Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - omg -_-" NEW AVVY :)

omg -_-" NEW AVVY :)

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: omg -_-" NEW AVVY :)

Postby datdo » Wed 11.15.2006 12:31 am

chikara wrote:
Maybe there is a god :o

well....according to Haruhism....[religion = bad thing to talk about on the forums]

which reminds me of video that I'll link once I find it....
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URsqTsMfNqY]
found it[/url]
Last edited by datdo on Wed 11.15.2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
datdo

Postby kanadajin » Wed 11.15.2006 9:00 am

LOL, not really with all the grey hair. My hair started going grey when I was about 35.

Now your new AVVY is cool, but I admit I liked your old one better. I knew exactly who was posting when I saw ur old AVVY. There is only one Kanadajin!

yeah well, I can't change it anymore, because somehow it was bigger than it should have been.
kanadajin

Postby Chris Hart » Wed 11.15.2006 11:06 am

datdo wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA why is everyone changing their avatar when I just got one? Is it me? What? What? *smells armpits* ....racists...*jk*

I must agree. I recognize other users quicker by their avatar, than their username. Then, when people change their avatar significantly, I don't recognize them anymore. As far as my mind is concerned, you become a new user.

Clay -
Can there be a date tied to when the avatar was last changed?
-.. .   -.- -.-. ---.. ..- ..-. ...-

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Chris Hart

Postby ashitaka » Wed 11.15.2006 11:07 am

Why are we all changing avatars? Oh well punkgrl326 hasn't changed hers yet.

This is weired i used to know everyone by their avatar now, well i still do but it's different. :(
ashitaka

Postby kanadajin » Wed 11.15.2006 3:05 pm

This is weired i used to know everyone by their avatar now, well i still do but it's different.

be the change that you want in the world. If you don't want people to change their avvy's, why did you change yours?
kanadajin

Postby OKSARAHx » Wed 11.15.2006 11:07 pm

Haha.
OKSARAHx

Postby mangamanzero » Wed 11.15.2006 11:13 pm

haha? thats all you have to say?

im surprised noone said anything about my love (obsession) for punkgrl though...

youll never be able to recognise me by my avy because if you didnt notice i change it frequently every day
i'm MegaMangaMan's brother
(he's not cool though)
mangamanzero

Postby datdo » Thu 11.16.2006 12:27 am

Disclaimer:This post was totally in jest and anyone can post something in retaliation against me.

......omg its another *plague* user....I haven't seen the last one in a while but I think this one is here to stay....

You find me offensive? I find you offensive for finding me offensive. Hence when should I come to my senses. Maybe the day mike comes to my defenses. And my spidersense is telling me spin13 is nearby and my plan is to get him next. Gd it Pu, wheres the Gd beat. Anyway anyway I don't know how else to put it. Hes the bad guy, Kryptonite, the Green Cronic. Demonic yep yep don't worry I'm on it. High five K-Fed stuck a pen in Brittany's head and walked away....and I don't even have to make sense I just did a whole song and didn't say gif.
cuz I aint got no heads
or no grammar
nice to meat u
hi my name is....
I forgot my name
my name was not to be called what it became with this level of fame. My soul was possessed by this devil my new name is...クレイ...
edited eminem lyrics....
Last edited by datdo on Thu 11.16.2006 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
datdo

Postby ashitaka » Thu 11.16.2006 1:03 am

kanadajin wrote:

This is weired i used to know everyone by their avatar now, well i still do but it's different.

be the change that you want in the world. If you don't want people to change their avvy's, why did you change yours?

Because I just felt like joining the crowd, this is my 3rd avatar but the last one was a pickture of my K9 companion i put up as a temporary one. This cookie one is also temporary, maybe.

EDIT:
changed fwlt to felt, hey im useing a qwerty keyboard they are right next to eachother. see just look at qwerty
Last edited by ashitaka on Thu 11.16.2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashitaka

Postby Infidel » Thu 11.16.2006 4:15 pm

keatonatron wrote:
Infidel wrote:
actually you can change any image size with any half decent image editor, like GIMP.

You can even do it with MS Paint! There's a stretch function; just stretch it to 50% horizontally then 50% vertically (or however small you want it).

Yea, but the paint one sucks. It's percentage based, so I can't tell it to just scale to 100x100px and be done with it.

Ok, I caved in to peer pressure and got a new avatar too, since I couldn't recognize anyone else's. It's payback time, now no one can recognize my avatar either.

Mine is not based on a manga or anime, or even Japanese movies, so THERE! It's an AMERICAN comic, all the way.
(cough) of course it's based on manga, anime, and Japanese movies, and the artistic influence of the above is rather obvious.

Once everone's done changing their avatar, I hope people stick with them for at least a year before changing again. I scroll up and down these pages and stop to read based on who's avatar I'm looking at.
Last edited by Infidel on Thu 11.16.2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby richvh » Thu 11.16.2006 4:17 pm

Oh no! Infidel's been turned into Tohya Miho! The darkly cute one will eat your soul.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby punkgrl326 » Thu 11.16.2006 4:17 pm

Wow, now Infidel has a new avy. Am I the only one who hasn't changed their avy yet?
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby richvh » Thu 11.16.2006 4:18 pm

I've had the same avatar since I joined the forum.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Infidel » Thu 11.16.2006 4:23 pm

heh, I just spent the last two days reading through the entire comic series at http://www.megatokyo.com. Miho is the best character, followed very closely by Piro. It was all because I downloaded the widget for the megatokyo comic and wanted to see how the story got where it was.

No avatar doesn't count as an avatar. :P
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby richvh » Thu 11.16.2006 4:35 pm

No avatar doesn't count as an avatar.

It's still the same as when I joined. It's also the same as what I use at the Megatokyo forums. My signature, though, has changed from time to time.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic