Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Anyone got a Wii?

Anyone got a Wii?

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Anyone got a Wii?

Postby neo2407 » Fri 12.08.2006 6:41 pm

Hey, the Nintendo Wii just launched in Europe and I got mine today with The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess :D...but...it's my Christmas present from my mother and when I try to get her to let me play it she says "If you do, you won't have anything to open on Christmas..." I really don't care if I didn't have anything to open on Christmas day lol. I just want to play it!
I've been waiting for the Wii and The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess for years! And I have to wait...I'm obviously annoyed by that.

Anyway has anyone else bought a Wii, and are you allowed to play it? Or is anyone else getting one for Christmas?
And anyone got any ideas on how to break my mother? So I can play my Wii.
Wii Friend Code: 0386 9779 0910 4312
Animal Crossing: Wild World Friend Code: 4381-7315-3908
neo2407

RE: Anyone got a Wii?

Postby hungryhotei » Fri 12.08.2006 6:46 pm

My suggestion is to go up a mountain and cryogenically freeze yourself in the snow- that way you won't have to wait for the wii! Just make sure that you get someone reliable to come and unfreeze you. ;)
Last edited by hungryhotei on Fri 12.08.2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Native language: English

Postby kanadajin » Fri 12.08.2006 6:46 pm

Oh shit, the wii is crazy, Twilight princess is incredible! Redsteel is terrible. But, all the Zelda games on the Wii are insane.

I really don't care if I didn't have anything to open on Christmas day lol. I just want to play it!

Impatient much? lol jk. My mom would never let me open presents before Christmas, I wouldnt even want to in the first place.
kanadajin

Postby ashitaka » Fri 12.08.2006 6:48 pm

I'm going to wait untill they implement new hardware like that dvd player.

You know what you got and your now alowed to play it?!??!?!? Bwahahahaha.
patience is a virtue. goodluck dreaming about playing your Wii :D
ashitaka

Postby neo2407 » Fri 12.08.2006 6:57 pm

One reason why I want to play it now is 'cause next week I'm working a combined 31 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday), then my last week at work is 23.5 hours (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) so I want to come home and unwind by playing my Wii (playing games is my way of relaxing, leaving the real world behind for a while).
I've completed every game I have on any of my other consoles at least twice, and I wanted a new challenge. And I'll be at my uncle's house on Christmas day and at least one person will want to watch something on TV while I'm playing my Wii and I have to stop, save, and then wait 'till the program their program was finished then go back to playing, which can get quite annoying.
neo2407

Postby randomperson » Fri 12.08.2006 7:47 pm

my problem was no place had some, but fanilly places got some in and i got mine over the thanksgiving break, and i got zelda too^^, i already have 60 hours into zelda(obiviously i have beaten the game too, beat it just under 40hrs, but now im going back and looking for all the heart peices and such)
you can message ppl on their wiis if you have their "Wii number", can also email too, but the internet channel is not up yet.
randomperson

Postby Belie » Fri 12.08.2006 8:02 pm

My brother's getting one (still hasn't got it yet as he didn't think of asking around the stores until right the day before they opened, so he's still hunting around), but he already has our mum convinced to let him play for "at least a little while". His reason is "I need to test it out to make sure everything works so I don't open it on Christmas and find out [blahblah] is broken and I have to wait until [X large amount of weeks] before I can actually play it."
Last edited by Belie on Fri 12.08.2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get up, get out of bed, you can sleep when you are dead!
Belie

Postby flammable hippo » Fri 12.08.2006 8:15 pm

How were you able to get it so fast after it came out? Over here in New York people were lining up outside the stores like crazy days like days before just to get it. You guys must have been really determined :D.

I want it soooo badly. I love the Zelda games and Twilight Princess is supposed to be awesome. I was waiting for it to come out last year but when Nintendo delayed it I was so angry! lol. Oh well, my parents said they would try their best to get it for me for Christmas, they said I did good enough and school and haven't gotten in any trouble ;).
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby neo2407 » Fri 12.08.2006 8:23 pm

I preordered my Wii in October, shortly after the European release date was announced, so I only stood in line for about 20 minutes for it (I went at 9:15 am just to make sure there was hardly anyone there).

Belie wrote:
...he already has our mum convinced to let him play for "at least a little while". His reason is "I need to test it out to make sure everything works so I don't open it on Christmas and find out [blahblah] is broken and I have to wait until [X large amount of weeks] before I can actually play it."

I had that idea, "testing" it to make sure everything's OK. I'm not working on Sunday so I'll try that then. My mother used to be easy to break...but now it's almost impossible! Luckly I don't give up easily!
Even if it's only for a hour or so, that would be fine...or maybe I can get her to play Wii Sports and if she enjoyed it, she'd let me keep playing it (as long as she got a turn every so often).

I really don't see the point in me waiting, I mean I already know I'm getting a Wii and Zelda so there's no surprise. And I'll still get presents from my sister and uncle (and maybe one from my aunt and uncle...different uncle of course), so it's not like I won't have ANYTHING to open on Christmas day.
neo2407

Postby flammable hippo » Fri 12.08.2006 8:28 pm

lol, you're so lucky Neo-san. It's sold out everywhere here, the only way to get it would be to buy it for $500 on eBay but I'm not that desperate. Anyway, all the stores near me are getting a new shipment of them next week so I might have a chance this time (all the weirdos who stand on line for days at a time probably won't be there this time since they all got theirs ;)).
Last edited by flammable hippo on Fri 12.08.2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby randomperson » Fri 12.08.2006 10:12 pm

places here are suppose to be gettting like 60 a week(atleast the bestbuys are) so you should be able to get one if you get out there early(like at opening time, dont need to be out there 2 hrs before opening much anymore.)
randomperson

Postby flammable hippo » Fri 12.08.2006 10:25 pm

randomperson wrote:
places here are suppose to be gettting like 60 a week(atleast the bestbuys are) so you should be able to get one if you get out there early(like at opening time, dont need to be out there 2 hrs before opening much anymore.)

That's good to know. But it was strange, a little over a week ago, my mom called wallmart to see when they were getting more in stock. They said "tomorrow, but we're only receiving 5." 5? who only gets 5 of anything? It was weird. But then they said that sometime next week more are coming, hopefully more than 5...

flammable hippo

Postby neo2407 » Sat 12.09.2006 3:38 pm

It helps to live in an area with few gamers that like Nintendo, most people here only want Xbox 360's or PS3's.
neo2407

Postby Chris Hart » Sat 12.09.2006 4:58 pm

kanadajin wrote:
Oh shit, the wii is crazy, Twilight princess is incredible! Redsteel is terrible. But, all the Zelda games on the Wii are insane.

I really don't care if I didn't have anything to open on Christmas day lol. I just want to play it!

Impatient much? lol jk. My mom would never let me open presents before Christmas, I wouldnt even want to in the first place.

My parrents have specifically given me Christmas presents early, because they will be of more use before, than after.
-.. .   -.- -.-. ---.. ..- ..-. ...-

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Chris Hart

Postby LordOfTheFlies » Sat 12.09.2006 5:11 pm

I don't have a Wii, unfortunately :(

I hadn't pre-ordered a Wii so I went to a store that wouldn't take pre-orders for their first shipment. I began queuing outside the store about 45 mins before they opened, there were perhaps 50 people ahead of me and when the store opened around 100 behind me. Turns out they only had 17 units @_@. So naturally I couldn't get a hold of one.

So my question is... Why didn't Nintendo postpone the release with the obvious shortage of consoles? I mean, I've seen shortages on releases before. But this shipment wasn't even enough to satisfy 10% of the demand... It was crazy. Oh well, I'll stop ranting now and stay on topic :P

To all of you who got yourselves a Wii, have fun!
Last edited by LordOfTheFlies on Sat 12.09.2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordOfTheFlies

Native language: Swedish

Next

Return to Games