Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XII

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

RE: Final Fantasy XII

Postby shinzou » Wed 11.29.2006 10:36 pm

I don't understand what the fuss is over the FF series. I played an older one for about 5 minutes and got bored. One of those games I'll play for about 10 minutes and then not touch for a month.

-Jon
shinzou

Postby Angzt » Sun 12.03.2006 4:18 pm

I thought FFXII was fun..but after abouts 30 hrs I just kinda stopped playing it?. Not sure why I'm sure I'll start up on it again eventually. I thought it was good..but it sure isn't a FFVII or FFVIII.
Angzt

Postby ____Rhapsody » Wed 12.13.2006 8:08 pm

I LOVE the FF series. I like all of them but my favs are FFX, FFVII, and FFIX(the not so popular one out the group, but good to me nontheless).

FFXII is good but its not as good as i thought it would be. Seeing i have only played it for 25 hours, it seems okay, nothing too great about it to me. The storyline is whats bugging me. The characters too (alot of them are sooo boring :@). Plus, it doesnt help that some guy my bestfriend knows already beat the game and told him some spoilers and then he told me :| The battle system, license grid, and all the things they put in this one are great! But, right now, its nothing special to me. I guess I have to play the rest of it to really base my judgement on it.
Last edited by ____Rhapsody on Wed 12.13.2006 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____Rhapsody

Postby carlanox » Wed 12.13.2006 9:14 pm

very boring battle....but wait, that's only for the first few hours where you still could not use gambit systems. After that, you will get addicted to it. It is the best battle system in game i ever played. I dont know about the story though, so far is quite OK.

somehow it is quite similar with MMORPG, granado espada. I have waited for that game for 1 year, but still in development. The battle system is exactly the same as FF12.
carlanox

Postby Silvan » Mon 12.25.2006 8:25 am

in FFX, what are the original japanese names of the characters??? I know that the english im listening to is all voice overed and stuff, so does that mean that the names have changed as well?
FFX and FFX-2 are the only final fantasy's i own. ive played 2 seconds into FF's 1-5, but they bored the living daylights out of me.
Last edited by Silvan on Mon 12.25.2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hOLLOW Where mY Heart Should bE
Silvan

Postby Silvan » Mon 12.25.2006 8:51 am

[quote]mangamanzero wrote:
How come theres so many FINAL fantisies????

thats what my dad says, thats why he thinks that all final fantasy games suck, since they were supposed to have ended 12 (or how much ever) games ago lol
hOLLOW Where mY Heart Should bE
Silvan

Postby anikaliki » Mon 12.25.2006 3:28 pm

I'm almost done with it. I think the story line sucks. Final Fantasy had their good times, but seriously, with each new game, all the characters seem to get younger, more buff, and show more skin. After a while they just start repeating things from other Final Fantasies. It doesen't even seem like the Final Fantasies that I know, but just like any other game. And as far as music goes, I won't even start...I love Nobuo Uematsu!
Last edited by anikaliki on Mon 12.25.2006 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finally!
anikaliki

Postby Hatori » Wed 01.03.2007 12:26 am

FFXII is A LOT OF FUN! I got it on the first day and I'm still having a blast with it!! If you get the special edition version, it is really interesting and worth the extra $10! :D
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby kanadajin » Wed 01.03.2007 1:14 am

Yeah It's a sick game, Im stuck though. Im trying to get the sword of kings but my guys are to weak. You know right after you use the dawn shard in the stilshrine of miriam.? Well I killed that rock thing but then theres those 3 dragons or w/e damn. they owned my people, and espesially because Larsa left, he really helped us with those inf hi-potions. I even tried to summon belias but they owned him too. Even though my party together Is stronger then he is I didn't think he was going to die so fast. And it's not like We're low levels the lowest level is 23 and thats penelo and Ashe. Vaan is 25 or 26... 25 I think, baash Is like 24 and so is fran and bathlier I dunno either 23 or 24.

Vaan has a war hammer So he can hit like thousands. and the weakest person is probably ashe? She can hit high too but she hits low most of the time and shes ANNOYING I was like oooh snap. She's always curing everyone, it helps but by the time she's done curing us we're already dead. loll. I baught Cura which is great. And Raise is helpful too. Infuse was a waste of money, It said fully consume users MP to make someone else's 10X that ammount. I should have known it wasn't true.

1st of all because It even works whenever you have 1MP because It didn't say it had to be full. It just says it fully consumes it. And 10x? Thats a LOT. Vaan has like 1000+Hp so that means it would be like 10,000.... All infuse does is hurt people. And it does a lot of damage too, funny thing is you can only do it to a party member.

All I know is that Im using it wrong, Because obviously It's not usless.

If you get the special edition version, it is really interesting and worth the extra $10!

Whats different?
Last edited by kanadajin on Wed 01.03.2007 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kanadajin

Postby Rounin T » Wed 01.03.2007 8:04 pm

I'm about to find out how I like FFXII -- it was a surprise (i.e. not on my list) Christmas present. Looks like fun so far.
Rounin T

Postby Hatori » Wed 01.03.2007 8:20 pm

kanadajin wrote:
Yeah It's a sick game, Im stuck though. Im trying to get the sword of kings but my guys are to weak. You know right after you use the dawn shard in the stilshrine of miriam.? Well I killed that rock thing but then theres those 3 dragons or w/e damn. they owned my people, and espesially because Larsa left, he really helped us with those inf hi-potions. I even tried to summon belias but they owned him too. Even though my party together Is stronger then he is I didn't think he was going to die so fast. And it's not like We're low levels the lowest level is 23 and thats penelo and Ashe. Vaan is 25 or 26... 25 I think, baash Is like 24 and so is fran and bathlier I dunno either 23 or 24.

Vaan has a war hammer So he can hit like thousands. and the weakest person is probably ashe? She can hit high too but she hits low most of the time and shes ANNOYING I was like oooh snap. She's always curing everyone, it helps but by the time she's done curing us we're already dead. loll. I baught Cura which is great. And Raise is helpful too. Infuse was a waste of money, It said fully consume users MP to make someone else's 10X that ammount. I should have known it wasn't true.

1st of all because It even works whenever you have 1MP because It didn't say it had to be full. It just says it fully consumes it. And 10x? Thats a LOT. Vaan has like 1000+Hp so that means it would be like 10,000.... All infuse does is hurt people. And it does a lot of damage too, funny thing is you can only do it to a party member.

All I know is that Im using it wrong, Because obviously It's not usless.

If you get the special edition version, it is really interesting and worth the extra $10!

Whats different?

Those dragons along the trail TOTALLY didn't own me. I was kicking @ss, man!! All of my characters are at lvl 26 and I'm almost done with trying to get to the stones. Take note of this, if you are in the dungeon, ONLY EQUIP THE DAWN SHARD for when you need to touch the ancient stone things to travel on. Otherwise evil zombies will come out. And there are some REALLY hard dragon-poo-things near the end of the dungeon place. I recommend to run from them. You need good spells to stop them and it's best to run, I guess. Oh yeah, and be CAREFUL of the green save crystal. You have to fight this green save crystal if you want an unlimited blue crystal save point. Plus, it's really hard because you're in the middle of the dungeon and trying to get past the dumb @ss dragons.
Fran in my party is probably my favorite character to have out always because she knows A LOT of magic. Balthier is my all-time favorite character because... He's just so charmingly funny. Vaan is OKAY, but he can use sap on enemies because of his weapon. My Basch is probably the best offense of my party. He's got this cool ax and he's really good. I don't see why everybody is always saying that Penelo and Ashe suck. They're really strong members, 'cept Penelo SOMETIMES, and they know their Quickenings peeeerty well. I sort of abuse Vaan because he doesn't get the best weapons, but I give him pretty good armor. He's got the highest HP in my party. The way I abuse him is because he hasn't recieved a Quickening yet. Three of my party members know TWO Quickenings, the rest know one, and Vaan doesn't know any. So, I'm working on getting him one at least. Fran is basically my 2nd best character because of the fact that she only has aboyt 850 HP. That's the worse in my party, but she doesn't die that quickly. I've been working on getting hers higher though. I'm focusing her too much on her magicks.

And the difference in the special edition is that you get a bonus DVD that shows A LOT of extra features. I also bought the Special Edition Game Guide for when I need it and it comes with a special cover and an art book. On my "special" cover I got Basch. :D:D
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby kanadajin » Thu 01.04.2007 12:16 am

Hmm. I heard about the save crystal monster from that guy who always calls me Kupo. Lol. What do you mean by unlimited blue crystal save point? You can save at any time? That would be cool. Anyway The reason my characters are probably so usless is because I don't but them shit all. Only thing I got for them so far was usless spells and weapons they still have the same armor they did when i first got them :) Except for Vaan. He's my most spoiled character, he gets all the good stuff, the only good stuff I should say. I mean The best thing i bought for my other chars besides the weapons was like a mage hat for fran and a red cap for penelo. Ok so maybe Penelo and Ashe aren't THAT weak, but you have to admit they're the weakest. Yeha okay so maybe you have no problem with those dragon things but shut up OKAY loll I think I know why everyones so weak, besides the armor... No one in my party has quickenings. YEAH YEAH don't freak on me. I just never got around to it. I also wasted a lot of Vaans LP looking for a weapon. So I basically have every weapon Licenes but not really. Yeah so those bats hit like 130 on like everyone in my party is that normal? lol. vaan has a gold shield, and I think gold platebody. But thats about it, And thats not even that good. So out of all your characters which has the best Quickening? Obviously it's Vaan loll. Yeah And I noticed you need the dawn shard to touch those things. But w/e those zombies are easy.

Lol well I couldn't care less about Basch so I don't care that he's on the cover.
kanadajin

Postby Hatori » Thu 01.04.2007 12:28 am

kanadajin wrote:
Hmm. I heard about the save crystal monster from that guy who always calls me Kupo. Lol. What do you mean by unlimited blue crystal save point? You can save at any time? That would be cool. Anyway The reason my characters are probably so usless is because I don't but them shit all. Only thing I got for them so far was usless spells and weapons they still have the same armor they did when i first got them :) Except for Vaan. He's my most spoiled character, he gets all the good stuff, the only good stuff I should say. I mean The best thing i bought for my other chars besides the weapons was like a mage hat for fran and a red cap for penelo. Ok so maybe Penelo and Ashe aren't THAT weak, but you have to admit they're the weakest. Yeha okay so maybe you have no problem with those dragon things but shut up OKAY loll I think I know why everyones so weak, besides the armor... No one in my party has quickenings. YEAH YEAH don't freak on me. I just never got around to it. I also wasted a lot of Vaans LP looking for a weapon. So I basically have every weapon Licenes but not really. Yeah so those bats hit like 130 on like everyone in my party is that normal? lol. vaan has a gold shield, and I think gold platebody. But thats about it, And thats not even that good. So out of all your characters which has the best Quickening? Obviously it's Vaan loll. Yeah And I noticed you need the dawn shard to touch those things. But w/e those zombies are easy.

Lol well I couldn't care less about Basch so I don't care that he's on the cover.

Okay, I think Vaan needs to be locked up for a while. You other characters are lacking GREATLY in Quickenings and Vaan is the little kid who won't stop asking for toys. I really recommend that you don't waste your money on armor and many weapons. Use it on spells and techniques. Also, have every person focus on a different element to work on during the game. It helps balance the party better. Those stupid bats really damage a lot so, I get about the same HP loss as you do too. You havn't mentioned anything about gambits and neither have I. Mess around with your gambit settings. It's interesting and maybe someday you can find the perfect strategy to defeat whatever's in your way.

Awww... You hurt the paper version of Basch on the cover of my book's feelings. :( lol. I kid. But, value everybody as much as you can. They all have special things you can do depending on how you build them up.
For some reason, I find there's no main character I can really hate. They're all so unique and so cool in their own way! :D:D
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby kanadajin » Thu 01.04.2007 1:10 am

Except for Basch :)
kanadajin

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 01.04.2007 1:41 pm

you know, some of those characters that you two hate, are actually the ones that will help you defeat those monsters that "pwn" you. Just a thought eh?
two_heads_talking

PreviousNext

Return to Games