Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - the Teen Titans rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Teen Titans rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: the Teen Titans rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby punkgrl326 » Tue 10.31.2006 9:53 pm

mangamanzero wrote:
im confused now. i LOVE manga but u guys are all sayin' this aint manga and that aint manga I MEAN, LOOK AT MY NAME!!!!!! someone show me REAL manga then. plz.. soo confused *in a daze*

Real manga is pretty much any comic that came from Japan. If it's not from Japan, it's not really manga. The style doesn't really matter, as long is it's from Japan it's manga.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby ashitaka » Wed 11.01.2006 1:14 am

I've never heard of it before, if it was on during my childhood then maybe i would have. I know of the DC charecters it is based off of though.
Wow this is an old thread..........Spaztik posted in it! Spaz if you happen to read this, COME BACK TO US!!!!!!!!!!
ashitaka

Postby Fukumori » Wed 11.01.2006 1:52 am

Teen titans is just a crappy pseudo-japanese style animation.

At least it's better than "Totally Spies"...now THAT show rips the good anime name to SHREDS. T_T

(Team Galaxy is slightly better.)
ぜったい森をまもって!
Fukumori

Postby punkgrl326 » Wed 11.01.2006 4:10 pm

Or Martin Mystery. I have a feeling it was made by the same people that created Totally Spies.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 11.01.2006 4:22 pm

mangamanzero wrote:
im confused now. i LOVE manga but u guys are all sayin' this aint manga and that aint manga I MEAN, LOOK AT MY NAME!!!!!! someone show me REAL manga then. plz.. soo confused *in a daze*

here is a basic definition of manga..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga

the rest of the people that say one for is manga and one form is not manga are just making seperations based upon their own personal bias.

I hope that helps.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Kuraara » Sat 11.11.2006 5:33 pm

*points at avi* Go Teen Titans! My favorite characters are Terra, Slade, Raven, and Beast Boy. All at a very close tie that I can't tell whose winning. I was so excited when the movie came out, and I read somewhere that they're coming out with another that I'm excited for.
[center]Image[/center]
Kuraara

Postby punkgrl326 » Sat 11.11.2006 5:43 pm

You mean Teen Titans in Tokyo or is there another one coming out? I thought they were cancelling Teen Titans:
http://www.titanstower.com/source/animated/saveseason6.html

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby Kuraara » Sat 11.11.2006 5:53 pm

punkgrl326 wrote:
You mean Teen Titans in Tokyo or is there another one coming out? I thought they were cancelling Teen Titans:
http://www.titanstower.com/source/animated/saveseason6.html

The show was discontinued, not canceled. My sister also pointed out to me that movies aren't quite part of a series. Trouble in Tokyo was one. I was reading a page on Terra on Wikipedia and the last paragraph mentioned a second move called The Judas Contract coming out in 2007. It could be my mistake, but my friend read it to and we both got the same idea. Although they used a number of big words. She thought it was going to be non-animated, when in truth it will be animated, to our understanding. We both had to read the quote a second time to come to that conclusion.
Last edited by Kuraara on Sat 11.11.2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
Kuraara

Postby punkgrl326 » Sat 11.25.2006 10:45 pm

I guess that slade avatar isn't just for show. You sure do know a lot about Teen Tians, huh? ;)

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby mamba » Sat 11.25.2006 11:32 pm

South Park can pull off a more authentic "anime" look than Teen Titans, even that Nicklodean show with the air bender and the elements and stuff, looks way better than Teen Titans. But <3 for PuffyAmiYumi, like them a lot.
mamba

Previous

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions