Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - ps3

ps3

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

RE: ps3

Postby mamba » Fri 11.17.2006 11:58 am

Sony is no different now. Some of their games (confirmed) are $70. Not only that, some of them are also incomplete (also confirmed) in which you have to buy extra content. Mind you this is different from Xbox's extra content download which you have to pay for, for instance extra suits and costumes, extra jerseys, etc.. These are extra content in which you have the option to buy, if not, your not really missing out on the actual game. Now in Sony's case, lets take GT4 HD for example, you have to buy cars and tracks. You cannot win races without buying new cars, you cannot progress the game without buying new tracks (with real money of course). So lets say you finished the whole GT4 HD game, all cars, all tracks - lets add up all the microtransactions, you basically payed $100+ for 1 game.
mamba

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 11.17.2006 12:14 pm

i believe as technology that the "pay to upgrade" thing will be more and more common. although being required to do so to beat a game is ludicrous, the fact that one could buy extra skins, suits, cars and such just for looks would be perfectly fine with me.. in otherwords, i don't mind the pay for download idea, just the fact that you are required to use it is what makes my blood boil
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Infidel » Fri 11.17.2006 9:04 pm

no, xbox doesn't charge for demo's. But the demos can be pretty lame and crappy.
i believe as technology that the "pay to upgrade" thing will be more and more common. although being required to do so to beat a game is ludicrous, the fact that one could buy extra skins, suits, cars and such just for looks would be perfectly fine with me.. in otherwords, i don't mind the pay for download idea, just the fact that you are required to use it is what makes my blood boil

The term is micropayments. Eventually every game will be like playing guantlet. The blue wizard is about to die, please insert coin. Yup, not only will you have to dodge arrows and such, but your life constantly tics downwards unless you pay to keep playing. I should become a seer.
Last edited by Infidel on Fri 11.17.2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Parks San » Wed 12.06.2006 7:18 pm

ashitaka wrote:
The PS3 is by far the best of the next gen concols....Only problem is it has a massive price tag.

Which is mainly do to the blueray player. Cheapest one on the market.
If you want to get it really cheap, get in a time machine and make sony change the 200GB blue ray disks to like the 360's 9GB hdtv dvd's.
Short list of the next gens good things,
PS3
Best graphics, most powerfull, 200GB game disks, SIXAXIS, HDTV, full Browser, Can run modern OS (Mac OS, Windows, linux.) Playback compatable, quiet
Wii
Full motion sensor, playback, Awome controller's, small, WIIconnect24, quiet
um..... ok so it can't really compete with wii or ps3 when they come out in USA, its just cheap and has great games. graphics are tied with the wii, power is slightly better that wii but no where near the ps3.

So probably get the wii untill sony can make blueray thngs cheaper.

But really would you rather play a 200GB or 9GB game? think about it you can fit about 25 360 games on one ps3 disk. and the 360 is no where near the PS3's power.

Okay first of all Xbox 360 and the ps3's graphics are so similiar who cares, and second of all blue ray disks only have 25 gb on each side.
Parks San

Postby punkgrl326 » Wed 12.06.2006 9:18 pm

rotfl! haha, those pics were hilarious! :D Yeah, Sony screwed up when they made the price so high, but that still doesn't mean it sucks. Personally, I can't say the ps3 sucks unless I've tried it for myself so until then I stand neutral ;)
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Previous

Return to Games