Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT 2006 - one week to go!

JLPT 2006 - one week to go!

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: JLPT 2006 - one week to go!

Postby richvh » Sat 12.02.2006 2:31 pm

日本語可博詞アを受ける皆さんへ

頑張ってください。
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby paul_b » Sat 12.02.2006 3:13 pm

richvh wrote:
日本語可博詞ア

なんだそれは?w

まあ、「日本語不可博詞ア」を受ける人の方がかわいそうだけど。
paul_b

Postby richvh » Sat 12.02.2006 3:28 pm

私は間違えましたか。(汗)

ええと、「日本語迫ヘ試験」は正しいですね。辞書などを使いませんでしたから。
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby coco » Sat 12.02.2006 7:50 pm

日本、オセアニア、東アジア在住の方は、もう会場に向かっている頃でしょうか。。。
ヨーロッパの方は、明日の試験に備えて眠りにつく頃かな…。
アメリカの方は、まだ復習する時間がありますね。
皆さん、うまくいきますように。 :)
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby tanuki » Sun 12.03.2006 6:29 pm

So, how did you do?

I was doing well until the listening comprehension began, especially mondai II. :|
Just let me tell you that I hated that girl that loved sports or food (I never found out which one it was hehe), her speech was huge and I understood like half of it.

Oh, well... I'm looking forward to getting the score.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Milmi » Sun 12.03.2006 7:04 pm

tanuki wrote:
So, how did you do?

I was doing well until the listening comprehension began, especially mondai II. :|
Just let me tell you that I hated that girl that loved sports or food (I never found out which one it was hehe), her speech was huge and I understood like half of it.

Oh, well... I'm looking forward to getting the score.
So you took the level 3? I found the listening comprehension surprisingly easy. But this is usually a very bad sign and I probably get maybe one right or so... Kanji and vocabulary part was too easy, too (at least the first two). What comes to the grammar part, I use my right to remain silent.

I've practised doing the old tests and I usually passed with 75-80 %, so I hope that would happen this also this time.
Kanjikaveri - Finnish site about Japan and Japanese
Milmi

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 7:09 pm

Level 3 was pretty easy in my opinion. It was easier than I thought it would be. I think I did well on the kanji/vocab and grammar/reading comprehension but the listening comprehension was definately where I did the worst.

PS-to Tanuki, for the girl who either liked friends who could talk about sports or food, I put food.
Last edited by flammable hippo on Sun 12.03.2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

Postby datdo » Sun 12.03.2006 7:41 pm

I took level 4. I think I passed but I don't think I broke 80%...I understood the listening better than usual but there were some that I got lost completely on...

It seemed like for 4級 this year's test was easier than many other years. A talked with some kids who were all in the same japanese class and they thought so too.

on another note: Happy birthday Saiaku_Akuma. I saw 3 other black people but I'm not sure if any of them were you...
datdo

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 7:46 pm

Oh yeah. I saw a bunch of black people at the test site but I wasn't sure which one would be you. (Frankly, I forgot if you're a guy or girl lol). Anyway, were you wearing a light blue shirt? Or were you sitting on the far left of the room? Or did you talk briefly to the guy on your right about how small the desks were? (because if you did that was me) If you answered yes to any of those questions I think I saw you.

And happy birthday. :D
Last edited by flammable hippo on Sun 12.03.2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby zengargoyle » Sun 12.03.2006 9:25 pm

aarrgghh, it was horrible. :)

i just barely finished the vocabulary section, and i found it really hard to read the font that the test used. then the listening part was just as horrible, they talked fast and long about boring stuff like charts and graphs.. ugh.

but then i found the grammar and reading section much easier and finished with 20 minutes to spare... by then i guess i just got used to the font and found it a bit easier to read. i would be suprised if i pass, but i'm somehow pretty sure the the little 11yr old kid next to me did fine. :)
zengargoyle

Postby tanuki » Sun 12.03.2006 9:27 pm

I took level 4, not level 3. The same food/sports girl was in level 3, too? The little "witch"!
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby hungryhotei » Sun 12.03.2006 9:29 pm

I'm fairly sure I passed 1Q. Although I did really badly on the 聴解 - I don't think I even got a passing mark in that section, I'm sure I did well enough on the 読解・文法 to make up for it. I finished that section with about 40 minutes left and was confident with all but a couple of the questions. It was a real contrast to the 2Q which had a really tight time limit. 文字・語彙 went OK, I think I probably got around 80% there, although it's hard to tell.

I was disappointed that the questions weren't very entertaining this year. Last year's 2Q had some great ones like a woman hearing 地図 as チーズ and so bringing some cheese along in the car instead of a map. And one of those guess the face type questions where they were asked "you didn't used to wear glasses, has you eyesight been getting worse?" "No, I'm just wearing them to look cool". Nothing that good this year. :(

It would be really nice if they could give us an answer sheet as we leave, like they do with the 漢検, but I guess we'll all just have to wait a few months. I hope everyone else did well.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 9:30 pm

tanuki wrote:
I took level 4, not level 3. The same food/sports girl was in level 3, too? The little "witch"!

well...I'm not sure if its the same girl. But this one girl was giving a speech and the question was on what kind of friends she likes. When the narrator gave the answers orally, one of them was a friend who could do sports, a friend who she can talk about food with, and two other things.

I wonder if she made it up to 2 kyuu as well. :o

flammable hippo

Postby tanuki » Sun 12.03.2006 9:32 pm

Hey! It's the exact same girl!

That's not fair, they put a level 3 girl in the level 4 test...

EDIT: By the way, didn't you also have a story about a town that got all nigiyaka but then all the young people left for a bigger town? If you did, then I probably got confused with the rooms (or you got confused and took the level 4 haha).
Last edited by tanuki on Sun 12.03.2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby KNH » Sun 12.03.2006 9:34 pm

Hippo-san, I think you're confusing datdo with me. I'm the one who was taking 3級, and it's my b-day today, lol. Which room were you in? I was in room 602.

I found the test pretty easy, but I had problems with 聴解問題II. I think I got about 5 or 6 right. I destroyed 文字・語彙 and 読解・文法, though. I cannot wait for my grade.
KNH

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test