Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Worst Dub Voice?

Worst Dub Voice?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: Worst Dub Voice?

Postby Tspoonami » Wed 12.27.2006 1:12 am

Osaka in Azumanga Daioh... :|

(Did I already say that?)
Last edited by Tspoonami on Wed 12.27.2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby Hatori » Wed 12.27.2006 11:46 pm

Ferretboy787 wrote:
Mariya wrote:
Yeah... just as the title says. Who's got the worst dub voice in your opinion?

Has anyone heard Sanji's dub voice from One Piece? Good Lord. :@ It is the most sickening dub voice ever! >.< Voice Actor = Black. Sanji = Pure Japanese. Wheres the link? :(
I cannot watch the dub without muting the TV everytime he comes on screen. Thats how horrible it is.

Other dubbed voices I hate would probably be the whole cast for Weiss Kreuz. Their Japanese voices are so beautifully done by Koyasu Takehito-san and his crew, and theres absolutely no passion put into the dubbed voices. The actors didn't even try to sound Asian x.x pure American accent. :o
I hate to come out of nowhere but
How ignorant of you. You act as if Japanese people can't have that kind of accent, Races aren't limited to a certain sound. You don't act like the previous actor you act as if you are the character. How do you even know if Sanji is Asian? I'm not a fan of Onepiece, or anime in general, but I can't imagine a character yelling out his race. Why wouldn't they have pure american accents? It's aimed an American audience.

i do agree with you. it was rude of Mariya to say that. and it can offend people on tjp who have black skin too.

Tspoonami wrote:
Osaka in Azumanga Daioh... :|

(Did I already say that?)

omg, i HATE how she's trying to speak "normal" at the beginning and then she's all country with a soft voice. she's A LOT better in japanese.

Nofil221 wrote:
I usually don't mind dubs, but Naruto's voice is so annoying my mom makes me shut off the show. Shino's voice sounds like it went up twenty octives from the Japanese version too, otherwise I don't care.

lmfao. Naruto sounds like he smokes, doesn't he?
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: Are u serious?

Postby Cherie061403 » Thu 12.28.2006 12:25 am

Mariya wrote:
Yeah... just as the title says. Who's got the worst dub voice in your opinion?

Has anyone heard Sanji's dub voice from One Piece? Good Lord. :@ It is the most sickening dub voice ever! >.< Voice Actor = Black. Sanji = Pure Japanese. Wheres the link? :(
I cannot watch the dub without muting the TV everytime he comes on screen. Thats how horrible it is.

Other dubbed voices I hate would probably be the whole cast for Weiss Kreuz. Their Japanese voices are so beautifully done by Koyasu Takehito-san and his crew, and theres absolutely no passion put into the dubbed voices. The actors didn't even try to sound Asian x.x pure American accent. :o

Hmmm. I fail to see what the the voice actor being black has to do with the dub being so bad. That is to say that all black voice actors are bad? Obviously when being dubbed for an American audience there is usually no connection to the originial actor being Japanese. So being black is much more far off than the actor being white in regards to the Japanese actor. I'm highly offended.

Black actors actors can have many different voices and many different acting styles and techniques. Wow & this is Admin speaking.

If this particular actor sucked, so be it. But pls, don't make it about race. Pfft!
Cherie061403

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Thu 12.28.2006 6:20 pm

Two words, Angel Sanctuary. The voice acting is bad to the point that I don't know if the anime would have even been any better without irksome voices. There is one character who you expect at every moment to yell "I choose you pikachu!" That isn't even the worst part either, when I switched the track to japanese, it sounded just as bad! It may just be me but Angel Sanctuary has the worst voice acting ever!
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby datdo » Sat 12.30.2006 2:15 am

who has a problem with black voice actors? lol but I think mariya was trying to say that the voice actor sounded what is considered "black" or talking "ghetto." I think it can be forgiven.

On another note: adv films actually I believe did a good dub for Ghost Stories(学校の怪談(かいだん)). I found a youtube vid to explain
datdo

Postby Hikitori » Tue 01.16.2007 7:36 pm

Naruto .. has the worst dub , and the worst translations (Rasengan = Power Strike) Come on that sounds odd. *HAAA* Powerrr Strike -.- It should be left the same.
Hikitori

Postby kyashi » Tue 01.16.2007 8:09 pm

i hate naruto's voice!
Naruto's voice is so annoying! I personally think Sakura's voice is, too. Ack.
finally someone that agrees with me! . "oh sasuke oh sasukeee" gets on my nerves.
lets see lets see what else ummmmmm yugioh's voice is just aggghhkk.
kyashi

Postby Ino » Thu 01.18.2007 7:33 pm

Ok so the two dub voices i really don't like are:

Orochimaru's- Just because his laugh isn't as cool as it is in the Japanese version. The voice..eh...it's pretty good i guess, but the laugh...IT'S NOT THE SAME!!! (cry)

And then Ginta from Marchen Awakens Romance.
What a shame... it just doesn't sound right... so sad...
Ino

Postby enpitsu00 » Sun 04.15.2007 11:19 am

Last edited by enpitsu00 on Mon 07.11.2011 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
enpitsu00

Postby Shidonii Hirohara » Fri 06.22.2007 12:20 am

i watched some gaukuen alice as a fandub. good god.... :o
i say worst dub ever. they all sounded like. people that sucked on helium for too long! ;)

whenever i watch an anime in japanese for a long time, then find it in english...english voices suck... :|
no offence to myself and other english people. ;)
Last edited by Shidonii Hirohara on Fri 06.22.2007 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
lalalalalalalalalalallalaaaa...
Shidonii Hirohara

Postby SirFirestorm » Fri 06.22.2007 4:40 pm

Hmmm. I fail to see what the the voice actor being black has to do with the dub being so bad. That is to say that all black voice actors are bad? Obviously when being dubbed for an American audience there is usually no connection to the originial actor being Japanese. So being black is much more far off than the actor being white in regards to the Japanese actor. I'm highly offended.

Black actors actors can have many different voices and many different acting styles and techniques. Wow & this is Admin speaking.

If this particular actor sucked, so be it. But pls, don't make it about race. Pfft!

It isnt because he is black is it because the voice actor has a bit of a jamaican accent and tries to make sanji talk with an italian accent.

I think you would have to hear it to believe it, a jamaican accent with a nasal sounding italian accent. Dont know how else to describe it.
SirFirestorm

Postby SenescenceReign » Fri 06.22.2007 6:00 pm

How about video games? Ever hear the English voice acting in the game "Legend of Dragoon"? Did it not make your eyes bleed?

Other than that... I may have to say... Bleach. Now, I haven't seen much Bleach, but I enjoy it! I was forcing my roomate to watch several the other evening - later that night, she excitedly informed me that Cartoon Network was showing the very same episode we'd left off on. As I leapt over the couch in slow motion yelling "Noooooooo!" she put it on.

If it weren't for Melissa's excellent reflexes and yelp of pain, I might've been subjected to more bad acting; as it stands I'm lucky enough to only have suffered Ichigo and Rukia. That's enough, I think. I'm soooo afraid of what they did to my favorite characters after that. So afraid.
/relurk
SenescenceReign

Postby Kashin » Sat 06.23.2007 3:36 am

I would say that the worst english dub i've ever heard was the character Naruto. It made me hate the whole anime.

Videogame voices are never good.

One good english dub (at least that's what I liked) was the voice of Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop voiced by Steven Blum.
And I really like the english dub of Dawn (Hikari) in the American version of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I think she's played by Emilyn Mornelli.
What good is a farmer who tills the soil, but forgets the seed?

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby SirFirestorm » Sat 06.23.2007 4:53 am

I remember I also liked what they did with cowboy bebop on adult swim. Trigun had a good voice cast too. Another one that comes to mind is the FF advent children dvd, the dubbed voices were surprisingly close to the japanese as well.
SirFirestorm

Postby Kashin » Sat 06.23.2007 7:41 pm

you said just what I was about it. FFVII was really good. (I guess you can consider it an anime) However I only have the Japanese version, but I've heard the dub voices they used and it was really tight.
I guess you just gotta find the good dubbed anime. They're the best when the voice is really unique (like Steven Blum) and it fits the personality of the character. Then you have the Naruto dubs. A voice so bad that it can single handedly ruin an anime for you.

If I have the choice I usually just watch my DVDs with subtitles...except when there's other people or I'm distracted by something. You get a better translation with them anyway.
What good is a farmer who tills the soil, but forgets the seed?

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions