Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - interactive learning software?

interactive learning software?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

interactive learning software?

Postby GleepGlop » Sun 05.22.2005 5:31 pm

im looking for some software where i have to type in the answers (the interaction). ive found slime forest and kicl which are great, but really i dont need the game part. right now im looking for a vocab trainer in particular. i dont think it could be too hard to program. i may have to learn how to program it myself, but i havent programmed since highschool. may take a while... i found one called vocabulearn but theres no sign of the download. i think its old and probably not available anymore...
GleepGlop

RE: interactive learning software?

Postby GleepGlop » Fri 05.27.2005 1:39 pm

it ocurred to me there may be a generic customizeable flash card program out there, ill look into it
GleepGlop

Postby GleepGlop » Fri 05.27.2005 4:11 pm

yup, memorylifter.com

looks highly customizable. dont know if its the best one out there, but it looks good.
GleepGlop

Postby InsanityRanch » Sun 05.29.2005 8:07 pm

I use Memorylifter. It is good BUT... it doesn't have any facility to enter or display Japanese characters. If you are willing to use romaji it's fine. I use it to drill English-to-Japanese for conversation. (Obviously, for conversation the only concern is the sound, so romaji, while not elegant, is fine.)

I still say try Lexikan. It has nice flashcard modes for kanji and jukugo, which is great if you want to drill recognition of written forms.

Shira
"Give me a fruitful error any time, full of seeds, bursting with its own corrections. You can keep your sterile truth for yourself." -- Vilfredo Pareto
InsanityRanch

Postby ringu » Tue 11.22.2005 10:59 pm

read/write hiragana
read/write katakana
and
read/write kanji are fine programs too. here's more info:

http://www.declan-software.com/japanese/
ringu

Postby keikanneko » Thu 12.15.2005 1:54 pm

Ive been using that rosetta stone software, the only complaint i have about that is they really dont explain word usage or why etc. but, it has helped my pronunciation and word recognition. its is expensive, but the only reason i can use it is the military offers them for free.
keikanneko

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips