Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Pics thread 〜2〜

Pics thread 〜2〜

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby kanadajin » Mon 12.18.2006 9:29 pm

Wow schattenjedi, smooth one.

Anyway.

_Rhapsody, you're the TJP hottie. All I gotta say is. Daaaaammn.

I havent posted a pic in the pic thread 2 so I guess I should :) Heres another random webcam pic.

Just stayin' Gangsta

Image
User avatar
kanadajin
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed 05.04.2005 7:04 pm

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby zengargoyle » Tue 12.19.2006 12:48 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
do you have an documentation to go with it? you may not be a collector, but paperwork could make that peice worth a small kings ransom/fortune.. :o

there may be paperwork from when my father had it appraised. just the generic 'running the serial numbers' and 'testing the grips', but those are probably long lost... otherwise, the story goes that my grandfather (who owned a Gas Station) traded some gas and maybe some $$ to some "down on his luck" G.I. passing through town sometime after the war.

900,000 pistols of that variety were made during WWII and only 500 were made by singer. there were no combo peices that I am aware of, but that doesn't mean someone didn't put together such a peice.

wow, didn't realize that there were only 500 Singer made weapons... it's probably a put-together piece, i remember that there was some confusion due to the frame and slide being made by different manufacturers. all i remember is that it turned out that one part was Remington and the other Singer. now that i think about it, it may be Chrome rather than Nickel plated... it's in safe keeping back with my hometown family, i haven't seen it since the pictures were taken. (i would never think of bringing it to California...)

back in the '80s it was easily a $3,000-$5,000 item. i have no clue what it would be worth now. but it's the closest thing to a family heirloom that i have, so it's not going anywhere. :) next time i get a chance, i'll try and track the serial numbers again, and i would like to find somebody to clean the grime from the grips and fix the couple of places where the plating has worn away. and suposedly the dragons on the grips once had red 'ruby' eyes, i'd like to get those back.

but yeah, it's a *totally* sweet piece of work, and my poor pictures don't do it justice.
User avatar
zengargoyle
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sun 05.29.2005 10:16 pm

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby Mike Cash » Tue 12.19.2006 5:15 am

tanuki wrote:
Schattenjedi wrote:
Are you a boy or a girl?


Dude! Do you realize how offensive that is?

Someone missed Common Sense 101.


Actually, with just the original picture I had the same question, but unlike Schattenjedi had the tact not to ask.

She has a bit of a "mannish" facial structure, which is not at all unattractive on a female. Unfortunately, many males have the same degree of feminine facial structure and seeing only the face and the hair it can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference.

She'd make a damned poor man, but I find her looks very attractive on a female.
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.19.2006 10:08 am

zengargoyle wrote:


back in the '80s it was easily a $3,000-$5,000 item. i have no clue what it would be worth now. but it's the closest thing to a family heirloom that i have, so it's not going anywhere. :) next time i get a chance, i'll try and track the serial numbers again, and i would like to find somebody to clean the grime from the grips and fix the couple of places where the plating has worn away. and suposedly the dragons on the grips once had red 'ruby' eyes, i'd like to get those back.

but yeah, it's a *totally* sweet piece of work, and my poor pictures don't do it justice.


yeah, family heirlooms are better kept than sold anyways.. sorry i am sort of a weapons nut.. Until our house was broken into a few years back my father and I had quite a few weapons that had sentimental value.. so I know what you mean. Your pistol might also be worth more due to it's handle and other detail work rather than a collectors item. enjoy it and make sure you take care of it too..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby Schattenjedi » Tue 12.19.2006 11:44 am

Strawberry_Juice wrote:
Schattenjedi wrote:

Are you a boy or a girl?

Image
Image
Image
Now let me ask: Are you blind or a jerk?


Thanks for clearing that up. I had just been learning about androgynes in one of my classes and I guess curiosity got the best of me. I promise not to ask that question to anyone else. :(
Schattenjedi
 

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby kohyin » Wed 12.20.2006 2:10 am

I was curious to see the member pics as well. But there are too many comments, too much reduncancy, and too many creative works (not that anything wrong with them) rather than true member pics for me to go through all... I guess I am too old and too slow :(
緑@光陰
http://www.kohyin.com
署l署F、皆仲良くしましょう。
User avatar
kohyin
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri 11.10.2006 8:19 pm

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby Rounin T » Wed 12.20.2006 5:03 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
Actually, with just the original picture I had the same question, but unlike Schattenjedi had the tact not to ask.

She has a bit of a "mannish" facial structure, which is not at all unattractive on a female. Unfortunately, many males have the same degree of feminine facial structure and seeing only the face and the hair it can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference.

She'd make a damned poor man, but I find her looks very attractive on a female.

I agree.

And I think Mike would make a good ambassador.
User avatar
Rounin T
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu 10.12.2006 5:32 pm

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby Mike Cash » Thu 12.21.2006 7:05 am

Rounin T wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:
Actually, with just the original picture I had the same question, but unlike Schattenjedi had the tact not to ask.

She has a bit of a "mannish" facial structure, which is not at all unattractive on a female. Unfortunately, many males have the same degree of feminine facial structure and seeing only the face and the hair it can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference.

She'd make a damned poor man, but I find her looks very attractive on a female.

I agree.

And I think Mike would make a good ambassador.


I'd make a poor ambassador, being almost entirely devoid of tact and diplomacy.

I would like to add that I find the very confident manner in which she looks at the camera and her very sparing use of cosmetics are refreshing, alluring, and charming.

All too many women rely too heavily on cosmetics, to the point of becoming a slave to the paint pots. Confidence and poise add far more to a woman's beauty than cosmetics ever can. Paint can not make an unattractive woman beautiful, but confidence and poise can transform an otherwise plain woman into something positively radiant.
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby Dehitay » Thu 12.21.2006 11:49 am

Mike Cash wrote:
All too many women rely too heavily on cosmetics, to the point of becoming a slave to the paint pots. Confidence and poise add far more to a woman's beauty than cosmetics ever can. Paint can not make an unattractive woman beautiful, but confidence and poise can transform an otherwise plain woman into something positively radiant.


har har, join me on my never ending scavenger hunt to find a girl over the age of 18 that hasn't had her ears peirced. It may be harder or easier in Japan, but as for Lubbock, I have yet to find a single one
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
User avatar
Dehitay
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri 09.08.2006 8:36 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 12.21.2006 12:36 pm

Dehitay wrote:


har har, join me on my never ending scavenger hunt to find a girl over the age of 18 that hasn't had her ears peirced. It may be harder or easier in Japan, but as for Lubbock, I have yet to find a single one


it's becomeing harder and harder as many young girls have their ears pierced before they go to school..

I know my daughters had their ears pierced at age 3 or 4..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby Mike Cash » Thu 12.21.2006 1:33 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
Dehitay wrote:


har har, join me on my never ending scavenger hunt to find a girl over the age of 18 that hasn't had her ears peirced. It may be harder or easier in Japan, but as for Lubbock, I have yet to find a single one


it's becomeing harder and harder as many young girls have their ears pierced before they go to school..

I know my daughters had their ears pierced at age 3 or 4..


Over your protests, I hope.

@Dehitay:

You can still find a few women in Japan who don't have pierced ears. And you can find a few who have a half dozen or so hunks of metal hanging out of one or both ears. I know it is entirely irrational, but every time I see a young woman like that I can't help but reflexively think, "I bet she swallows".
User avatar
Mike Cash
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 3:38 am
Native language: English

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Thu 12.21.2006 2:48 pm

Hey, what's wrong with ears pierced? I have one small hole in each ear that I got when I was two months old, not that I had much of a choice in the matter... But you can't really tell unless I have earings in because they are so small.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
User avatar
prep_girl_Nessa
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue 03.07.2006 3:11 am

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby tanuki » Thu 12.21.2006 3:02 pm

Women piercing their ears is OK, I guess.

I'd be worried if I couldn't find men who don't pierce their ears. Tacky.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
User avatar
tanuki
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun 09.25.2005 9:00 pm
Location: South America

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 12.21.2006 3:18 pm

Mike Cash wrote:

Over your protests, I hope.


my wife and I discussed it for the longest time.. before they were born and after. I personally wanted it as my father had it with our family.. no pierced ears until age 16. my wife, wanted them done before they were 1. I argued for 8 then.. (what many consider accountable age.) my wife, actually took them to get it done each time while I was on "tour" in Japan, so I really couldn't do much about it..

Needless to say, I only let them wear small studs and only on special occassions.
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Thu 12.21.2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby Strawberry_Juice » Thu 12.21.2006 4:27 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
it's becomeing harder and harder as many young girls have their ears pierced before they go to school..

I know my daughters had their ears pierced at age 3 or 4..

I've not had my ears pierced, though I should probably add that I'm 15. So that may change soonish... but I'm scared to death of needles!
Strawberry_Juice
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun 12.04.2005 11:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests