View topic - Japanese girls and the peace sign
Yeah.. that's about it.
And it's not just girls. Boys and girls both do it.
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
- Posts: 2964
- Joined: Tue 06.14.2005 3:24 am
- Location: Gifu, Japan
- Native language: (poor) English
Number of people that have: 13
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Tue 01.25.2005 7:04 pm
- Posts: 517
- Joined: Sun 07.24.2005 3:57 am
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Thu 09.22.2005 12:31 pm
- Posts: 696
- Joined: Mon 03.28.2005 5:17 pm
There are many reason, but mostly its because they saw americans doing it, so they decided to do it as well. Thumbs up and hang loose are also popular.
They saw MacArthur doing it and picked it up from him. No other American has had so great a personal effect on Japanese culture. Not even Perry. Americans used the Victory sign a lot, especially when the Japanese were looking, in the aftermath of WW2.
It's best thought of as the Peace through superior firepower sign.
- Posts: 3093
- Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 1:12 am
- Native language: 英語
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests