Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT 3級

JLPT 3級

The test - experiences, questions or comments

JLPT 3級

Postby ojayc » Sun 12.03.2006 9:35 am

Hey guys! Just sat the test in Japan. Since the last 2 parts (reading comp) score the big points, Im just wondering how you answered. I believe in some parts of the world they are yet to sit the test so I understand if you want to wait to reply to this thread actually its probably for the best. I was fine with the guy wanting to rent an apartment but I found the section with the guy talking about the weather a wee bit tricky!!!

Anyway, lets wait until the test has been sat everywhere and then compare notes!!!

ojayc
ojayc

RE: JLPT 3級

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 10:35 am

I haven't taken the test yet, still have a few more hours to go *gasp*. But I think that they might give out different tests for different regions.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

Postby paul_b » Sun 12.03.2006 10:39 am

flammable hippo wrote:
But I think that they might give out different tests for different regions.

They don't.
paul_b

Postby keatonatron » Sun 12.03.2006 10:47 am

They don't. :D

Thanks for not ruining it for others Ojayc.

(Hippo, quick! Cram vocabulary having to do with the weather and apartments!!!)
keatonatron

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 10:50 am

keatonatron wrote:

Thanks for not ruining it for others Ojayc.

(Hippo, quick! Cram vocabulary having to do with the weather and apartments!!!)

AAH 曇り 雨 天気藍?B。。so much vocab so little time! :D
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby paul_b » Sun 12.03.2006 10:50 am

keatonatron wrote:

Thanks keatonatron for that useful information!

:) ;) :| :@
paul_b

Postby ojayc » Sun 12.03.2006 9:47 pm

So how about the last reading comp section? The 3 questions about the person talking about the weather. For the first one I anwered with windy days, then that this person liked rainy days because of the scenery and lastly that they couldnt decide which days were better (number 3 from memory)
ojayc

Postby ojayc » Sun 12.03.2006 9:47 pm

So how about the last reading comp section? The 3 questions about the person talking about the weather. For the first one I anwered with windy days, then that this person liked rainy days because of the scenery and lastly that they couldnt decide which days were better (number 3 from memory.)

I found the listening pretty tough, anyone else?
ojayc

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 9:53 pm

The one about the weather was pretty easy. The first two questions I got with no problem but the third one was kind of tricky, I put choice 3.

I don't think it should have been windy days. It asked when it is considered bad weather in Japan (or something like that) and it specifically said rainy days. The person who supposedly wrote this little story said they didn't like windy days.

flammable hippo

Postby coco » Sun 12.03.2006 9:54 pm

paul_b wrote:
keatonatron wrote:

Thanks keatonatron for that useful information!

:) ;) :| :@

[+1 helpful post to Keat-san] :D
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 9:57 pm

Btw, how much of the 3rd section is the reading comprehension worth? Because there aren't many questions dealing with it (only about 7).

flammable hippo

Postby tanuki » Sun 12.03.2006 9:57 pm

Ah, so now it's Paul-san whom we shouldn't acknowledge? Can't you decide?

(You admins!)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby hungryhotei » Sun 12.03.2006 9:59 pm

flammable hippo wrote:
Btw, how much of the 3rd section is the reading comprehension worth? Because there aren't many questions dealing with it (only about 7).

I think that the reading questions are worth 5 points and the grammar ones 2 points. But shouldn't there be about 20 somehting reading questions?
Last edited by hungryhotei on Sun 12.03.2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Postby ojayc » Sun 12.03.2006 10:13 pm

Ahh that explains the whole "futsuu" thing in the first question got it. Yeah my answering sequence was 4,4 and 3 for the that last section.

The reading questions are worth 4 points.
ojayc

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 12.03.2006 10:17 pm

ojayc wrote:
Ahh that explains the whole "futsuu" thing in the first question got it. Yeah my answering sequence was 4,4 and 3 for the that last section.

The reading questions are worth 4 points.

I don't remember which number answer the first 2 were but I definately put 3 for question 3. Now I know I have a much better chance at getting that one right :D. Or at least that is what my reasoning tells me.

To Hungry Hotei: There should have been more reading questions but there were only two reading passages, the first had 4 questions and the second had 3.

Btw to Ojayc. On the first reading with the apartment, for one of the questions did you put "そうですか、高いですか。”?
Last edited by flammable hippo on Sun 12.03.2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flammable hippo

Next

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test