Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT 2006 - one week to go!

JLPT 2006 - one week to go!

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: JLPT 2006 - one week to go!

Postby AussieB » Fri 12.08.2006 6:35 pm

Hi Kampbfrot, welcome to the forum, it's nice to find some other 1Qers to chat with. I have been chatting also with hungryhotei about the 1Q exam and have sent some links which have most of the exam on, but I still havent found any that have the reading passage or full reading answers. Let me know if youre interested and I can send you the link also. I don't really remember the 1st reading passage very much as I did it last of all and was so tired by then after 4.5 hours of sitting around that I just skim read it, so I wouldnt trust any of my answers on the first one. I agree that the passage itself was actually challenging unlike most of the others, but I have done a few practice exams and they all seem to have a long cryptic sort of pices first up, followed by other shorter ones that were much more straight forward. I have never done any other level so I can't really compare it to 2Q but I have heard that the main difference between 1Q & 2Q is the reading passages ( length, total lenth and complecity) as well as kanji and goi. I cant really tell the difference with listening (maybe a few less trciks but??) and I guess there's a few new grammar structures but nothing too major.
AussieB

Postby hungryhotei » Fri 12.08.2006 8:36 pm

AussieB wrote:
but I have heard that the main difference between 1Q & 2Q is the reading passages ( length, total lenth and complecity) as well as kanji and goi. I cant really tell the difference with listening (maybe a few less trciks but??) and I guess there's a few new grammar structures but nothing too major.

I found that 文字・語彙 is definately the biggest jump between 2Q and 1Q . In 2Q that is, I think, by far the easiest section and yet the hardest in 1Q. I think that listening is relatively about the same level, maybe a bit easier (despite my poor performace in the actual exam), the grammar too about the same, but the reading is relatively much easier.

My opinion may be biased due to reading novels being by far my largest exposure to Japanese over the last year between the tests, which would probably not be representative of the average student of Japanese.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Native language: English

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Fri 12.08.2006 8:49 pm

I completely agree that the 語彙 section of the 1Q was the hardest part of the whole test. The 文字 wasn't too bad, though.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

RE: 1級語彙

Postby AussieB » Fri 12.08.2006 9:45 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:
I completely agree that the 語彙 section of the 1Q was the hardest part of the whole test. The 文字 wasn't too bad, though.

I totally agree I reckon I got maybe 95% for Kanji but more like 60% for 語彙

I don't read enough in English let alone in Japanese but I don't have too much problem understanding most of the reading comprehension.... I just wish they would make the passages more insteresting!!
AussieB

Postby flammable hippo » Fri 12.08.2006 10:01 pm

ikkyuu, seems so far away.....
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby Akurei » Sun 12.10.2006 11:25 am

In 4kyuu... for the ones that took it: the first question of the listening section, was the man gioing to study or watch a movie in the cinema? and then, did the man had different socks with slippers or with shoes???
Akurei

Postby suhui » Mon 12.11.2006 7:56 am

I chose study for that and the different pair of socks for that. Hee knew it's over already but any idea when will the test results be out?
Spoof!
suhui

Postby Kampfbrot » Wed 12.20.2006 1:59 am

@hungryhotei
Thank you for sending me the URL to the answers of the examination and thank you, AussieB, for offering me to do so. :)

Since I already counted the questions I didn`t really know the answer for when I was taking the examination I already roughly knew how well I did but it`s definitely nice to have some more certainty.
Anyways it should be ok for me although my score probably won`t be that good.
Oh well, passing is everything. :)

I also totally agree that the vocabulary part differs the most from the 2Q test as far as difficulty is concerned.
Nicht irgendein Brot.
Kampfbrot

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 12.20.2006 2:31 am

Wait, someone has the answers already?

I can't decide if I want to find out how bad I failed sooner rather than later... :/
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby hungryhotei » Wed 12.20.2006 9:08 am

Harisenbon, rather than official answers or anything, the site we (AussieB) found is just what someone thinks the answers are. It seems they were quite accurate though, only a few that look wrong or are missing, so it's possible to get quite a good idea of how well you did.

Let me know if you do want a link to the site.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 12.20.2006 9:44 pm

Thanks for the offer, but I realized where the tests were uploaded right after I posted. I was checking that site almost every day since the test for the answers, but they put them in a different place than the other tests, so I never found them.

I've already forgotten what I wrote for the answers, so it does me no good. Just have to wait and die a horrible death come Feb. ;)
Harisenbon

Postby flammable hippo » Wed 12.20.2006 9:48 pm

What site is this? Can any body post a link? Thanx
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 12.20.2006 9:53 pm

Because it contains links to copyrighted works, I don't think we should post it on this site. But if you wanted INFO about the JLPT, you could probably find it. ;)

PS. Mods, if that's too blantent, please delete.
Last edited by Harisenbon on Wed 12.20.2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harisenbon

Postby tanuki » Wed 12.20.2006 10:02 pm

Paul-san shouted a while ago that jlpt.info had deleted its blatant copyright-infringing files so it's not an "unwrittable" address anymore.

EDIT: I haven't confirmed it, though...
Last edited by tanuki on Wed 12.20.2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby flammable hippo » Wed 12.20.2006 10:04 pm

I think I'm on the site you were talking about (mostly in Japanese, white background, red words?) but I'm having trouble finding the page with past answers on it. I've looked pretty much everywhere. Maybe you could pm the link so its not blatantly displayed and no copyright laws get violated?

flammable hippo

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test