Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Dir En Grey

Dir En Grey

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

RE: Dir En Grey

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 08.15.2006 9:43 am

keatonatron,

unfortunately band fans don't really care about the opening act.. and if it is a japanese band they have never heard of, well you can guarantee a bunch of stoned and drunk asshats will definately let the opening band have it..

I remember when korn openend for stone temple pilot.. the lead singer walked up to the mic and was hit in the head with a beer bottle.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Sachi » Tue 08.15.2006 10:45 am

Ouch.

And keatonatron, that's so cool! :D I've never actually listened to them, but getting to be ain a music video is pretty sweet. ;)
Sachi

Postby Reno » Tue 08.15.2006 12:10 pm

I am probably the only person who always cares about watching the openingbands. Im always looking for new music (or the same music in a new coat).
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby DeathOfSoul » Sat 08.19.2006 2:54 am

I love Dir en grey... but I had to miss their show in Dallas x_x *was broke* I couldn't even afford their lawn tickets >.<
DeathOfSoul

Postby kuroi » Sat 08.19.2006 4:54 am

Oh my.. y'know Die? THATS JUST AWESOME.

Anyways, yeah.. Dir en grey <333 I've loved them for ages.. Its a shame I'm here in England, xD Missing all their concerts!
「諦めない」−浜崎あゆみ
kuroi

Postby joyce koo » Fri 12.15.2006 12:35 am

well i love dir en grey they are my first j-rock band that i ever heard.
and i love kaoru and die the most TT.TT

cant wait until they come to cali for concert xD :D
joyce koo

Postby GacktNoNingyo » Fri 12.15.2006 5:26 am

Aishiteiru ^^
Dir en Grey is love <'33 They're so awesome and speciel.. Some of my favs n.n
GacktNoNingyo

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Sun 12.17.2006 6:57 am

I was very very close to seeing them in広島 but tickets sold like hot cakes of course.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 12.17.2006 7:49 am

Isn't there a music subforum for this?
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Postby catpower » Mon 12.25.2006 10:07 am

Machina Maw wrote:
Haha I don't listen to them, but everyone here pretends to like them because the new fad is being a Japanophile.
That would be more true about Malice Mizer.
catpower

Postby GhoulsNightOut » Fri 12.29.2006 2:21 am

catpower wrote:
Machina Maw wrote:
Haha I don't listen to them, but everyone here pretends to like them because the new fad is being a Japanophile.
That would be more true about Malice Mizer.

Well...I'm sorry to say for everyone, but I just like them because of their music *omgwtfbbq what about the new fad??!?* I went to their concert in Germany, but I got a bad seat in the back. So I'm going to see them in Atlanta.

Isn't Malice Mizer a bit old? I'm surprised you didn't say something like those more recent like Phantasmagoria.
(゚Д゚≡゚Д゚)(*・_・)ノ⌒* 織花..._〆(・∀・@) |・ω・`)コッショリ
GhoulsNightOut

Postby baiduXlita » Fri 12.29.2006 9:02 am

I love them. They are seriously like really awesome. They make the best music. By the way.

NO.MUZIK.NO.LIFE☆
something rather short of a fun-loving american...☆
☄love me or hate me☄
Japanese culture is turning into my life.

No.Muzic.NO.Life.♡

MiLK♡
baiduXlita

Postby Kuuhaku » Wed 01.10.2007 12:45 am

Does anyone (still) listen to this band?

Because I'm in their next music video, coming out July 26th. I also kinda became friends with Die. He's really nice.
I suppose I'm really late in commenting in this thread, but I've just come back here and your subject caught my eye. It's cool to know that you've gotten to know Die. I've watched that pv a couple of times, and I haven't really noticed anyone besides the band so this time I'll be keeping a look out.
Because I continue to sleep, I am unconscious of everything.
In an unreachable dream I am drowning
Sinking to your side
Kuuhaku

Postby Lauma » Thu 02.01.2007 5:14 pm

*goes to join the "jealous" line "u get to be in a video and meet them (....enuf with the fangirlism...)
I listen to j-rock mainly for about 2 years now (just so many good bands) and Dir en Grey for more than one and a half year (well not mutch latelly,but that`s noit the point)... when I started to listen to them it wasn`t "I`l be cool if i listen to them" craziness yet ... so stupid that j-rock has become "the latest cool thing"
thou I liked the more melodic and visual era of Dir en grey now is fine too (IF I manage to ignore the *insert not a good word :( * screaming), whatever makes em` happy
Lauma

Postby shinjuunk » Sun 03.18.2007 8:54 pm

Wow~!!
You know Die?!!
Hook me up man~!! <3
XD

I can't help but comment on this dead thread because I'm a big fan of Dir en Grey (Shinya especially), since 2000 when I stumbled across the j-rock scene. :3 That's so cool that you were in a video with them. I totally want your autograph now!! XD

Though, I agree with Lauma in the fact that I liked their visual days better as well, but I won't be picky. I still love their music. And they still look good enough that I make them the subject of every other artistical piece that I spit out. >___>

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm way envious of you keatonatron! I want to be in a Diru PV!! >D
shinjuunk

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Movies and Music