Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - i pased my 128 post :|

i pased my 128 post :|

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: i pased my 128 post :|

Postby Sumi » Thu 09.14.2006 9:20 pm

I never truly knew how to say pwn. Until now, I just told somebody that they just got owned.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby chikara » Thu 09.14.2006 9:39 pm

keatonatron wrote:
.....We also like to vocalize "lol" (sounds like "lawl") and the common typo "teh"

"I am teh king of teh intargigawebs lawl"

Now you've ruined it for me. :(

I always thought that "teh" was one of those "words" like "meh" that Bart, Hommer or Jessica Simpson used that had been adopted into the English language.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby chikara » Thu 09.14.2006 9:50 pm

john2 wrote:
wheal anyway glad this thread is met so wheal.

"wheal" Image

john2 wrote:128 is just a special number to me infact i want to be that old when i grow up to be an old man

I believe you should set yourself small, easily achievable, goals rather than aim for 128 straight off. Why don't you set yourself a goal of growing up to be 13 and if you make that then you can aim for 16. ;)

Oh, and here's some spare capitals I had laying around "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ". Looks to me like you could use them.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Tspoonami » Thu 09.14.2006 10:32 pm

I believe you should set yourself small, easily achievable, goals rather than aim for 128 straight off. Why don't you set yourself a goal of growing up to be 13 and if you make that then you can aim for 16. ;)

That's just so mean... but so funny... Aah, can't stop laughing!

d(_ _)b
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby john2 » Fri 09.15.2006 2:43 am

SS wrote:
A Cantonese friend was asking me want to eat (something...) one day, and she was saying : Want to eight ?

woot woot ... 128 reminds me of her words ^^

hrmmm ...... her engRish is so powderful and I completely catch no ball ! :D

Edit:
Just kidding, pls don't mind, woot woot ^^

Dose it sound cute :p
john2 wrote:128 is just a special number to me infact i want to be that old when i grow up to be an old man

Oh, and here's some spare capitals I had laying around "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ". Looks to me like you could use them.

I Ran Out Of Them Almost A Month Ago Thank Youre God.
Last edited by john2 on Fri 09.15.2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
john2

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 09.15.2006 9:32 am

keatonatron wrote:
Infidel wrote:
And yes, they do, though I hear pwn more often.

I don't know how to say that one. I'd probably go with "pawn".

It's leet not ignorant :P

No, it's making fun of the typos stupid people make when they're trying to be leet.

pwn is a typo for own (in leetspeak it would be pronounced just like own but with a "p" in front.. )
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 09.15.2006 9:39 am

Mike Cash wrote:
My life sucks sometimes, but I give thanks to God that thus far I have been spared encountering "woot" anywhere other than in print on the internet.

Do people actually say such an ignorant-sounding pseudoword?

to the internet crowd the 1337$pE4k is just another language similar to Japanese, Chinese, French or other foreign language. In all honesty people say woot all the time, depending on which forums you frequent and what hobbies you have.

if you play any MMORPG (online role playing games, such as world of warcraft, ultima online, EU, DAoC, Guild Wars, you will here it constantly..

Of course ignorance is only in the eye of the beholder, and to those that use 1337, if you can't or don't understand, that's just peachy to them.. it's the way they like it..

@ no one in particular, it is my theory that ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand. when one is so above all they pervay and they expect everyone to come up to their level, their arrogance is equated by their ignorance of what those they look down upon are doing.. so for me, I see an equation of the two..

I can look thumb my nose at someone who uses a lesser form of English too. I can call them ignorant etc. But in reality I am just as ignorant for the judging..

so errorgance = ignorance ..
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Fri 09.15.2006 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Postby Infidel » Fri 09.15.2006 1:49 pm

I see we are in a punning mood.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby paste » Sat 09.16.2006 11:11 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
to the internet crowd the 1337$pE4k is just another language similar to Japanese, Chinese, French or other foreign language. In all honesty people say woot all the time, depending on which forums you frequent and what hobbies you have.
@ no one in particular, it is my theory that ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand. when one is so above all they pervay and they expect everyone to come up to their level, their arrogance is equated by their ignorance of what those they look down upon are doing.. so for me, I see an equation of the two..

I can look thumb my nose at someone who uses a lesser form of English too. I can call them ignorant etc. But in reality I am just as ignorant for the judging..

whoa, i wouldn't go so far as to say leetspeak is an entire other language. maybe an english dialect, if it's possible for a dialect to be almost entirely written.

as for ignorance, everyone's ignorant at some level, and choosing to speak a "lesser form of English" as you put it is simply a choice based on one's opinion of what sounds good. but yeah, being judgmental is lame and totally sux0rz.

yes, it's pronounced "poned"

i got all excited when those two guards in Mario and Luigi: Partner in Time started speaking in leet. funny stuff

-paste
paste

Postby Gan » Sat 09.16.2006 12:45 pm

ano~... sore wa nani desu ne? I have always pronounced pwn pawned.. lol.. And yes I do say L, O, L, in real speach. I also say stuff is Chill, live, and gnarly.. Infact I think that this post is a waste of my own time. It's definately gnarly, - to be disgusting, grusome, the like..
Gan

Postby john2 » Mon 09.25.2006 7:27 pm

paste wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:

whoa, i wouldn't go so far as to say leetspeak is an entire other language. maybe an english dialect, if it's possible for a dialect to be almost entirely written.

as for ignorance, everyone's ignorant at some level, and choosing to speak a "lesser form of English" as you put it is simply a choice based on one's opinion of what sounds good. but yeah, being judgmental is lame and totally sux0rz.

yes, it's pronounced "poned"

i got all excited when those two guards in Mario and Luigi: Partner in Time started speaking in leet. funny stuff

-paste
...^^ will you exept my imaginary lanugage as a language
john2

Postby Sakana_12345 » Tue 09.26.2006 2:31 am

*bows to thread*

You have succeeded in completely losing my attention span.

Is
it
can
be
hugs
tiem
now
plees?!

/Engrish contribution.
Sakana_12345

Postby Chris Hart » Wed 09.27.2006 8:50 am

john2 wrote:
wheal anyway glad this thread is met so wheal.
128 is just a special number to me infact i want to be that old when i grow up to be an old man :D

So, in what year will you be 0b10000000b or 0x80, john2さん?

Just curious, is your really long term goal FFh?

My post count is currently 0b1111011, or 0x7B.
Last edited by Chris Hart on Wed 09.27.2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Hart

Postby keatonatron » Wed 09.27.2006 9:24 am

Chris Hart wrote:
So, in what year will you be 10000000b or 80h, john2さん?

Well, if he's, say, 10100 right now, he's got another 1101100 to go.
keatonatron

Postby Chris Hart » Wed 09.27.2006 10:06 am

keatonatron wrote:
Chris Hart wrote:
So, in what year will you be 0b10000000 or 0x80, john2さん?

Well, if he's, say, 10100 right now, he's got another 1101100 to go.

I hadn't seen a post showing him as 0x14. (that's 20. for those of you who can't read hex.)

[bad joke]How many people can read hex if only you and dead people can read hex?click for answer[/bad joke]
Last edited by Chris Hart on Wed 09.27.2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Hart

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic