Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Need a Title for My Manga!

Need a Title for My Manga!

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Need a Title for My Manga!

Postby HirokoYamamoto » Fri 07.08.2005 12:22 am

I am attempting to write one as of right now, but I haven't gotten very far, just two pages. But I have the main story plot out already.

It is about a girl named Alana who is a really powerful kistune-yasha. She tries to enter a tournament, but they will not let her, because she is a girl. So she decides to disguise herself as a guy named Alan. She wins, and "Alan" is hired as a demon officer for ninjen-kai. "He" only works the night shift, so techinically Alana is a ninjen girl by day, cross-dressing fox demon by night. It is a working process with no title yet, but I am getting there.

Tell me what you think! If I get a chance, I will try to draw it on my computer, though I am not good with that yet...
Mata ne!
*~Hiroko~*
Konnichi wa!
I am from Amerika, I want to be an English Teacher in Japan. (^_^)
HirokoYamamoto

RE: Need a Title for My Manga!

Postby jinksys » Fri 07.08.2005 5:33 pm

Cross Dressing Fox Demon?
Kinda like a mix of Mrs Doubtfire and Shippou.....
how about....

Mrs FoxFire!
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Postby MenomaMinx » Sun 07.10.2005 6:43 am

"evil kitty"

it's a take on how most foreigners mispronounce きつね as kit-su-ne the first time they see it because of the romanization.

Now you may be thinking this doesn't exactly fit the theme of your comic, but remember that one of the more popular comic book trade magazines is called "baseball". No reason, it's just called "baseball". I remember Wizard magazine {an American comic book trade magazine for laypeople} talking about this phenomenon years ago. They said that it wasn't completely uncommon to see something named one thing and be something totally different in Japan if the name had a foreign origin.

Given that,a book called evil kitty about a non evil fox would fit right in :-)
Click below daily or a bunch of starving people will come to your house to eat you!(Either way, problem solved :-)
http://www.quickdonations.com/ http://www.donationjunction.com
MenomaMinx

Postby Midori_Happy » Sun 07.10.2005 3:55 pm

I like the idea, I will read it after your publish it. Anyway, I'm not too good at coming up with titles, but I am going to try. Eep, nothing. The Evil Kitty idea sounds cute and neat. Wait, if you dare to read some sudden ideas.

Battle Fox
Midnight Fox
Kitsune

I gave it a shot, at least. Well, have fun making it because the idea is really good. Foxes rule so much! :)

PS I have a friend named Hiroko.
No signature of this time.
Midori_Happy

Postby Datadog » Wed 07.13.2005 11:42 pm

Alanayasha!

I think it has a nice ring to it if you can get the world to forget about Inuyasha.
Don't put the baby in the bulldozer.
Datadog

Postby HirokoYamamoto » Thu 07.28.2005 12:16 pm

Thanks guys! I ended up changing the characters name, her name is Naruka. Her masculine name is Naruko. It turns out she wins second place to a guy named Kiyo Minagashi. Both of them go to work in the human world, where she develops a crush on him, and he goes to her human school and falls in love with her female form. He later finds out that they are one in the same, because of a scar he give to Naruko, and sees in on Naruka. Then it goes on... no idea for the next few chapters.

I like the Evil Kitty title! Thanks a lot Menoma Minx!

Mata ne!
Hiroko
Konnichi wa!
I am from Amerika, I want to be an English Teacher in Japan. (^_^)
HirokoYamamoto

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions