Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - I think i'm in love XD

I think i'm in love XD

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: I think i'm in love XD

Postby Takeo Saeki » Mon 10.02.2006 2:54 pm

You should just suck it up and ask her, man. ;) Do it quick, like ripping off a Band-Aid. Don't slowly torture yourself. I was in your position a number of times. Each time, I hesitated too long and before I knew it, she was taken. Then I was beating myself up about that, too. LOL. It's an awful feeling. Don't make the same mistake. :) がんばって!
Takeo Saeki

Postby Aislynn » Mon 10.02.2006 3:35 pm

You could always stuff a note in her locker (if you're in the same school). I've done that with a couple of guys while I was in school - and one even asked me out! Just don't forget to put your locker number and/or name on it so they can respond in some way! I forgot to do that once... was SO embarassed when I asked the guy & he was like "Oh, that was YOU?!?"
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt-
Aislynn

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Mon 10.02.2006 4:11 pm

Just say "will you go out with me?" exactly like that. Either she'll be shocked inot saying yes by the bluntness of it, or just as bluntly she'll say no.(I did that once and that was the lats time I was ever asked out ever agian...)
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby Sachi » Mon 10.02.2006 5:16 pm

If I were you, I'd just try to get to know her a little more, then try making a move. If she says no, just try to move on (maybe she'll think about it later and want to go out with you); she might not be "the one", no matter how much it seems that way. If she says yes, then just enjoy yourself and her company.

All in all, がんばってね! :)
Sachi

Postby Reno » Mon 10.02.2006 10:36 pm

Just do it NOW :) My only advice. Dont wait or get to know her more bla (no offense Sachi :)) just go for it and make sure you do it NOW!!!

Like Marxism said, you WILL beat yourself up if you dont do it in time. I dont know if you're strong but that would suck if you'd beat yourself up :)
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby BrianM » Mon 10.02.2006 10:47 pm

Thats a great feeling, i remember i fell in love in the 4th grade(yes i know it was love, not a crush)> the only girl i noticed was the girl i was in love with, i can remember any other girl from the time i new her besides her. My hands would sweat, my knees would shake, my words jumble when i tried to speak. Yea it was love. Never asked her out, although i dont regret it cause i know if i could go back in time i probably wouldnt, anyways....Go for it man, just ask her out to a movie, life is too freakin short. I remember when i first asked a girl out on a date i was so nervous but i just told myself "Just do it! U got nothing to lose, theres plenty of other girls out there!" So i did and she declined but, at least i tried.

So go for it man! Hope it works out!
BrianM

Native language: English/Portuguese

Postby YohkoTA29Strike » Tue 10.03.2006 9:22 am

Hang out with her, and I'm pretty dang sure it'll make things much, much, easier. It's because you get to know a lot of things about her. That's how I started before I went out with my girlfriend. I did that for about 2-4 weeks and once I asked her, she outright said yes to me. :D
YohkoTA29Strike

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 10.03.2006 11:22 am

BrianM wrote:
Thats a great feeling, i remember i fell in love in the 4th grade(yes i know it was love, not a crush)> the only girl i noticed was the girl i was in love with, i can remember any other girl from the time i new her besides her. My hands would sweat, my knees would shake, my words jumble when i tried to speak. Yea it was love. Never asked her out, although i dont regret it cause i know if i could go back in time i probably wouldnt, anyways....Go for it man, just ask her out to a movie, life is too freakin short. I remember when i first asked a girl out on a date i was so nervous but i just told myself "Just do it! U got nothing to lose, theres plenty of other girls out there!" So i did and she declined but, at least i tried.

that doesn't sound like love, that sounds like fear.. rofl..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Takeo Saeki » Tue 10.03.2006 2:19 pm

LOL I hate to say, but I agree with two_heads_talking. :D
Takeo Saeki

Postby chiisu321 » Tue 10.03.2006 4:14 pm

Homecoming is always an option if you have one. If it makes you feel any better asking her to a dance instead of on a date. =/
chiisu321

Postby StarvingMusician » Tue 10.03.2006 6:12 pm

Obsessed_Saru wrote:
Just say "will you go out with me?" exactly like that. Either she'll be shocked inot saying yes by the bluntness of it, or just as bluntly she'll say no.(I did that once and that was the lats time I was ever asked out ever agian...)

Gyaahha I did that too, although the response I recieved was..."Wow, that's very forward. Can I have some time to think about it?" She planned on making me wait longer. I gave her a week, I didn't want to wait forever. Long story short, we never went out on a date. I asked her to a recent dance bluntly. She said yes to that, which is surprising. However the day I bought the ticket I recieved the old...."I think we should just be friends. There's gonna be some girl out there that's going to fall madly in love with you." We still went to the dance, but.... :( WHAT KIND OF SYMPATHY IS THAT?!
StarvingMusician

Postby Sumi » Tue 10.03.2006 6:23 pm

Well, just get to know her a little more. My current lover and I knew each other for 2 years at least, before we eventually found out that we both had feelings for each other.

But you don't have to wait 2 years. Like I said before, go out on a date with her and try to get to know her a little more. If she likes you back, then there should be no problem.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby Sachi » Tue 10.03.2006 6:57 pm

Reno wrote:
Just do it NOW :) My only advice. Dont wait or get to know her more bla (no offense Sachi :)) just go for it and make sure you do it NOW!!!

Like Marxism said, you WILL beat yourself up if you dont do it in time. I dont know if you're strong but that would suck if you'd beat yourself up :)

None taken ;)

But in my view, if some guy I barely knew or only knew for a little while came up to me and asked me out, I'd be a bit surprised, and might decline (I know, it sounds awful, but it's the blunt truth ^^;;). However, if it was someone I knew for awhile, but weren't permenantly "just friends" (maybe known each other for a month at least, and were comfortable around each other), I'd probably say yes.

Just my 2 cents :P
Sachi

Postby BrianM » Tue 10.03.2006 7:44 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
BrianM wrote:

AHHAHA yea well there is fear with loving a very good friend;)
BrianM

Native language: English/Portuguese

Postby Schattenjedi » Tue 10.03.2006 9:45 pm

BrianM wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:
BrianM wrote:

AHHAHA yea well there is fear with loving a very good friend;)

Sounds like infatuation.
Schattenjedi

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic