Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby datdo » Thu 09.07.2006 10:26 pm

wonder where u would find it...
datdo

Postby Hatori » Thu 09.07.2006 10:58 pm

datdo wrote:
wonder where u would find it...

yeah... that's what i thought too. but, i bet there must be something on an official website or on youtube.. :)
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 09.07.2006 11:44 pm

Hatori wrote:
oh yeah, i heard that the NGE ppl made another two episodes after the last episode there is. but it sucked so much, that they didn't put it in the real series. just a cool fact to know.

you might want to check up on wikipedia about that. as i understand things, they had problems with funding, the fight with the 4th child was a bit extreem for one of their sponsors (Sony i think) and then they didn't really have the money to do the final 2 episodes (25,26) like they wanted so they put out crap with what funds they had left. then later on, the two OVAs they produced were sorta supposed to be the final two episodes as they originally intended (plus plenty of flashback scenes). so i think, to get the original intent.... watch the first 24 episodes of the series, then watch the two OVAs and forget about eps. 25,26 of the TV series. they were junk.

on another note, i haven't checked all of the info yet, but i think there is another Evangelion movie in the works just announced sometime in the past week....

edit
4 new Evangelion movies..
Last edited by zengargoyle on Thu 09.07.2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zengargoyle

Postby rborc415 » Fri 09.08.2006 12:46 pm

neo2407 wrote:
Sachi wrote:
As for the symbolism, I'm not sure what I think about it.

BTW before I start I know the rules say no religious disscusion but I need to mention a few things to explain the possible symbolism of NGE.

I think it's something to do with christanity (or one of the off-shot religions). I mean look at the series, the Angels, Evangelion (Evangelical), the crucifixion of EVA unit 1 in NGE: End of Evangelion, and Adam.

It's been a little while since I saw the whole series so I can remember everything.

And I'm sorry for mentioning religion but I kind of had to.

There seems to be a fixation in certain anime series with certain elements of Christianity used symbolically, and most of the time the symbolism points to something evil. NGE certainly has its share, as does also for example Full Metal Alchemist (Father Cornello).
Not quite sure what they're getting at with it, but there seems to be a consistency to it.
ロバート
rborc415

Postby Sunken » Fri 09.08.2006 1:13 pm

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find so many NGE nuts on a page such as this :) (Me? Guilty as charged!)

The talk about gay characters got me thinking about that hilarious audio special where all the cast talk about where to go with the series next and read "fan mail" and come up with one stupid scheme after another... did you hear it?
Sunken

Postby Hatori » Sun 09.10.2006 12:47 am

Sunken wrote:
The talk about gay characters got me thinking about that hilarious audio special where all the cast talk about where to go with the series next and read "fan mail" and come up with one stupid scheme after another... did you hear it?

this, i've got to hear. is it like the different audio stuff you can change on the movies and stuff? once Cobra did that, and the commentary of the English Voice Actors were so funny, she told me. XD ^_^ they were like making fun of the whole thing of NGE and the movies and stuff. lol... i want to watch with the commentary right now. but i don't feel like watching it and it's late. oh well, some other night. :D
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby datdo » Mon 09.11.2006 11:52 pm

zengargoyle wrote:
4 new Evangelion movies..

wow and I only thought they were going to make one...albeit a really long one
datdo

Postby Shigeru » Wed 09.13.2006 7:55 am

A new NGE movie? wow :o Interesting

To Hatori, please I don't have any problem with the pink color. I never have the intention of bother you. :)
Shigeru

Postby datdo » Thu 09.14.2006 3:46 pm

o wait is this 4 new live action movies or 4 animated movies in addition to the live action thats suppose to be in production?
datdo

Postby Shigeru » Fri 10.13.2006 7:35 am

Speaking about NGE, here in my city is a animation cycle of the serie, I missed the first five chapter but is something very nice to see again the serie in a cinema screen :D, plus in japanese with subtitles.
Plus yesterday was presentd a book about anime and the influence in the occidental culture, and one of the series analyzed is NGE. :p B)
Shigeru

Postby neo2407 » Fri 10.13.2006 9:16 pm

Shigeru wrote:
Plus yesterday was presentd a book about anime and the influence in the occidental culture, and one of the series analyzed is NGE. :p B)

If you want to learn more about the series watch the movies that have already been released (Death and Rebirth, The End of Evangelion) with the audio commentary. It has Amanda Winn Lee (English Language Director and the Voice of Ayanami Rei in the English dub), Jason C. Lee and Talieson Jaffe.
Talieson tells you alot about where stuff in the series came from and it's hillarious, they are really funny. When Kaji gets shot they say "Oh my God! They shot Kaji! You ********!" Like in South Park. It's so sudden and unexpected, I was rolling around on the floor for about 10 minutes.
They also point out a ton of stuff that I never noticed before and I had seen them several times before listening to the commentry. Like in the parking lot in The End of Evangelion, there's a sign with 667 on it...the neighbour of the beast (666 being the sign of the beast/devil, just incase you didn't know).

It really is surprising how much stuff Anno Hideki was able to fit in to it.
neo2407

Postby Mr Hensha » Fri 10.13.2006 10:51 pm

Yeah, NGE's pretty cool.

(Oh man, I can feel the obsession coming back and flowing through my veins, curling my blood and... OMGMUSTWATCHENTIRESERIESNONSTOPFORTHE50THTIME)
AAWEEEAA!! この世界は私達の世界〜SOHL
ミヤビです!
Mr Hensha

Postby Hatori » Sun 10.15.2006 5:43 pm

hey ya everybody! wow! i havn't been here for a while!

recently i decided to watch the end of evangelion. it made me cry. it was sad, but it made me think A LOT. i thought was funny when it showed misato's feet when she was having sex. XDDDDD
hmm... i'm going to try and get Cobra to re-watch the series with me soon and re-read the books!!
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby datdo » Fri 11.03.2006 9:57 pm

one of the great things about NGE is how it has an amazing rewatch value. You can watch it over and over again...
datdo

Postby Shigeru » Sun 11.05.2006 4:42 pm

It is true, yesterday I finish to watch a NGE cycle in the cinema and always is something new to discovery. B)
Shigeru

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions