Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Buying manga in japanese

Buying manga in japanese

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Buying manga in japanese

Postby BetterSense » Mon 01.01.2007 11:38 pm

At the moment I'm following Yotsubato (Azuma Kiyohiko's project after Azumanga Daiou). Yotsubato is easy enough for me to read so I'm not subject to the wrath of ADV. However does anyone know how to find out when volume 7 will be released? Or where I can buy volumes 5&6 domestically?

I've been getting them from Sasuga Japanese Bookstore, but they only have up to volume 5, whereas Amazon.co.jp has up to volume 6, but you take it hard ordering overseas, either in time or money.
I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
BetterSense

RE: Buying manga in japanese

Postby Scavengist » Tue 01.02.2007 1:04 am

No.
I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN JAPAN!
*Akira hakate*
Scavengist

Postby Hatori » Tue 01.02.2007 1:10 am

BetterSense wrote:
At the moment I'm following Yotsubato (Azuma Kiyohiko's project after Azumanga Daiou). Yotsubato is easy enough for me to read so I'm not subject to the wrath of ADV. However does anyone know how to find out when volume 7 will be released? Or where I can buy volumes 5&6 domestically?

I've been getting them from Sasuga Japanese Bookstore, but they only have up to volume 5, whereas Amazon.co.jp has up to volume 6, but you take it hard ordering overseas, either in time or money.

There's this bookstore that recently closed down that I buy manga at. If you frind the nearest Japanese market or some sort of store, you can find Japanese manga easily.

I think getting manga in Japanese is fun!! AND it's cheaper. XD
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Tue 01.02.2007 3:25 am

You can ask Sasuga Books to carry the later volumes. They did that for me for 史上さいきょうの弟子けんいち (History's Strongest Disciple, Kenichi) when they had volumes 1-16 and 19, but not 17-18.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions