Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Fact!

Fact!

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Fact!

Postby tanuki » Mon 09.11.2006 2:37 pm

Infidel wrote:
I also get advertisments where they say, "This is the only place to get......" or "Our product is the most......"

I've rarely found either to be correct. Being an american, I can't help but wonder if there is a lawsuit in there somewhere....

Being a Bolivian, I've always though there was a law against that in the Land of Lawsuits (USA).
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby hyperconjugated » Mon 09.11.2006 3:11 pm

tanuki wrote:
Infidel wrote:
I also get advertisments where they say, "This is the only place to get......" or "Our product is the most......"

I've rarely found either to be correct. Being an american, I can't help but wonder if there is a lawsuit in there somewhere....

Being a Bolivian, I've always though there was a law against that in the Land of Lawsuits (USA).

I bet there's cool shine in the dark
waiver in every cereal box.
Last edited by hyperconjugated on Mon 09.11.2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irgendwann fällt jede Mauer
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby keatonatron » Mon 09.11.2006 7:15 pm

tanuki wrote:

The good ol' LOL.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby Tspoonami » Mon 09.11.2006 8:16 pm

This thread makes me think of Tenel Ka... If anyone knows who I'm talking about, buy yourself a Lomin Ale.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby mamba » Tue 09.12.2006 1:14 am

To me I believe breakfast is an important meal. And theres no need for "a 15 year study shows that blahabalhblah." Lets say you have breakfast at 7am (work, school), lunch at 2pm, dinner at 9pm, yes? Reasonable enough? Each 7 hours appart. However from 9pm to 7am, you have 10 hours of no food (because your sleeping you dont actually feel hungry.)

Now who in their right mind would go to work without eating first, eh? Then you have other opinions, who would sleep on an empty stomache? Why would anyone not eat any lunch at the peak of the day? Its all relative. Solution, just eat when your body is asking for food k?
mamba

Postby datdo » Tue 09.12.2006 1:22 am

aaaaaaaaa the kirby life style. If only it were trully possible in america
datdo

Postby f00fbug » Tue 09.12.2006 1:42 am

Ugh, I that level of assertiveness disgusts me. I usually don't hang out with people who begin their sentences with "Fact" for very long.

As for you, I suggest ripping the box in half, or cutting that part out of the box to make it less presumptuous.
Last edited by f00fbug on Tue 09.12.2006 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
f00fbug

Postby Infidel » Tue 09.12.2006 2:01 am

tanuki wrote:
Infidel wrote:

We are also the land of loopholes....
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby keatonatron » Tue 09.12.2006 3:53 am

f00fbug wrote:
As for you, I suggest ripping the box in half, or cutting that part out of the box to make it less presumptuous.

Or just take the bag out and throw the box away.

When I was young, we always got the cheap cereals--you know, the ones on the bottom that come in big bags with very little advertising on them.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby Mariya » Tue 09.12.2006 4:09 am

Now who in their right mind would go to work without eating first, eh? Then you have other opinions, who would sleep on an empty stomache? Why would anyone not eat any lunch at the peak of the day?

Hmm, someone who's not hungry?
Mariya

Postby redfoxer » Tue 09.12.2006 12:05 pm

f00fbug wrote:
Ugh, I that level of assertiveness disgusts me. I usually don't hang out with people who begin their sentences with "Fact" for very long.

lol, how many people in real life do you know who talk in that commercial way for real?

FACT. I'm off to the toilets. FACT. I'm hungry. FACT. You're going to punch me in the face for speaking in such a stupid manner.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby tanuki » Tue 09.12.2006 2:23 pm

mamba wrote:
Now who in their right mind would go to work without eating first, eh? Then you have other opinions, who would sleep on an empty stomache? Why would anyone not eat any lunch at the peak of the day?

An anorectic.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Firefly » Tue 09.12.2006 2:35 pm

tanuki wrote:
mamba wrote:

An anorectic.

Anorexia is an eating disorder along with an mental disorder. ;)

(Mental because the anorexic looks into the mirror and sees themselves as fat when usually they are no where near it. So they stop eating.)
Hiragana - 16/46
Katakana - 4/46
Kanji - 4/+
Firefly

Postby Chris Hart » Tue 09.12.2006 3:22 pm

tanuki wrote:
mamba wrote:

An anorectic.

Someone who goes to work way too early. This is usually compensated for with a bigger lunch.
Chris Hart

Postby magma » Tue 09.12.2006 4:55 pm

Someone who goes to work way too early. This is usually compensated for with a bigger lunch.

I think you just described 98% of white-collar America.

aaaaaaaaa the kirby life style.

Are you talkin' about that little white puffy guy who floats and stuff?
Last edited by magma on Tue 09.12.2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magma

Native language: 米語

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic