Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Facing your fears.

Facing your fears.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Facing your fears.

Postby emingygurl » Sat 09.02.2006 8:51 pm

Yeah, FF3 wasn't really a scary movie, scary as in you scared of every little noise and shadow hours after the movie ended. It was scary in a whole different sense. XD And it was kind of funny, only because those two girls were annoying. "Omgz, are we, lyke, the only popular people that come here?" "Lyke, yaaaah."
"It's not that I want to win, it's just that I don't want to lose."- Gackt
emingygurl

Postby kanadajin » Sat 09.02.2006 9:17 pm

lol.. well, when me and my friend were watching that movie we were in a tent.. sleeping outside of his Grand-ma's house.. and there was a tree with a brach sticking out.. moving up and down, he thought it was his mom(i knew it was a tree) he said "mom if thats u.. it's not funny" and he was scared of every shadow and noise after that.. like we heard a fire cracker go off an he was like EUF ASKJREGNES RYAN!! WHATS THAT!.. I just kept telling him to calm down and shut up ;)
kanadajin

Postby emingygurl » Sat 09.02.2006 9:25 pm

rofl XD That was me after watching Darkness Falls. After the movie, I kept turning off the living room lights to scare the hell out of me and my friend. After the third time, there was this shape in the kitchen, and we both screamed bloody murder and ran. Ended up being her dad rofl. About an hour later, we were in the kitchen by the porch door, and it opened out of nowhere, the curtain flying around. We screamed bloody murder again, it was her dad. x_x

The scary thing is, I really think her house is haunted. While we were sleeping downstairs, I kept hearing the porch door open and slide shut, when her dad was asleep. And I had to sleep in this lounge room with the curtain over the doorway, and my friend was in her room, but I saw this shadow of someone outside the doorway (the curtain didn't cover the doorway completely). I told my friend it wasn't funny, no answer, and it went away. Scared the complete shit out of me. Some more stuff happened when I spent the night a few nights ago, but I won't get into those. XD (Footsteps in the living room)
emingygurl

Postby kanadajin » Sat 09.02.2006 9:44 pm

Lol well My friends toilet always flushes when nobody else is home.. and the basement door opens and slams shut.. and once he got locked in the bathroom.. which is weird.. Because u can only lock it form the inside.. and he couldnt open it.. and I couldnt either and I was on the outside about 10 minutes later it just opened.. and he had a toy in the basement.. one of those simon says toys where you push the button and he was away for a week.. when he got back the thing was playing... I don't think that could be on for a week without running out of batteries.. and it was like someone was playing it.. because you heard.. ding ding "beeep" like when you hit the wrong button.. man.. I hate his house
kanadajin

Postby Sumi » Sat 09.02.2006 9:45 pm

emingygurl wrote:
Yeah, FF3 wasn't really a scary movie, scary as in you scared of every little noise and shadow hours after the movie ended.

Dawn of the Dead & Resident Evil did that for me.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby emingygurl » Sat 09.02.2006 9:59 pm

I've never seen DotD, but I saw the first Resident Evil. Didn't think it was scary, just action. XDD

Kanadajin, your friend's house sounds scary. o.o I would never go there lol. Yeah, at my friend's house, her porch door slides open and shut at night. Footsteps in an empty room. I was sleeping in the guest room the other day, and kept hearing her dog whining outside my open door. When I got up to pet him, he wasn't anywhere nearby. I heard her basement door shut twice, and you know the sound when you pull the cord to turn a ceiling fan on and off? I heard that in the living room. x_x The shadow outside my room was the scariest, though.
emingygurl

Postby john2 » Sun 09.03.2006 4:12 pm

emingygurl wrote:
I've never seen DotD, but I saw the first Resident Evil. Didn't think it was scary, just action. XDD

Kanadajin, your friend's house sounds scary. o.o I would never go there lol. Yeah, at my friend's house, her porch door slides open and shut at night. Footsteps in an empty room. I was sleeping in the guest room the other day, and kept hearing her dog whining outside my open door. When I got up to pet him, he wasn't anywhere nearby. I heard her basement door shut twice, and you know the sound when you pull the cord to turn a ceiling fan on and off? I heard that in the living room. x_x The shadow outside my room was the scariest, though.

O-o i like ghosts...
john2

Postby Shibakoen » Sun 09.03.2006 9:59 pm

Sumi wrote:
emingygurl wrote:
Yeah, FF3 wasn't really a scary movie, scary as in you scared of every little noise and shadow hours after the movie ended.

Dawn of the Dead & Resident Evil did that for me.

If you guys want Horror, watch "Audition". I mentioned it in a thread recently, so before watching it you might want to check out the thread (or not because I think there were a few spoilers in there). I really like Horror/Suspense movies -- well, either cheesy ones like Final Destination 3 or ones with a really good twist at the end. Most of them, though, I figure out half-way through and can't wait for it to be over.
Shibakoen

Postby punkgrl326 » Sun 09.03.2006 10:56 pm

I have extreme arachnophobia and a huge fear of almost all bugs. The exception is butterflies, ladybugs, and fireflies. It's just now that I'm able to kill some bugs, like ants and small rolie polies.

kanadajin wrote:
I know! Ever since Final Destination 3 & that terrible tanning scene, I have to say that the tanning businesses here in my city have suffered.

LOL.. That was funny... (I mean that part in the movie)

Anyway, I've never really faced any of my fears because I don't know what im afraid of(I know im afraid of stuff, obviously)...

Their death was an accident waiting to happen. I mean one of them left their drinks on top of the tanning bed for crying out loud, not to mention they were both listening to music using an electronic device in a heated environment. That's a bad thing to do :|
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby kanadajin » Sun 09.03.2006 11:06 pm

yup.. But alll of the deaths were accidents waiting to happen.. I mean the odds of things like that happening are very slim.. But I guess it's still possible..
kanadajin

Postby emingygurl » Sun 09.03.2006 11:07 pm

lol Yeah, if I did, for some reason, decide to try a tanning bed, I tried to reason myself to just not bring a drink with me. XD But then I had this worst-case-scenario thing of someone ELSE coming in with a drink. x_x;;
emingygurl

Postby kanadajin » Sun 09.03.2006 11:17 pm

lol.. Well I think more than 1 person would be working there and would hear you yelling and screaming..
kanadajin

Postby redfoxer » Wed 09.06.2006 12:12 pm

Only 2 things scare me. Something (like a plank of wood) literally covered with pin size holes, and carbuncles. The stuff that lines the undersides of boats. Oh and this stuff like this happening to me... *shudders*
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby richvh » Wed 09.06.2006 12:16 pm

redfoxer wrote:
and carbuncles. The stuff that lines the undersides of boats.

I think you mean "barnacles"
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby redfoxer » Wed 09.06.2006 12:24 pm

ahhh thanks richsan :) thats what i meant. i was thinking very final fantasy-ish there
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic