Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Friends

Friends

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Friends

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Sat 11.11.2006 11:22 pm

On a scale of 1-10 (japanese scale) she is probbably a 8.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby arbalest71 » Sun 11.12.2006 12:15 am

Mike Cash wrote:
No, I just think it ill becomes us to belittle her best effort.

Hmm. It's one thing, I think, to belittle her best effort because it is wrong. It's another to find it amusing because it is, well, an irretrievably amusing mistake (kind of cute at that, almost conveniently so...). To paraphrase a great internet sage, I laughed when I first saw that, I meant it, and I won't insult anyone's intelligence by claiming otherwise. That said, assuming that the person in that picture is the person quoted (and I have my doubts, old and wily as I am, in Internet years at least), I'm not belittling her. Utmost props for exposing her not quite perfect, but surely hard-won, English to the slings and arrows of outrageous gaijin. I've made much more amusing slips, both of the tongue and of the IME, in Japanese, and I will again.

But, speaking of Friends, did you catch the girl who was on a few days ago with the sort of curly hair down around her face? Errm- I agree that the girl you mention is cute, but that girl was just really amazing. I'm not an Asian fetishist, at least not in that sense (the best that could be said is that I am omnivorous when it comes to my taste in women), but she was almost enough to make me reconsider.
arbalest71

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 11.12.2006 12:20 am

I think its ok to laugh at funny sounding English as long as your not making fun of the person. I've been laughed at for funny sounding Japanese even by my teacher and she wasn't laughing at me but what I said and when I realized what it was, I joined in the laughter. It's good to laugh sometimes.

Btw, what had happened was I tried to say "I think I passed my finals because they were pretty easy" but I wound up saying "I think I passed my finals because I am a bag". Now I'll never confuse 簡単 with かばん again :D.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 11.13.2006 10:58 am

Mike Cash wrote:
I merely wish to go on record saying that Ma120 is a cutie-pie.

noted .. just another pic..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby kohyin » Tue 11.14.2006 2:46 am

Aha! So, this is the background of me being asked if my avator was real me?!
I am slowly catching up with the long history of this forum...

Laugh away! My best friend laughs at my Janglish -- she thinks my Japanese expressions get mixed up with my little knowledge of English, and she finds it very ammusing. Hey, I am happy if I can cause someone to laugh. Laughter is a key to a healthy life. :D
Last edited by kohyin on Tue 11.14.2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
緑@光陰
http://www.kohyin.com
署l署F、皆仲良くしましょう。
kohyin

Postby arbalest71 » Thu 11.16.2006 12:54 am

kohyin wrote:

So _is_ your avatar you (some of us missed that thread)? If so, hubba-hubba. No offense intended ;).

EDIT: If not. stop teasing ;). I'll always see you that way...
Last edited by arbalest71 on Thu 11.16.2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbalest71

Postby ashitaka » Thu 11.16.2006 1:08 am

AJBryant wrote:
I merely wish to go on record saying that Ma120 is a cutie-pie.

I believe "hubba hubba" is a phrase suitable to the occasion.

I have to admit I sometimes wonder if the people in the ads are *real* people in the program... Cause I'm all lonely and well.... y'know.

Tony

Bad 16th century samurai, bad!
I would never have imagined you saying something like "hubba hubba" well mayber "fubba fubba"

Hey girls love people from different centuries, and beign an author should get you some credit aswell.
ashitaka

Postby kohyin » Thu 11.16.2006 1:20 am

kohyin wrote:

So _is_ your avatar you (some of us missed that thread)? If so, hubba-hubba. No offense intended .

EDIT: If not. stop teasing . I'll always see you that way...

Well, Arbalest71, it's lucky for you that you cannot see the wrinkles on that tiny picture... you won't be saying hubba-hubba if you saw the wrinkles. B)

Ashitaka, I liked your previous avator better. You were deffinitely sexier then... ;)
緑@光陰
http://www.kohyin.com
署l署F、皆仲良くしましょう。
kohyin

Postby arbalest71 » Thu 11.16.2006 1:27 am

I made the mistake of making my picture public once, online. I immediately got swarmed by a fairly frightening contingent of online high school girls. I am still a bit scared.

I also have several rather firm invitations in Tokyo, as a result, so... The funny thing isd that I'm not all that good looking, really.
arbalest71

Postby arbalest71 » Thu 11.16.2006 1:31 am

kohyin wrote:
kohyin wrote:

So _is_ your avatar you (some of us missed that thread)? If so, hubba-hubba. No offense intended .

EDIT: If not. stop teasing . I'll always see you that way...

Well, Arbalest71, it's lucky for you that you cannot see the wrinkles on that tiny picture... you won't be saying hubba-hubba if you saw the wrinkles. B)

Ashitaka, I liked your previous avator better. You were deffinitely sexier then... ;)

eee, you underestimate me. Your picture not only displays beauty, it shows character. I'm old enough to care more about the latter than the former. Hubba ;)
arbalest71

Previous

Return to General off topic