Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Take that "Selecting a Japanese Textbook"!

Take that "Selecting a Japanese Textbook"!

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

RE: Take that "Selecting a Japanese Textbook"!

Postby Infidel » Mon 08.21.2006 4:48 am

paul_b wrote:
Infidel wrote:
Once the page hits are high enough we can justify requesting free copies to review.

それがこんとんですね。

I'm just saying we will be justified in asking. Especially the books that are forgotten about. I'm not saying that they will jump at the offer.

I know of many review sites that request free units or copies to review. Because these sites get a lot of traffic, some of the companies do send units free. Those companies that do send the free units naturally get a lot more visibility on these review sites than the companies that do not send stuff.

I see this more often with computers, being as the internet is based on computers, so naturally most review sites are based around technology. Review sites for quieter computers get free fans, cases, and water cooling kits to test and review. Video card review sites get free video cards to test and review, same thing.

Reguardless, it's not a given, only a potential, an "It would be nice" kind of thing.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby paul_b » Mon 08.21.2006 4:50 am

Infidel wrote:
Reguardless, it's not a given, only a potential, an "It would be nice" kind of thing.

I was only joking. Incidentally you could look into ordering books through your local library.
paul_b

Postby Rsquared333 » Mon 08.21.2006 11:23 am

I will be using the genki (げんき) version 1 text book this semester. It will be my first course in japanese (besides the lessons here :-) ). I have been reading through it and it seems pretty good. The book immediately jumps into learning kana. According to the introduction it also incoporates dialoge, grammer, reading, and writing into each lesson. There is also a vocabulary list with each section that includes kanji.
It is never too late to be what you might have been.
Rsquared333

Postby Infidel » Wed 08.23.2006 1:10 am

I decided to change the emphasis of the textbook page.

Originally it was only going to be beginner, beginner-intermediate books, but I decided to go ahead and create an intermediate and advanced section.

I'm still adding titles as I hear about them, so some might be out of print.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Previous

Return to Problems