Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - I think i'm in love XD

I think i'm in love XD

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

I think i'm in love XD

Postby kanadajin » Sun 10.01.2006 9:07 pm

Okay first off. I know wat half of you are probably thinking, WHO CARES??! Because sorry but most of the time I think that >< but Now I understand why, so please forgive me :|

So The last gf I had was like.. A long time ago gr 7(Im in gr 9). I used to ask girls out like nothing (No I wasn't a playa :P) I just liked a lot of people.

But that was so long ago, I wasn't even able to ask someone I recently liked to go out with me. I just liked her is all.

BUT NOW! I was coming home from school and my friend was outside with her and her friends. This wasn't to long ago. When I first saw her I thought she wasn't hot, or pretty, or good-looking... She was beautiful, later on I discovered she was Nice and funny.

I am almost 100% sure she likes me back. But I can't find out the reason I can't ask her out. All I know is I've NEVER... EVER Liked anyone this much. Im not so sure it's rejection im worried about, but I don't know.

Please help me..

:) thanks ;)

(Lol I feel so stupid making this thread)
kanadajin

RE: I think i'm in love XD

Postby Schattenjedi » Sun 10.01.2006 9:29 pm

If you drink a couple beers your inhibitions will be gone and you'll be free to ask her...
Schattenjedi

Postby kanadajin » Sun 10.01.2006 9:32 pm

Yeah, but I don't think she'll say yes if Im drunk, and I really don't like drinking because all beer taste like ______ so I don't really drink ;)
kanadajin

Postby keatonatron » Mon 10.02.2006 12:24 am

We can't really offer advice until we know the real problem :|
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Mon 10.02.2006 1:50 am

keatonatron wrote:
We can't really offer advice until we know the real problem :|

Is there a problem? Ask her to go see a movie with you. If you know she likes you, it should be no problem. :) Good luck!
Last edited by prep_girl_Nessa on Mon 10.02.2006 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Mathix KOA » Mon 10.02.2006 2:05 am

uhh if you cant ask her, find a remote not-in-person way to ask her, much eaiser and less to worry about.. ask her out online or something or write her a note, or you could get a friend to ask her out for you??
Mathix KOA

Postby Mariya » Mon 10.02.2006 4:29 am

Ask her straight out. Life is too short.

If you're hesitating, maybe you should wait it out until you know each other a little better and your instincts tell you to go for it. Either way, you don't want to drag it on til too long since a third person could walk into the scene. Believe me, you don't want that. >.<
Mariya

Postby Takeshi » Mon 10.02.2006 5:54 am

kanadajin tell us more man. i mean, do you talk to her on the phone, do you have classes with her, etc. i feel for you man, we've all (the guys) been through that at least once in our lives. just be careful you don't get to close without making a move, or else you may end up in the "friend catagory". where they say "i really like you a lot, but our friendship is to important to risk dating" aghhhhh.....that's a killer. :D
タケシ
Takeshi

Postby Mike Cash » Mon 10.02.2006 6:54 am

Man, I'm glad I'm not 14 anymore. (Not that 41 is that much of a joy....)
Mike Cash

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 10.02.2006 10:33 am

one of life's joys is being a teenager where everything is so critical and immediate. the other of life's joys is looking back and realizing how short it was and how silly you were to have worried so much..

you have 2 options that I see. Ask her out, or don't. either way, your future is bright and you will enjoy it.. unless of course you are one that keeps second guessing themself and then, life will be miserable..
two_heads_talking

Postby panz » Mon 10.02.2006 11:17 am

/gogo kanadajinsan. just face to face and talk what yah feel about her. /gg
i love this site ^_^
panz

Postby datdo » Mon 10.02.2006 11:25 am

...um...is this the right place to ask these kinda problems...I mean the internet isn't the nicest place ... I would try asking friends who you can see for help not ... *us*
datdo

Postby redfoxer » Mon 10.02.2006 11:26 am

Mathix KOA wrote:
uhh if you cant ask her, find a remote not-in-person way to ask her, much eaiser and less to worry about.. ask her out online or something or write her a note, or you could get a friend to ask her out for you??

Don't ask her out subtley (damn that word...i can't spell it!!)... If you ask her out subltey, she could mistake it as friends hanging out, rather than going out with you... if you get what I mean? Doesn't sound like there's much of problem. Just do your thing and ask her out. Sounds like you are scared of the rejection, even though you don't think you are. Fear can be good. Gives you the adrenaline (sp) to do stupid things. Use it to your advantage and just ask her.

Also, doing it not face to face is just plain bad for asking someone out IMO. When i was a kid, i sent a girl a card asking her out. Hahaha, it was a "Well done for passing the test" card, since there wasn't any others at the shop. I still look back and laugh at how stupid it was. Ah I've done alot of stupid things as a kid.

Better to regret what you've done than regretting the things you haven't.

Schattenjedi wrote:
If you drink a couple beers your inhibitions will be gone and you'll be free to ask her...

Encouraging underage drinking... :p tut tut
Last edited by redfoxer on Mon 10.02.2006 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby Reno » Mon 10.02.2006 12:14 pm

Schattenjedi, you're right that beer always helps but then Kanadajin should take her clubbing, but he's not old enough for that...

I know how you feel though, I was at this party (not PARTY!!! but familyparty, you know) and this waitress was so damn beautiful I wanted to ask her out but I just didnt know how to start or when to start (she was doing her job the whole time, now that was annoying :D) So I ended up going home without asking a thing....You DONT WANT THAT! You'll beat yourself up later on.

Ask her now and ask her straight out (online or through SMS might be easier though and still as effective if you write it properly) but at least do it NOW while you're reading this.

"Hey girl (replace with name), Im thinking of going to see Jackass Number Two (or better replace that with a movie she will like too :D) and I was wondering if you want to come see it with me?"

Hope something like that helps you, just type this in your cellphone without thinking and when it asks "send?" just think "aw what the hell"
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Kagemaru » Mon 10.02.2006 1:18 pm

What ever happened to half a pound of brill cream in your hair accompanied with a wink and a pack of smokes rolled up into the arm of your t-shirt?

Then again, I think I knew a woman once.......
Kagemaru

Native language: Greek

Next

Return to General off topic