Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT in New York

JLPT in New York

The test - experiences, questions or comments

JLPT in New York

Postby Schattenjedi » Wed 10.25.2006 11:33 pm

So, anyone from here going to be taking the JLPT in New York this December? If so, what level? I'll be showing up to fail 2kyuu. :| If anyone wants to have a beer after the test, I'd be up for it. It's too bad they don't have a test center in Boston. I'm coming all the way from Massachusetts. :@
Schattenjedi

RE: JLPT in New York

Postby KNH » Thu 10.26.2006 7:44 pm

I'll be taking the JLPT in New York. I'll be taking 3kyuu as you know, and you'll do fine, schattenjedi-san! Incidentally, I'll be 21 on test day, so I might take you up on that offer, haha! 頑張りましょうよ。
KNH

Postby flammable hippo » Thu 10.26.2006 8:10 pm

Hey, I'll be in NY takin 3kyuu as well. I might see you there Saiaku...but then again I have no idea what you look like :o
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

Postby Sachi » Thu 10.26.2006 8:13 pm

I also want to take the KLPT 4kyuu in NY, but I doubt I'll be able to this year :( I wish they had a location in Boston, too. That way, I wouldn't have to miss much school or anything, and my paents might actually be up for it.
Sachi

Postby KNH » Thu 10.26.2006 8:18 pm

flammable hippo wrote: Hey, I'll be in NY takin 3kyuu as well. I might see you there Saiaku...but then again I have no idea what you look like
Ah, that's easy. Just look for the 黒人, and it'll most likely be me. :D

Sachi wrote I also want to take the KLPT 4kyuu in NY, but I doubt I'll be able to this year I wish they had a location in Boston, too. That way, I wouldn't have to miss much school or anything, and my paents might actually be up for it.
それは本当に残念ですね、sachiさん。 There's always next year!
KNH

Postby flammable hippo » Thu 10.26.2006 8:27 pm

Saiaku_Akuma wrote:
flammable hippo wrote: Hey, I'll be in NY takin 3kyuu as well. I might see you there Saiaku...but then again I have no idea what you look like

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. I'll be the really tall one who will hover over almost every one else. :). Don't let my appearance fool you, I'm only 15 lol. See you there and good luck! がんばって下さい!
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby Sachi » Thu 10.26.2006 8:36 pm

Saiaku_Akuma wrote:

Sachi wrote I also want to take the KLPT 4kyuu in NY, but I doubt I'll be able to this year I wish they had a location in Boston, too. That way, I wouldn't have to miss much school or anything, and my paents might actually be up for it.
それは本当に残念ですね、sachiさん。 There's always next year!

Thanks :) And you're right--even though that's what I said last year... :o :D Heheh, I might be able to convince them before it's too late, though ;)
Sachi

Postby flammable hippo » Thu 10.26.2006 8:55 pm

But isn't the registration period over? I don't think you can go unless you signed up already Sachi-san.

flammable hippo

Postby Dehitay » Thu 10.26.2006 9:05 pm

Instant Jealousy!
I live in Lubbock, TX which was conveniently designed to be half the country away from any of the JLPT test locations. Of course, it doesn't really help that all test locations are pretty much near the coast and Lubbock is in the center of the nation. But that won't stop me from blaming all of you for my troubles!
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby Sachi » Thu 10.26.2006 9:10 pm

flammable hippo wrote:
But isn't the registration period over? I don't think you can go unless you signed up already Sachi-san.

Really? Dang >< Thanks for the heads up ^^;
Sachi

Postby KNH » Thu 10.26.2006 9:42 pm

Yeah, Sachi-san, registration ended October 6th. Gomen!
KNH

Postby datdo » Thu 10.26.2006 9:47 pm

Saiaku_Akuma wrote:

umm...you're not the only black person though I just turned 16 so it'll be easy to tell us apart from the like 250 other ppl there. Oh and I'll be taking 4kyuu.
Last edited by datdo on Thu 10.26.2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
datdo

Postby tokidoki » Fri 11.17.2006 8:00 pm

I'll be there too, taking 4 kyuu. Thankfully it's just a short train ride from NJ :D

I'll be the one who's at least twice as old as everyone else :o :o :o

gambatte ne!
tokidoki

Postby punkgrl326 » Fri 11.17.2006 9:39 pm

Am I the only one here who actually lives in NY? Anyway, I'll probably be taking the 4kyuu JLPT sometime next year.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby datdo » Sat 11.18.2006 1:04 am

ew who lives in NY other than relatives of ppl who live in jersey? also I was wondering how many black people there would be all together...
datdo

Next

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test