Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT4 chat study group

JLPT4 chat study group

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: JLPT4 chat study group

Postby tanuki » Thu 09.28.2006 8:06 pm

Txkun wrote:
I'll be there. :)

Great! I'm really looking forward to it! :)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby randomperson » Sun 10.01.2006 10:07 am

from what i gathered (i came in late) todays class was on particles and adverbs. heres the log
Last edited by randomperson on Sun 10.01.2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
randomperson

Postby tanuki » Sat 10.07.2006 9:50 pm

Is there going to be a meeting tomorrow (Oct. 8th)? I don't see it in the chatroom schedule...
Last edited by tanuki on Sun 10.08.2006 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Txkun » Sun 10.08.2006 2:46 am

Sorry I just saw your post.

Well we could meet same hour same place ;), to just exercise a bit and exchange quiz and questions.

See you later.
Last edited by Txkun on Sun 10.08.2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby tanuki » Sun 10.08.2006 3:16 pm

I found today's meeting very productive. :)

Anyone have the log?
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Txkun » Sun 10.08.2006 4:58 pm

eheh thanks zengargoyle :D
My 6th sense was awaken by the title of the chat group ("Just in case") and so just guessing the format of the address by last time log... here it's the today chat log
;)
Txkun

Postby tanuki » Sun 10.08.2006 10:32 pm

I see dead people.

------

Thanks for the link to the log, Txkun-san.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby zengargoyle » Sun 10.08.2006 10:46 pm

:)

i'll try and set up the room whenever there's a chance of a meeting... only because it seems that Pandion doesn't fully support the room configuration... if you use Gaim, or probably Psi then the room configuration should have an 'enable logging' option, maybe Pandion will update someday and properly fetch the configuration properties from the server instead of just relying on the standard properties.

i'm bummed i keep missing the study group, but recently 5am sunday has been 'dead asleep' time :). i hope you all keep up the study untill test time in december! がんばって!
zengargoyle

Postby ss » Mon 10.09.2006 2:07 am

Trust that Zen is forever our wonderful Cap'n

|\
| O 敬禮 + 感謝 !
|'

-------------------------------
Question pertaining to ごろ and ぐらい

Thanks for the log.
Sorry I missed that part when Coco-san was explaining ごろ and ぐらい.
I spotted 3 questions here from 2004 paper and got the 3rd one wrong, why was the answer ぐらい and not ごろ since it was time-related stuff ?
Thanks in advance.

(1) 
あたしの パーテイーに 50人____きます   
(1)ごろ (2)ながら (3)ぐらい   (4)にも ....... ans (3)

(2)
けさは 七時___おきました。
(1)ぐらい (2)では (3)など (4)ごろ ............ ans (4)

(3) 
わたしは ゆうべ 八時間___ねました。
(1)など (2)ぐらい (3)ごろ (4)しか ............ ans (2)
Last edited by ss on Mon 10.09.2006 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby tanuki » Mon 10.09.2006 2:37 pm

zengargoyle wrote:
i'll try and set up the room whenever there's a chance of a meeting... only because it seems that Pandion doesn't fully support the room configuration... if you use Gaim, or probably Psi then the room configuration should have an 'enable logging' option, maybe Pandion will update someday and properly fetch the configuration properties from the server instead of just relying on the standard properties.

There's actually something I noticed:

Remember the time you helped me set up the room because I couldn't find the "enable logging" option? Now when I create a room the option is there! After you helped me with that room, now I can see the option and enable it in new rooms created by me (now, I don't know if it really works...). Did you change something with that?

-----

SS wrote:
わたしは ゆうべ 八時間___ねました。
(1)など (2)ぐらい (3)ごろ (4)しか ............ ans (2)

This is how I understand it:

Both ごろ and ぐらい can be used with time-related stuff. However, their meaning is different.

ぐらい is used with a certain span of time to mean that something lasts "for about xxx minutes/hours/days/years/....".

ごろ is used with a specific point in time (not a span) to mean that something happens "around that time". Around year 2004, around 7 o' clock....

Now, the sentence:

わたしは ゆうべ 八時間ぐらいねました。

That means that the person slept for about 8 hours. It is a time span, so it must use ぐらい.

ごろ would be used if the person was saying something like "Last night I went to bed at around 8 o' clock", because 8 o' clock is a specific point in time.

(Sorry if I used crappy English grammar.)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby ss » Tue 10.10.2006 2:46 am

Explicación explícita ! Thanks 狸さん ...
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby zengargoyle » Tue 10.10.2006 3:51 am

tanuki wrote:

Remember the time you helped me set up the room because I couldn't find the "enable logging" option? Now when I create a room the option is there! After you helped me with that room, now I can see the option and enable it in new rooms created by me (now, I don't know if it really works...). Did you change something with that?

nothing that i can think of... the server has been restarted since then, maybe that did somthing for Pandion. the chat server is very very very dynamic compared to normal software, i added the logging function while the server was running. in fact, the server (and it's base language Erlang) is designed to allow code upgrade/changes while the server is running without disconnecting anybody or restarting of the server software.... i sorta guess that Pandion and some other clients may not be 'hip' to the idea that the room properties can change each time a room is created, and new funtionality may just appear like magic out of nowhere. maybe the restart triggered Pandion to re-think it's idea of room properties.. really, i haven't a clue :) otherwise, i haven't done anything special that would have caused the option for logging to suddenly appear, as far as i know, it should have appeared as soon as i activated the logging module (and it did with Gaim)... but i have little patience for messing with things on the MicroSloth side of the world :)

if anybody wants to search around, the Google based lib-jingle based VoIP applications should also work with the server. at the moment i think the choice of clients is limited, but there are a few Jabber/XMPP Windows/MacOS/Linux clients out there that support the GoogleTalk API, and if both sides are using a client with VoIP support, then you should be able to start voice chats through our chat server... so, if anybody is suitably 'geeky', please try new things on the chat server, pretty much anything that is XMPP/Jabber based *should* work.....
zengargoyle

Postby Txkun » Thu 10.12.2006 1:52 am

Hi to all! :)
Who's up for a meeting on the coming sunday (15) Same hour, same place?
Last time, cocosan rightly said that maybe we need a little preparation before chatting. To know what to do next after completing a topic. If someone is interested why don't you put here what you'll like to review?

See you!
Txkun

Postby caroline » Thu 10.12.2006 6:59 am

hello!
ok for next sunday, same time
though I don't have any strong feeling,
what about the differences between
東京 に 行った こと が あります
東京 に 住む こと ができません
土曜日に
caroline

Native language: Français

Postby tanuki » Fri 10.13.2006 11:50 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll be there this Sunday.

Caroline-san, do you mean the different uses of こと or the uses of に?
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test