Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - For the third time

For the third time

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

For the third time

Postby kanadajin » Tue 05.31.2005 8:02 pm

I will ask this question Once more ! I'll try to make it as specific as possible although i'm not that good at that.

How do you use Kanji, hiragana, and Katakana using the computer !
I downloaded the pack thing so my pc can read kanji, katakana, and hiragana but i don't know how to use them.

Some one please help!
Last edited by kanadajin on Tue 05.31.2005 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanadajin

RE: For the third time

Postby clay » Tue 05.31.2005 10:05 pm

Hi,

do you have Microsoft's IME installed? If not, you will need to download that. I have found it on http://www.microsoft.com by just searching for 'Japanese IME'

You may have the fonts downloaded to display Japanese, but not the IME for writing.

Clay
clay
Site Admin

RE: For the third time

Postby Kojiki » Tue 05.31.2005 10:36 pm

Basically, when you've downloaded and installed the IME for your version of Microsoft Office and for the language that you want, you'll open up a new Word Document (for example). When you do, a small blue box should open up on your toolbar with the letters "EN" in it. Right click it and choose Japanese. Then you can choose from several options including Hiragana and Katakana. Just play around with it and you'll figure it out ^^. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
Purveyor of the classics:

The Tale of Genji (currently)
The Kojiki (next in line)
The Houshin Engi (if I can find an English or Modern Japanese translation)
Kojiki

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips