Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Short Convo

Short Convo

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Short Convo

Postby redfoxer » Mon 05.09.2005 11:57 am

Could someone double check this for me as im sure these short coversations arent fully correct...

A: eeto... (umm..)
B: eeto wa doushite ni? (Why did you say umm for? not lit.)

(i know i could say nani but i wanted to try it this way)

A: Sumimasen... (sorry)
B: nani ni (ka)? (what for?)
A: Baka ni irumasen. (for being an idiot)

Nihongo wa oshiete yo kudasai. (Please teach me japanese!)

Im pretty sure theres alot wrong there but i just want to see how it all works out. Arrigatou (p.s, i underlined ka because i am unsure it should be there, and i underlined the yo because i want to use the yo there but im not sure if i can)

as for the use of ni, i know ni is a partical showing movement but i think it is also used for "for"? could someone clarify?
Last edited by redfoxer on Mon 05.09.2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

RE: hi

Postby Ogawa » Tue 05.31.2005 3:40 pm

kind of sucks when nobody ever replies(I KNOW HOW IT FEELS)nobody replies to mine. so here i am, I think most of what you have is right but dont quote me on it. you seem to be more proficient at less formal japanese then I, please enlighten me.
Last edited by Ogawa on Tue 05.31.2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fear not death, it ends only your life. nothing else.
Ogawa

RE: Short Convo

Postby redfoxer » Tue 05.31.2005 4:40 pm

lol thanks ogawa. I'm still not sure about the correctness of it all still, but im getting better at constructing sentences now due to alot of immersion. I definately no that baka ni irumasen is totally wrong tho. (being that it shoulda been imasu and that it could be phrased totally better then that. I don't know ^^ I'm still learning so all will come in time :)
redfoxer

Postby redfoxer » Tue 05.31.2005 4:41 pm

lol thanks ogawa. I'm still not sure about the correctness of it all still, but im getting better at constructing sentences now due to alot of immersion. I definately no that baka ni irumasen is totally wrong tho. (being that it shoulda been imasu and that it could be phrased totally better then that. I don't know ^^ I'm still learning so all will come in time :)
redfoxer

Postby donguri » Tue 05.31.2005 7:31 pm

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news...but there is a bit wrong here.... That being said, I admire you for trying.

>A: eeto... (umm..)
>B: eeto wa doushite ni? (Why did you say umm for? not lit.)

eeto wa nani could work, but it sounds like you are irritated or something...if you want a more literal translation, you could try "doushite eeto tte itta no?" (lit. Why did you say 'eeto'?)

>A: Sumimasen... (sorry)
>B: nani ni (ka)? (what for?)
just 'nani' or 'doushite' works better here for 'why'. you might even try 'doushita?' (what's wrong/what happened?). ni doesn't fit.
>A: Baka ni irumasen. (for being an idiot)
'baka dakara' means because I'm an idiot.

>Nihongo wa oshiete yo kudasai. (Please teach me japanese!)
Nihongo wo oshiete yo! works great, but if you're trying to be a little formal (or feminine), you could say 'Nihongo wo oshiete kudasai yo!'...the 'yo' needs to go at the end.

>as for the use of ni, i know ni is a partical showing movement but i >think it is also used for "for"? could someone clarify?

Nope. It is most commonly used as a movement, place, or time marker (among other uses), but it doesn't mean 'for'.
Hope this helps, and I hope I haven't taken any wind out of your sails. Keep trying, and I guarantee that you'll get better. Especially if you are unafraid to use your Japanese even though you know it's imperfect ...I'm still working on perfection myself:D
donguri

Postby kanadajin » Tue 05.31.2005 7:54 pm

lol ogawa i know how you feel to no one will answer my question !!... Anyway.. I think the short text is right but i'm not to sure.. Only one thing i'm not sure about but i might be wrong so yeeaa...
kanadajin

Postby Gaijinian » Sat 06.04.2005 8:55 pm

redfoxer wrote:
Could someone double check this for me as im sure these short coversations arent fully correct...

A: eeto... (umm..)
B: eeto wa doushite ni? (Why did you say umm for? not lit.)

(i know i could say nani but i wanted to try it this way)

A: Sumimasen... (sorry)
B: nani ni (ka)? (what for?)
A: Baka ni irumasen. (for being an idiot)

Nihongo wa oshiete yo kudasai. (Please teach me japanese!)
?

I'm not so sure about "eeto wa doushite ni...

After sumimasen, you should put just nani, or (stronger) nan da/nani ka

Irumasen... Hmm, I think your trying to use some form of "iru/imasu", but, not quite sure...

you cannot put that yo inbetween. osiete kudasai YO is OK.

yosi
The harder they come, the harder they fall, one and all.
---
yawr.org
Gaijinian

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)