Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Welcome to Silent Hill!

Welcome to Silent Hill!

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Welcome to Silent Hill!

Postby Hatori » Wed 01.03.2007 12:30 am

Hello! I was wondering if anybody plays any of the Silent Hill (HS) games or has seen the movie? I've been searching forever at used game stores and I finally found a Silent Hill game. There was only one, and it was SH2. I think it's really A LOT of fun and I laugh at it more than I'm afraid. Actually, I really LOVE horror elements, but they never scare me!! BUT- SH2 is probably the game I have EVER really been afraid of, except for this other game called Call of Cthulu. I also recently found out that there is going to be a second Silent Hill movie too! :D:D

QUICK NOTE: Please try your best to keep your spoilers to yourselves. :)
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: Welcome to Silent Hill!

Postby kanadajin » Wed 01.03.2007 1:26 am

Lol I remember when I was a kid me and my friend used to always play Resident Evil and i remember we couldn't get passed this part because everytime we left the room there was a zombie, and we would like scream and run back into the room.
kanadajin

Postby Hatori » Wed 01.03.2007 7:50 pm

I'm not a Resident Evil person. I think it's not as... good. lol. Everybody has their oppinion though. I also want to buy one of the games too.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby LordOfTheFlies » Wed 01.03.2007 8:17 pm

Hatori wrote:
I'm not a Resident Evil person. I think it's not as... good. lol. Everybody has their oppinion though. I also want to buy one of the games too.

I'm quite the opposite. I love the resident evil games, however I strongly dislike the silent hill games.

If you haven't tried the latest resident evil(4), I think you should give it a try... It's an amazing game and it differs a bit from the other resident evil games.
LordOfTheFlies

Native language: Swedish

Postby Hatori » Wed 01.03.2007 8:22 pm

LordOfTheFlies wrote:
Hatori wrote:

I'm quite the opposite. I love the resident evil games, however I strongly dislike the silent hill games.

If you haven't tried the latest resident evil(4), I think you should give it a try... It's an amazing game and it differs a bit from the other resident evil games.

I'm not too into the whole "Pop-Out-And-Try-To-Scare-You" types of games. I find them to be VERY unoriginal, very repetitive, and you can always predict what's going to happen a lot easier.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby Nuro » Wed 01.03.2007 9:32 pm

I actually just started playing SH2 yesterday. It's the first of the games I've ever played and I'm finding it pretty disturbing. Hard too, for some reason. I died because I couldn't figure out where to go... =/

I do like RE more, because they have great storylines. I don't know about the "pop out and scare" so much, because in most of the RE games I played it wasn't the case. At least not any more so than in SH.

I find SH to be better for ghost stories while RE is more about zombies and experiments going badly. It's personal preference I guess.

Lisa Trevor... *shudder*

I can't play either series seriously with all the lights off.
Nuro

Postby Hatori » Wed 01.03.2007 10:46 pm

Nuro wrote:
I actually just started playing SH2 yesterday. It's the first of the games I've ever played and I'm finding it pretty disturbing. Hard too, for some reason. I died because I couldn't figure out where to go... =/

I do like RE more, because they have great storylines. I don't know about the "pop out and scare" so much, because in most of the RE games I played it wasn't the case. At least not any more so than in SH.

I find SH to be better for ghost stories while RE is more about zombies and experiments going badly. It's personal preference I guess.

Lisa Trevor... *shudder*

I can't play either series seriously with all the lights off.

Grr!! I'm stuck at this really stupid part where I have to put these three coins in these slots and it's really annoying. I've done MANY combos and it's still not working. Anyways, what levels of hardness do you have for the Fighting and Riddles? I put the fighting on Begginer because it's my first time playing and I put the riddles on hard because I'm better at that kind of stuff.

I guess SH and RE both have their ups and downs. Definately totally different things in certain ways.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby kanadajin » Wed 01.03.2007 11:48 pm

Lol I don't really like either of the games. RE was just a game my bro had.
kanadajin

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 01.04.2007 1:36 pm

kanadajin wrote:
Lol I remember when I was a kid me and my friend used to always play Resident Evil and i remember we couldn't get passed this part because everytime we left the room there was a zombie, and we would like scream and run back into the room.

When did you get grey hair, a cane and a bad demeanor? you are still a kid, what are you talking about remembering.??. it was only yesterday..

also, OP, if you don't like the jump out and scare you type games, then silent hill isn't for you either. It's definately your typical zombie shooter game.
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Thu 01.04.2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Thu 01.18.2007 6:11 pm

SH2 was probably my favorite out of the whole series. Let me just say your in for a huge suprise at the end :)

Currently playing through 4. I kinda have mixed feelings about it. It just doesnt have the same feeling of horror that the 2nd one did. But by now means is it a bad game.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Return to Games