Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese fonts question

Japanese fonts question

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Japanese fonts question

Postby Takeshi » Thu 09.21.2006 12:38 am

when i try to type in japanese, it doesn't show on my screen as japanese fonts, but a bunch of weird characters.

but anyways, however if i hit the submit button, then the fonts show up properly as japanese characters. is there a way to see the actual japanese fonts as i type them? :|

also after i loaded in the japanese fonts, my screen fonts on this website got really tiny, while the screen got really wide. anyone had this problem before?
Takeshi

RE: Japanese fonts question

Postby Takeshi » Thu 09.21.2006 12:57 am

i figured out typing the japanese fonts, but not the font size problem.

anyways, if you have this problem you have to...
> go to the preferences
> click on language/fonts
> check your default character sets and make sure they all have a japanese font set in the boxes. i used the one that describes the (auto detect font.)

i hope this can help people if they have the same problem as me. oops, i forgot to mention, this is for macs. ;)
Takeshi

Postby xavlet » Sat 10.28.2006 5:50 am

where do you go to change that option?
In the desktop settings or in the Internet options??
Cause I have Windows 2000 Professional and I don't find any IME to install ro else...
I can see Japanese fonts sometimes like on MSN messenger and so on, but I can't see them when somebody sends me an email with kanji, hiragana or katakana...
The same with the mail I get from this website teaching everyday a new kanji, I can't see the kanji....
Could somebody help me?
Thanks a lot in advance !! ;)
xavlet

Postby akarui » Sat 10.28.2006 6:37 am

have you tryed looking up japanese language support software on the microsoft website? you can download it then you can see the characters. it worked for me and im on windows so that mite work......
akarui

Return to Problems