Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Missing Links (kinda)

Missing Links (kinda)

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Missing Links (kinda)

Postby Kojiki » Wed 05.18.2005 10:18 pm

On the Katakana page, there's only a link to Lesson 1. The rest are empty. All I know is that the lesson style for Hiragana was so incredibly useful to me. Within 3 weeks I learned all the characters, memorized them, learned to write them perfectly, and am now capable of following some of my J-Rock CD's because I can read bits of the words.

So my request is to complete that stuff.
Purveyor of the classics:

The Tale of Genji (currently)
The Kojiki (next in line)
The Houshin Engi (if I can find an English or Modern Japanese translation)
Kojiki

RE: Missing Links (kinda)

Postby Spaztick » Thu 05.19.2005 11:41 am

Clay is working on it, just have some patience (I know, I helped put together some of the katakana). In the mean time you'll probably have to work on the katakana without the lesson plans. Just make up your own.
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Kojiki » Thu 05.19.2005 9:48 pm

Yeah, I went and started to formulate my own plans around the Katakana character list. All that it really takes is learning the first 43 characters on my own, as the Hiragana combo section can fit perfectly on the Katakana section. But otherwise, this site has been incredible and all I can say is keep up the great work ^^

Kojiki

Postby clay » Mon 05.23.2005 9:26 pm

Sorry guys. I started the Katakana pages when you (ahem) reminded me about it, but there was a death in the family of a close friend. We spent most of last week with them.

Spaztick has done a fantastic job with the images. I just need time to glue it all together. I put together the first page here:
http://www.thejapanesepage.com/readarticle.php?article_id=171

I will make the other lessons of five as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Clay
clay
Site Admin

Postby Kojiki » Mon 05.23.2005 9:32 pm

No problem Clay, in fact, I saw lesson one and it was fantastic!! And while doing my review yesterday, I realized that I remember my hiragana really well from your lessons, but am not doing nearly as well with the katakana (save for the first 5) with my own lessons. So hats off to you and your great lessons, and I look forward to them being finished.

Also, I'm not sure if you're keeping any information regarding Old Japanese literature (such as the two mentioned in my profile), but I'd love to provide you with information as I gather it if you're interested. I'm finding Genji to be very interesting and very well written, and I'd love to see other people reading it too.

Well that's all, and again, keep up the good work! ^^

Kojiki

Return to Problems