Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Sick, but not sure what is wrong with me. Any help?

Sick, but not sure what is wrong with me. Any help?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Sick, but not sure what is wrong with me. Any help?

Postby Ren » Wed 09.13.2006 10:35 pm

For about two weeks now I have been feeling really sick, but I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with me. I feel extremely weak, and I have aches all over, every one of my limbs is trembling and I have a constant, unending headache... It's getting so bad that I can't take it anymore. I've been going to school with it, but I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to stand it. I had to run a mile today, and after the first lap (out of 8) i practically collapsed out of weakness and had to quit. Everyone is telling me that it must be that I am not eating. I know that not to be true, though. Does anybody know what this is? (Oh yeah, and every now and then I will get a fever.)
私 は 日本語 が すき です よ!
Ren

RE: Sick, but not sure what is wrong with me. Any help?

Postby magma » Wed 09.13.2006 10:39 pm

You *could* have a tapeworm. Better get it checked out.
magma

Native language: 米語

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 09.13.2006 10:42 pm

Seriously, are you eating? That's kinda what I'm starting to feel now, and I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't eaten anything since Sunday dinner... Maybe you really should eat something? It will help, I think.

If you are eating right, you might want to see your school nurse. (Whether your in high school or college, there is definately someone where you are that can help.) You symptoms sound pretty serious, I think you should get checked out....

Don't make yourself sick :|
Last edited by prep_girl_Nessa on Wed 09.13.2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby keatonatron » Wed 09.13.2006 10:44 pm

You have a fever. And the only cure is more cowbell.

(but seriously, maybe see a doctor instead of asking a bunch of nerds on the internet?)
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby magma » Wed 09.13.2006 10:46 pm

Since you came to a Japanese Learning Site for medical advice, you are obviously suffering from poor judgement as well.

[center]GO TO THE DOCTOR[/center]
magma

Postby Ren » Wed 09.13.2006 10:49 pm

Hey, it's on the off-topic board and I was already here anyway. But nobody will let me go to the doctor (And I for sure can't pay for the visit on my own), so I've just been sitting it out.
私 は 日本語 が すき です よ!
Ren

Postby magma » Wed 09.13.2006 10:50 pm

What do your parents think you have?
magma

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 09.13.2006 10:53 pm

But nobody will let me go to the doctor (And I for sure can't pay for the visit on my own), so I've just been sitting it out.

Your school has to have some kind of nurse working there, and it's free! Please, go get help before something worse happens. It might just be the flu or something, but it might be worse.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Ren » Wed 09.13.2006 10:54 pm

My dad is pretty stubborn when it comes to medical issues. He thinks I have just not been eating. I know however, that I have been eating normally, in the way that I always do.

I've broken my arm twice, and each time he thought it was a bruise. I had appendicitis, and he thought it was something I ate. He's not going to budge on something like this.
私 は 日本語 が すき です よ!
Ren

Postby magma » Wed 09.13.2006 10:58 pm

In that case, if I were you, I'd take prep_girl_Nessa's advice and go see the school nurse.
magma

Postby Infidel » Wed 09.13.2006 11:34 pm

Go to the school nurse.

Your parent sound's neglectful.

Any health problem you have as a child have a way of sticking to you for life--one way or the other. Get it fixed, get it fixed now. Don't accept your father's excuses.

Tell your father that he can either take you to the doctor, or go to the nurse and complain that your parents are denying you medical services.

Rykk
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 09.14.2006 9:14 am

keatonatron wrote:
You have a fever. And the only cure is more cowbell.

(but seriously, maybe see a doctor instead of asking a bunch of nerds on the internet?)

I was gonna say the same thing.. Go to a doctor and get better, all we can do is either encourage you to go, make fun of you for not going, or ask for more COWBELL!
two_heads_talking

Postby keatonatron » Thu 09.14.2006 9:22 am

Tell him you're going to call either the doctor's office or CPS (Child Protective Services). Let him decide which one.
keatonatron

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 09.14.2006 4:48 pm

Ren wrote:
My dad is pretty stubborn when it comes to medical issues. He thinks I have just not been eating. I know however, that I have been eating normally, in the way that I always do.

I've broken my arm twice, and each time he thought it was a bruise. I had appendicitis, and he thought it was something I ate. He's not going to budge on something like this.

unfortunately short of telling you what to do.. we can't help.. if you parents won't budge what can we do? puke on him.. ? wait.. you can do that.. you need to ask them. we are no good
two_heads_talking

Postby john2 » Thu 09.14.2006 7:01 pm

wheal here i would advise going to the doctor. . .
john2

Next

Return to General off topic