fbpx

4 Comments

August 12, 2020

にほんごのたね: Ep 1: 自己紹介について Makoto+

For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.

自己紹介(じこしょうかい)について

About Self-Introductions

Note: normally, only Makoto+ members will have access to the transcript and key vocabulary.

Transcript with Furigana

Transcript without Furigana

Key Vocabulary

Take the Quiz!

Sharing is caring!

• Hi there, I don’t quite understand the sentence below. I reckon that it urges ladies to be careful about revealing their age, and then what puzzles me is that the news will report the age. Is that what the sentence means? Just curious why the Japanese media will report about someone’s age? May Yumi-san explain? Thank you

日本では、年齢よく聞かれますから、女性のあなた、気を付つけてください。日本では、新聞に年齢が載ってたりしますからね。

• That’s exactly what it means. News broadcasts almost always give people’s ages with their names. I believe this is because social standing is very important in Japan, and one’s age (先輩・後輩 senpai/kouhai) is the most obvious way to quickly figure out how to speak or refer to that person.

As for 女性のあなた、気を付つけてください, Yumi is just being cute here. “Watch out ladies! Be careful because you will be asked.” 🙂

• WHen you did the market research for this . I said I have so much material from you i probably won’t use it. However it’s solid immersion and it’s really very useful and interesting.

• {"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Level up your Japanese!

free-kanji-or-hiragana-offer-final

For Total Beginners

Japanese for beginners - Beri-Beri Shoshinsha

This 15-book study guide + worksheets bundle is ON SALE. For just one-time payment only, you will get this bundle for a very low price plus you will get future contents for free (no additional charge).

Easy to follow and understand

This bundle is perfect for absolute beginners. It's thorough without being wordy, giving you exactly enough information to understand the concepts without overloading you with information. 

TheJapanShop.com Customer

Makoto+ Membership

You'll notice many TheJapanesePage.com lessons have bonus content for Makoto+ Members. Well, membership goes well beyond that. Members also get our monthly magazine for learners of Japanese (Beginners to Intermediates), weekly exclusive lessons, Podcast bonus content, and much more.

>