Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Relationship help.

Relationship help.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Relationship help.

Postby Sachi » Wed 08.23.2006 6:03 pm

Here's my bit of advice; it's the best I can do, sorry.

Considering your options and the fact that you're her Japanese teacher, stay friends. Friends help each other out and have fun together, so just hang out with her, be yourself, and listen to her. Take it easy, and don't rush it. And I agree with the "don't let her kiss you" statement; it just seems like it'll go much better if you go slowly and really build a solid relationship.

And after just hanging out with her and getting to know her, you won't be so nervous. If she does go out with the other guy, just be there to support her. If she gets dumped, be the shoulder she can cry on if she needs you. And then, if you think the time is right, tell her how you feel.

Um... Yeah, that's all ^^;
Sachi

Postby john2 » Thu 08.31.2006 10:16 am

Sachi wrote:
Here's my bit of advice; it's the best I can do, sorry.

Considering your options and the fact that you're her Japanese teacher, stay friends. Friends help each other out and have fun together, so just hang out with her, be yourself, and listen to her. Take it easy, and don't rush it. And I agree with the "don't let her kiss you" statement; it just seems like it'll go much better if you go slowly and really build a solid relationship.

And after just hanging out with her and getting to know her, you won't be so nervous. If she does go out with the other guy, just be there to support her. If she gets dumped, be the shoulder she can cry on if she needs you. And then, if you think the time is right, tell her how you feel.

Um... Yeah, that's all ^^;

man the last piece of advice sucks D:
Last edited by john2 on Thu 08.31.2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
john2

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.31.2006 10:24 am

john2 wrote:

this coming from someone who is always depressed? hmmm i am sceptical
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby john2 » Thu 08.31.2006 10:54 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
john2 wrote:

hey what do you know about depresion
john2

Postby paul_b » Thu 08.31.2006 11:06 am

john2 wrote:

He knows how many of the letter 's' may be found in it.
paul_b

Postby john2 » Thu 08.31.2006 11:18 am

paul_b wrote:
john2 wrote:

He knows how many of the letter 's' may be found in it.
\
dont forget i also forgot how to love...
Last edited by john2 on Thu 08.31.2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
john2

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.31.2006 12:51 pm

john2 wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:
john2 wrote:

what paul_b said.. and i have manic/depressive friends, i have bi-polar family members, and i have a few other friends with depression disorders.. Considering I have dealt with depression with others for nearly 40 years, what else would you like me to add?

And I reiterate. I am sceptical of any advice given by someone who has issues with depression.. the moodswings are so volitile and random that advice is the last thing one should give.. and relationship advice should be steared clear of.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby jinksys » Sun 09.03.2006 6:53 pm

Parks San wrote:
There is a girl that i have to teach japanese to for my senior project, at first I just thought of her as just a girl, but now i can't stop thinking about her, when im near her my heartbeats fast and my hands shake. her boyfriend just broke up with her and when she was telling me that over the phone, my heart felt like it was actually hurting and my hands were shaking more. Now she wants to go out with this other guy that she arely knows. what should i do. she speaks german, greek, english, and very little japanese. I think i may be in love, this has never happened to me. someone help please!

Here's ol jinksys' take on this. Forget all the love crap, think logically. She just broke up with her BF so she's hurt and vulnerable. She is now trying to fill the void with some loser she hardly knows. Screw him! Be a man, ask her out face to face and seal the deal. If she says no, then too bad so sad. There are millions of women out there, no need to get tore up over just one.
Last edited by jinksys on Sun 09.03.2006 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Postby TrilinguisT » Sun 09.03.2006 7:12 pm

try everything you can to make her look your way .. if you're gonna be that guy she always goes to when she needs to talk or whatever, you're going to be stuck as 'that guy who's my personal diary, but i cannot date him' kinda friend, trust me, you dont want to be one of those cause they'll always think you got the time to hear them bitch and rant about stuff .
TrilinguisT

Postby redfoxer » Wed 09.06.2006 12:07 pm

Heh, watch "just friends" really funny film. Funny cos its true. There is a way out of a friends zone though ;) I may have already said it but i have a memory like a seive and about as much time as a guy about to be hit by a bus. Just stop being so avaliable. Live your own life. Where is OP anyhow? I would like some insight into his thoughts and what has actually happened. :) Would be enlightening :D
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Previous

Return to General off topic