Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - College in Japan, what will it be like?

College in Japan, what will it be like?

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: College in Japan, what will it be like?

Postby suhui » Fri 10.06.2006 9:16 am

Sounds scary..hmm but got your advice Mukade-san. So we should actually anticipates for the future needs than going along with interest? I don't know really if I can put my Japanese to use though, for now I took its just for my interest in Jap.
Spoof!
suhui

Postby keatonatron » Fri 10.06.2006 11:26 am

suhui wrote:
So we should actually anticipates for the future needs than going along with interest?

Only if you plan on being a translator.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 10.06.2006 1:09 pm

as a military translator, i can vouche for job specific vocabulary. first make sure you understand the terms in your native tongue.. if you don't it won't matter how much Japanese you know. Second, make sure you adequately understand the Japanese vocabulary of the same.. And last, always make sure you ahve time to go over the material with the person who requests for translation etc.

Nothing worse than being handed 8 sheets of technical documents that need to be translated for a briefing in 2 hours. I don't care how good you are, if you can't do the document justice, you are better off stating that up front. Rather to look bad momentarily than make you and the person you are doing the translation for look bad later ..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan