Learning Japanese" within the Faq and Link it to another page. Because if there is anything that we have lots of faqs for it's "learning Japanese" questions.

Learning how to create a new wiki page and linking it correctly only took about a dozen tries so it was enough work for today. I'm just happy that we now have the beginning of one page that will probably see lots of use.
Last edited by Infidel on Fri 08.11.2006 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby clay » Fri 08.11.2006 12:54 pm

I'd like to help too. This week has been busy, but I will play with it on Sunday.

In the meantime, should we put up a big advert on the front page asking for volunteers? If so, what should it say?

"Join the community effort! Add information to the WagaWiki site!"
clay
Site Admin

Postby paul_b » Fri 08.11.2006 12:57 pm

Infidel wrote:
So I'm just going to stick my head in and add stuff when it is needed and it's within my ability. But I won't commit myself to the point it becomes "work."

Sounds sensible to me.

Btw, I couldn't figure out a way to create an index entry that linked directly to another page.

Where, in the category page itself? You don't create them there - you add [[Category:Something]] to an article and it is automatically added to the category page.
paul_b

Postby ss » Fri 08.11.2006 1:47 pm

In the meantime, should we put up a big advert on the front page asking for volunteers? If so, what should it say?

"Join the community effort! Add information to the WagaWiki site!"

" Forging links, forming bonds in our community, writing a new page together - WagaWiki "

odd idea anyway ;) ^^
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby paul_b » Fri 08.11.2006 2:01 pm

clay wrote:
I'd like to help too. This week has been busy, but I will play with it on Sunday.

In the meantime, should we put up a big advert on the front page asking for volunteers?

I think big adverts annoy more than they help.

How about
1. A 'news article' on the home page saying what WagaWiki is and how people can access it, log in and help.
2. A 'WagaWiki' link in the navigation bar (yes I know the FAQ link goes there but that's not obvious to newbies).
paul_b

Postby tanuki » Fri 08.11.2006 3:43 pm

I strongly support Paul-san's ideas. Personally, it took me a while to realize what WagaWiki was and how to get to it, so I think more information is needed. Information is bliss. No, wait, ignorance is bliss, but that doesn't fit here.

Anyway, I really wish I could help with something, but with my very limited skills, I think it's going to be difficult. :|
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby clay » Fri 08.11.2006 6:12 pm

How about
1. A 'news article' on the home page saying what WagaWiki is and how people can access it, log in and help.
2. A 'WagaWiki' link in the navigation bar (yes I know the FAQ link goes there but that's not obvious to newbies).

I like those ideas. I will go ahead and add the link and get back to it on Sunday for a news article.
clay
Site Admin

Postby clay » Mon 08.14.2006 8:43 am

I'll resurrect this thread to give WagaWiki more spotlight.

Please look at the News article I will post on the front page. If anyone has anything to add please let me know.
clay
Site Admin

Next

Return to Problems