Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Scammers on Friends

Scammers on Friends

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Scammers on Friends

Postby Variand » Wed 05.25.2005 4:55 pm

Yeah, i ranted in the other section, but i still feel the need to post here that i recieved an email from an obvious scammer through the Friends portion of the webpage. I dont really know who else to report this guy to, so just thought i would drop a line here. due to the nature of my ranting(and the almost exact copy of the letter sent to me) i would prefer not to post his info here.

If you could tell me who to email or would like to PM me i can give you his Friends info.
Variand

AIM = FI Variand
Variand

RE: Hey I sent them a email

Postby Kramersize » Wed 05.25.2005 6:18 pm

About how good their service is and its features so you could contact them here support@support.meta4-group.com I would report that dork but I already deleted his email and blocked him. They really do have the best features of any friend/date finder site. Clay has some good stuff too I just read his thing about NATTO I laughed out loud it was so funny. Also his photo gallery has some funny captions.
May You Live Long and Prosper
Kramersize

RE: Scammers on Friends

Postby clay » Thu 05.26.2005 12:28 pm

Thanks. Yes, please email the Friends people at their email mentioned above.

I was and still am unsure about the friends section since it goes beyond just finding conversation partners. My goal with this website is for it to be solely for learning Japanese. But so far most of the comments have been somewhat positive. As with anything there are the good and bad to come with it.

While it is generating income to help expand the website, I do want to hear if it turns people away from the site.

thanks!
Clay
clay
Site Admin

RE: Scammers on Friends

Postby Variand » Thu 05.26.2005 12:53 pm

will do. Thanks. I just want to say though, so far i have only had good experiences on this site. and so far Friends has turned out to be a great site too. Scammers get in no matter what you try to do. so it doesn't bother me when it occassionally happens. just thought i would comment about how blaitant that one was and asked who to contact.

Keep up the great work!!
Variand

AIM = FI Variand
Variand

Return to Problems