Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT 正しい 正しくない

JLPT 正しい 正しくない

The test - experiences, questions or comments

JLPT 正しい 正しくない

Postby roomwithamoose » Wed 11.15.2006 9:11 pm

Hello!

I noticed that on the JLPT there is a row for both 正しい and 正しくない, is there always only one correct answer to every questions or can there sometimes be more?

Thanks.
roomwithamoose

RE: JLPT 正しい 正しくない

Postby keatonatron » Wed 11.15.2006 10:31 pm

There is always only 1 correct answer. For most of it you just choose the one that is correct, but for the listening-only section you have to mark 1 correct answer and 3 incorrect answers for each question. I think it's so you can do a process of elimination as you are listening.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby tanuki » Wed 11.15.2006 10:35 pm

Is it totally required that you mark the incorrect ones?
Just out of curiosity.
Last edited by tanuki on Wed 11.15.2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Wed 11.15.2006 10:55 pm

Yes.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Postby hungryhotei » Thu 11.16.2006 6:58 am

This part is only in Listening II where each answer is read out one after another. If you only had to mark one answer in this section you would be able to tell when everybody else in the room is marking their answer - and therefore how they are answering. This means that you would essentially be able to cheat.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Postby keatonatron » Thu 11.16.2006 8:08 am

hungryhotei wrote:
This part is only in Listening II where each answer is read out one after another. If you only had to mark one answer in this section you would be able to tell when everybody else in the room is marking their answer - and therefore how they are answering. This means that you would essentially be able to cheat.

Ahhhhh, that makes a lot of sense. I hadn't realized why they do it that way.
keatonatron

Postby paul_b » Thu 11.16.2006 8:12 am

hungryhotei wrote:
If you only had to mark one answer in this section you would be able to tell when everybody else in the room is marking their answer - and therefore how they are answering. This means that you would essentially be able to cheat.

Given the big failure rate copying somebody else's answers isn't a great plan.
paul_b

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Thu 11.16.2006 9:01 am

When I took the test, it didn't seem like copying was a big problem -- however, a number of people were opening their tests before the start time.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Postby keatonatron » Thu 11.16.2006 10:31 am

I must admit, taking the test was scary. It was run by a bunch of sweet old ladies, but if your cellphone rings they can turn nasty real quick. I was petrified to move, but it was kinda funny watching other people get kicked out. Apparently they have hundreds of people get disqualified each year from their cell phones making noise.

This one kid had a real tough attitude, and looked at his test before he was supposed to. The proctor told him to leave, and he wouldn't do it, so she had to call for backup. That was exciting.
keatonatron

Postby Schattenjedi » Thu 11.16.2006 12:19 pm

keatonatron wrote:
I must admit, taking the test was scary. It was run by a bunch of sweet old ladies, but if your cellphone rings they can turn nasty real quick. I was petrified to move, but it was kinda funny watching other people get kicked out. Apparently they have hundreds of people get disqualified each year from their cell phones making noise.

This one kid had a real tough attitude, and looked at his test before he was supposed to. The proctor told him to leave, and he wouldn't do it, so she had to call for backup. That was exciting.

Scary indeed. That's a little more excitement than I want at a test which is important for my future.
Schattenjedi

Postby chchan45 » Mon 11.20.2006 3:41 pm

keatonatron wrote:

I took the JLPT 3 years ago. At the entrance to the hall there was a sign telling you to switch your mobile phone off if you had one. When we were in but before the examination started, the invigilator reminded us if we had switched off our phones yet.

At the cover page of the questions, there was a note asking you not to open it until instructed.

If you cannot follow these repeated instructions and warnings, I think this is a reason per se for them to fail you. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Last edited by chchan45 on Mon 11.20.2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reading 李香蘭 私の半生

Please note that:
1. English is not my first language.
2. I am not Japanese. I am prone to making mistakes so please point them out if you see any.
chchan45

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Mon 11.20.2006 10:45 pm

keatonatron wrote:

I hope that proves that Idiots exist everywhere.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby flammable hippo » Mon 11.20.2006 10:51 pm

Is the JLPT curved? Or is your score completely individual?
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby Schattenjedi » Tue 11.21.2006 12:39 am

flammable hippo wrote:
Is the JLPT curved? Or is your score completely individual?

There is no curve.
Schattenjedi

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test