Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - procrastination is a bad thing. i really need some help here

procrastination is a bad thing. i really need some help here

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

procrastination is a bad thing. i really need some help here

Postby Hatori » Tue 09.19.2006 11:23 pm

hi there everybody! well, since i've got school, and such and such, it's been so hard to be able to do my schoolwork for reading related things. but, i've noticed that WHY i'm doing last minute work, is from my manga i've been reading. i'm always borrowing and buying new manga like everyweek! so, i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to help me STOP reading manga and such, so i can get my school work done first. it's so hard to put down my books! but, i'm not saying i'm a bad student or anything, but i procrastinate a lot because of reading manga too much. i have all A's (no -A's!) and one B in my least favorite subject. manga is like a drug to me. it's so terrible. *cry* :(
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: procrastination is a bad thing. i really need some help

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 09.20.2006 12:30 am

I have the same problem, except it's kind of Japanese that's my problem.... I'm kinda suppose to be working on my Material Selections homework, but I've been reading some Learn Japanese pages for the past 15 minutes... -_-

Maybe try to work out a reward system. Like, if you get a new manga and you really want to read it, tell yourself that you have to do X amount of homework before you can read it.

Meh, sounds corny, but it might work... I think I should try it. (Should, meaning it would help me, but I won't do it ;) )
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Infidel » Wed 09.20.2006 12:48 am

think of manga as dessert and remember that the real food comes first, then dessert.

Really, the only cure for procrastination is motivation. If you are motivated then you don't procrastinate. So you have to find something that motivates you, or create a situation that motivates you. Since you are the only person that truly understands your motivations, you are the only one that can give yourself useful specific suggestions.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Hatori » Mon 09.25.2006 10:08 pm

things have gone great lately. I REALLY HAD TO GIVE UP MY BOOKS for a while at least. but, i had SOO many projects last week! i had a civil war book that turned out to be 18 pages, 2 math essays, and a science paper. plus some hw from normal classes and i have to read this book i'm almost done with now. i have to do a book jacket and a paper for history this week too. but it's not as bad as last week, thankfully!
yay! i can read manga occasionally instead of nothing at all. the hard thing is that i have to give up most of my video games! so, that sucks.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby kanadajin » Mon 09.25.2006 10:17 pm

Lol ADDICT... Lol sorry, first im going to go all rehab on you.. First you need to admit you have a problem.

Ok seriously uhh.. I had the same problem, it might take a while but I think the best thing to do Is just THINK about yuor HW and the consequences while your reading ur manga everytime and eventually you'll start doing your hw.. OR you could ask someone To take all your books away from you, or hide them.

I can't really help you much because I don't know how.. (whats the word XD) uhh.. (i'll just say) dedicated you are to stop.

So Yeah..
kanadajin

Postby Reno » Wed 09.27.2006 9:03 pm

If you can use procrastinate in a sentence your not a bad student :Dj/k

To at least contribute to your problem " WILLPOWERRRRR "
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby john2 » Thu 09.28.2006 2:17 pm

kanadajin wrote:
Lol ADDICT... Lol sorry, first im going to go all rehab on you.. First you need to admit you have a problem.

Ok seriously uhh.. I had the same problem, it might take a while but I think the best thing to do Is just THINK about yuor HW and the consequences while your reading ur manga everytime and eventually you'll start doing your hw.. OR you could ask someone To take all your books away from you, or hide them.

I can't really help you much because I don't know how.. (whats the word XD) uhh.. (i'll just say) dedicated you are to stop.

So Yeah..

mayby i have a little problem T__T
hmm yes im a manga adict and an adict to a great many things and am im not shure if im proud
Last edited by john2 on Thu 09.28.2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john2

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 09.28.2006 2:29 pm

wheal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
two_heads_talking

Postby tanuki » Thu 09.28.2006 2:36 pm

LOL!!!!!
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby aKuMu » Thu 09.28.2006 2:41 pm

Haha, yes, i like 'wheal' I always wanted to tell you, john2 , that its 'well', not 'wheal'
:|
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby tanuki » Thu 09.28.2006 2:45 pm

Hm, who would've thought that "[url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welt_%28medicine%29]wheal[/url]" is an actual word?
Last edited by tanuki on Thu 09.28.2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby john2 » Thu 09.28.2006 2:58 pm

aKuMu wrote:
Haha, yes, i like 'wheal' I always wanted to tell you, john2 , that its 'well', not 'wheal' :|
thanks

tanuki wrote:
Hm, who would've thought that "[url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welt_%28medicine%29]wheal[/url]" is an actual word?

hmm i seam to have them alot.

<click here for bad parody>
Last edited by john2 on Thu 09.28.2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john2

Postby Chris Hart » Thu 09.28.2006 3:21 pm

aKuMu wrote:
Haha, yes, i like 'wheal' I always wanted to tell you, john2 , that its 'well', not 'wheal'
:|

I figured he was trying to add a southern drawl to his writing. :)
Chris Hart

Postby Mike Cash » Thu 09.28.2006 3:35 pm

The meeting of Procrastinators Anonymous scheduled for last night has been cancelled. I was supposed to tell everyone last week, but something came up and I never got around to it. My apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.
Mike Cash

Postby Hatori » Thu 09.28.2006 11:20 pm

YES! I'VE BEEN SUCCESSFUL SO FAR, MY PEOPLES! i've been getting so much work done because i havn't gotten money lately to buy some books. but i got $20... but i have no immediat projects or anything and i have lots of my projects that are due later done! w000t! i'm cool. B) B) B)
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions