Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Where can I take it?

Where can I take it?

The test - experiences, questions or comments

Where can I take it?

Postby LunarEclipse » Wed 07.06.2005 9:46 am

Is it offered at my local college? Or is it something I send in? Btw, I live in the U.S.
LunarEclipse

RE: Where can I take it?

Postby Spaztick » Wed 07.06.2005 11:14 am

I personally would teach yourself, colleges and schools will teach you WAY too slow. Here's a recommended way to start out:

Learn Hiragana and Katakana, the first two alphabets of Japanese. They're easy to learn and this site offers a great way to learn. For hiragana go the grammar section and look for it at the top. For katakana, Clay is posting the aritcles for them as he makes them.

After that, start with grammar and learn a few words, basic sentences, etc. Again, this site is great for that.

After that, it's mostly up to you. I'd start learning the Kanji and building your vocabulary and garmmar along with that.
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 07.06.2005 6:25 pm

In the USA, There are very few testing centers.

Atlanta
Chicago
Honolulu
Los Angeles
New York
San Francisco
Seattle
Washington DC

That seems to be it for America. You can find more information on the LA site at http://www.jflalc.org/?act=tpt&id=24.

The test is very strict about when you go, what you do, etc. You can't take the test home, you never get to see your own answers after you turn them in. It's an all day affair, and is kind of expensives (50 dollars in Japan)

What level are you thinking of going for?
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Gakusha » Wed 07.06.2005 7:24 pm

Are you referring to the language itself or the JLPT?

Where I live, there is nothing close to a Japanese class at school. The only language offered at my high school is Spanish, and I really doubt very many schools have a Japanese language class.
赤い猿の学者
Gakusha

Postby LunarEclipse » Thu 07.07.2005 10:52 am

I'll be teaching myself for sure. But I was wondering where I could take the JLPT. I'll most likely start off with lvl 4, as I am a beginner and just started learning.
LunarEclipse

Postby Spaztick » Fri 07.08.2005 12:42 am

LOL sorry, I always assume that people ask where to study Japanese, not take the JLPT, until it hit me that this is under the JLPT section. :/
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby skrhgh3b » Sun 07.24.2005 6:03 am

i'm thinking of taking the JLPT level 4 in chicago this december. i'll have to drive a good six or eight hours to get there, but my japanese penpal will be visiting in december, and i want her to see a famous american city anyway. i think i'll ace level 4 no sweat, which tempts me to study for level 3, but vocabulary is by far my weakest point. i think the 800 words of level 4 is a more reasonable goal, even if i could handle level 3 kanji and grammar....
skrhgh3b

Postby Qbe » Mon 07.25.2005 10:39 am

I was thinking about taking the test in Chicago this year too. Since I'm a new learner (1 year) I'll probably go for level 4.
Qbe

Postby japaneseaddict » Sun 09.04.2005 1:20 am

does anybody know a site where they list all the countries and test centres for the JLPT?? im from malaysia..*bows*:D
japaneseaddict

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test