Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Troubles Within the Country

Troubles Within the Country

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: Troubles Within the Country

Postby richvh » Sun 10.01.2006 3:51 pm

It didn't stick out as much to me. Besides, even if I had spotted it, it wouldn't have been quite as amusing.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby chiisu321 » Sun 10.01.2006 4:58 pm

Takeshi wrote:
chiisu321, i think it's interesting what you are doing and i wasn't even aware of this. after you are done with your study would you be allowed to post your article here? i'd love to read it and learn more about it. to everyone else, don't tell me to google it....i don't google! except on sundays. :D

I'll try and put up the one pretaining to my original post. (within the week)
The report is written in a structure like..........
Background
History of the problem based on research
Current Issue
what the problem is at this time (this part is hard to explain and took me a while to understand, so the definition i just gave is probably vague)
and
Policy
What measures are being taken to solve the issue

MUN is fun, but i do have to put up with some pretty interesting people.>_<
chiisu321

Postby datdo » Sun 10.01.2006 5:17 pm

Yeah...theres a model un in my school. They go to a meeting(or whatever) in Philidelphia in the .... spring if I remember correctly? Yeah but anyway usually at least 8 kids get their policies(or whatever) pasted out of the approximately 14 kids in the club...though I go to a smart people school...well more of a rich, smart, affluent people school.
datdo

Postby Shibakoen » Sun 10.01.2006 11:11 pm

prep_girl_Nessa wrote:
I remember Model UN! So much fun..

You never had to represent Iraq! Ugh, try lecturing about national sovereignty and self-determination to a bunch of 9th graders... This was after Iraq War I. I guess they never bothered to learn about it -- and their parents never did, either. :@
Shibakoen

Postby chiisu321 » Mon 10.02.2006 8:26 pm

datdo wrote:
Yeah...theres a model un in my school. They go to a meeting(or whatever) in Philidelphia in the .... spring if I remember correctly? Yeah but anyway usually at least 8 kids get their policies(or whatever) pasted out of the approximately 14 kids in the club...though I go to a smart people school...well more of a rich, smart, affluent people school.
I have no idea what you're saying =/ sorry
chiisu321

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan