Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Bleach anyone?

Bleach anyone?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Bleach anyone?

Postby jaela » Fri 07.15.2005 12:54 pm

how come all the threads here are for inuyasha? hey guys, let's discuss other anime this time okay? so how do you like bleach? please explain in detail, i assure you, you won't get demerits from inuyasha-sama! he's a really cool hanyou right? i'm also a fan of inuyasha, but i want to discuss soul slayers now (or soul cutters, for some) and not just the tessaiga... so ... what do you think?? :)
jaela

RE: Bleach anyone?

Postby Nubius » Fri 07.15.2005 5:32 pm

I'm guessing it's a lot of youngins to be honest....that and a lot of adult swim viewers as well.....it's all about waiting in agony for the next episode of a good anime to be subbed ;)

Bleach is a really good anime....Episodes 39 and 40 have finally caught back in the action because a few before seemed like really boring fillers, but overall I just really liked the series and continue to like it.

It's a bit different, the fighting is good, share of it's violence and it also has a good share of humor as well (although not as of late as it's gotten into 'serious' mode as far as the story goes)
Nubius

Postby jaela » Fri 07.15.2005 9:17 pm

you're definitely right about that. each episode just leaves the viewer hanging, and you can't wait what ichigo will do next. that's why i was also a bit irritated by the kanonji and chad's filler a few eps back...

by the way, do you know how long this show will continue? up to how many eps?

i really don't follow the manga because it's too expensive here. but if it'll be as long as naruto, for example, i think it's okay ... this constant wait ... :)
jaela

Postby Alyeck » Sat 07.16.2005 5:46 am

Bleach will be on probably as long as Naruto. Both of these shows are Jump manga, so as long as the mangas stay popular and keep coming out the shows will keep going.

The chad filler was not a filler at all as that was exactly how it went in the manga. The kanonji filler was actually part of the manga as well. It was done as a few notes and sketches on a blank page in the manga.

Naruto right now is going through a huge filler arc and I am very annoyed by it, but I know that it is being done to give the manga time to get further ahead in the storyline.

As for Bleach, it will remain serious as it is getting closer to the climax of the current story arc in the anime. The bleach manga just started a new story arc.
Alyeck

Postby lomagu » Sat 07.16.2005 9:45 am

Bleach has become my new favourite anime.. it's so addictive!

by the way,
jaela wrote:
i really don't follow the manga because it's too expensive here.

How much is the manga where you are? I'm just curious...
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.☆-D.Adams
lomagu

Postby LordDisa » Sat 07.16.2005 10:51 am

jaela wrote:
by the way, do you know how long this show will continue? up to how many eps?

From what I've heard, Bleach is planned to go to 52 episodes, and have one movie.
Last edited by LordDisa on Sat 07.16.2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordDisa

Postby jaela » Sat 07.16.2005 6:09 pm

price for manga here in our place really depends on the peso-dollar rate, so in dollars, it ranges from $12 to $20, depending also on how new the series is. we don't have naruto or bleach yet, just the old ones. most of the anime fans here just stick to the anime versions, because it would be impractical if they bought manga. :(

i just finished watchin ep 39, im still not finished downloading 40, but i already can't wait ...

question: the white version of ichigo said "take care of him (or raise him well), someday his powers will be mine". explain? maybe you manga followers know some inside stuff. ;)
jaela

Postby Alyeck » Sat 07.16.2005 7:45 pm

First of all I have to say that the price you put up there sounds extremely expensive, especially considering that Bleach is a weekly manga.
As for your question, nobody knows yet as it hasn't been revealed in the manga. Although there is a lot of speculation as to what it means. I won't tell what the speculation is as you have to have current knowledge of the manga and the anime hasn't gotten to where I can say anything about it.
Alyeck

Postby SO_Rennish » Sat 07.16.2005 8:40 pm

I love Bleach. Orihime is so cool! lol. Ichigo is so cute. Anyways, I haven't gotten to see episodes 39 and 40, because my torrent downloader isn't working, so bleck. sucks. But everyone should watch it. To Alyeck, there are sites online where you can just read the manga online. Very cheap :)
You owe me an IOU
SO_Rennish

Postby Alyeck » Sat 07.16.2005 10:26 pm

I'm a member of Bleach7.com but not the Bleachforums so I am current on the manga. I just don't want to spoil anything for the anime viewers.
I love Yachiru, Ichigo, Tatsuki and Kenpachi. They are just cool. And Isshin is surprisingly funny and cool. ;) I also love the way KT puts so much foreshadowing imagery into his manga.
Last edited by Alyeck on Sat 07.16.2005 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alyeck

Postby jaela » Sun 07.17.2005 5:13 am

as i've said, most of the manga here is expensive so we don't buy, and bleach is not available yet. i'm trying to look at websites now, and i've also recently signed in to bleach7.

fave characters would include ichigo, abarai renji and kenpachi. i also like kon, but i don't get to see him now. hanatarou is adorable, i would like to adopt him ... :)
jaela

Postby lomagu » Sun 07.17.2005 5:47 am

wow, that does sound expensive.. I've never tried to buy the manga before. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, where are you? Is that price for a Bleach manga only or does it have other manga in it? I'm just wondering if there's a big market for manga (in Japanese) in North America...

Anyway, I like Bleach because it always seems like something is happening. Even the filler episodes provide some information, so it's interesting. As for characters go, I love the Kenpachi-Yachiru pair. I just think they're so cute together. Of course Ichigo is the best, but I think Orihime is kinda ditsy. I guess she has her purposes - she provides comic relief. I like Rukia too.. her drawings are cute ;)

For Nootropos, where did you hear it goes up to 52 episodes? That seems pretty short. I'd be sad if they stopped so soon...:(
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.☆-D.Adams
lomagu

Postby jaela » Mon 07.18.2005 4:02 am

okay example: samurai deeper kyo, i don't know if its a weekly manga or what, it's price is 650 p (that would be around 12$). anime magazines like animerica are worth 800p (around 14.5$). i don't know if this is expensive by international standards, or just right. but for the common anime fan here, it would be impractical. bleach and naruto is still unavaiable, so i'm not sure if they get subscriptions from jump.

so maybe i'll just take up the advice from one of you here and get manga downloads ...

:)
jaela

Postby jaela » Mon 07.18.2005 5:03 am

by the way, naruto is aired in a local station here, but they haven't reached ep 100 yet. in another station, they start airing full metal alchemist on the same timeslot starting this week! which do you think would have higher ratings?

as for bleach, unfortunately, only the die hard otakus know about it. i try to spread the word to my friends, and they are never disappointed! ... they see the original audio version, which is better than fine. i don't like dubs that much ... i prefer original japanese audio ... :)
jaela

Postby LordDisa » Tue 07.19.2005 1:32 pm

lomagu wrote:
For Nootropos, where did you hear it goes up to 52 episodes? That seems pretty short. I'd be sad if they stopped so soon...:(

That was what was mentioned on Lunar Anime's forums...so while not confirmed, it sounds fairly reasonable. 52 episodes sounds long enough to finish the current story, and make for a decent stopping point. I'm glad that the series is longer than all of those 12 to 24-episode animes out there, but at the same time, I don't want it to get old and stagnant like American TV becomes when a show has gone on for a few seasons too long (Simpsons, X-files, Sliders, etc.). Anyway, I'm rambling, but I hope I got my point across sufficiently.
LordDisa

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions