Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese music

Japanese music

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

RE: Japanese music

Postby baiduXlita » Sun 01.07.2007 3:19 pm

everything but japanese country....lol. Is there such a thing as japanese country??????/ :o ;)
something rather short of a fun-loving american...☆
☄love me or hate me☄
Japanese culture is turning into my life.

No.Muzic.NO.Life.♡

MiLK♡
baiduXlita

Postby Tspoonami » Sun 01.07.2007 10:37 pm

ザブルーはーツ

I like "Linda Linda" and "終わらない歌" the most...
Last edited by Tspoonami on Sun 01.07.2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby Rounin T » Mon 01.08.2007 1:38 pm

Tspoonami wrote:
ザブルーはーツ

I like "Linda Linda" and "終わらない歌" the most...

Heh... リンダ、リンダ・・・ that brings back some memories.
Rounin T

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Mon 01.08.2007 6:41 pm

Malice Mizer anyone? I think mana is a musical genius.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby Kuuhaku » Wed 01.10.2007 12:58 am

I'm a big fan of visual kei, oshare kei, and most japanese rock. thought occasionally I don't mind some Jpop. Dir en grey is one of my favorite bands as well as Psycho le Cemu, PIERROT, Plastic Tree, and countless others.
Because I continue to sleep, I am unconscious of everything.
In an unreachable dream I am drowning
Sinking to your side
Kuuhaku

Postby Rounin T » Wed 01.10.2007 11:36 am

Matsumoto_hideto wrote:

I think Mana should have been born female. And the same goes for Gackt.
Rounin T

Postby goku8851 » Wed 01.10.2007 12:53 pm

Does anybody like Nobuo Uematsu besides me? Most of the music he makes for video games are exceptional. My favorite has to be the Final Fantasy X piano collection.
There are two great things about politics. One is the money and I forgot the other.
goku8851

Postby Rounin T » Wed 01.10.2007 1:54 pm

goku8851 wrote:
Does anybody like Nobuo Uematsu besides me? Most of the music he makes for video games are exceptional. My favorite has to be the Final Fantasy X piano collection.

He's had some good 'uns. "Don't Be Afraid" and "Eyes On Me," for example. I like 光田様 better, though.
Last edited by Rounin T on Wed 01.10.2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rounin T

Postby Tajoumaru » Wed 01.10.2007 2:08 pm

I enjoy a variety of Japanese pop music. It's far superior to American pop, and I wouldn't be caught dead listening to most of the garbage churned out in the American music industry. Though there's certainly a fair share of generic, uninspired Japanese pop I've come across some real gems. Two of my favorite albums are in fact the soundtracks to Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari. Great stuff.

As far as other genres in Japanese music, I listen to some enka (e.g., Yashiro Aki), some rock (wide variety), and some classical (e.g., Takemitsu).
Tajoumaru

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Wed 01.10.2007 6:27 pm

Rounin T wrote:
Matsumoto_hideto wrote:

I think Mana should have been born female. And the same goes for Gackt.

I agree with mana being a girl but what do you think about his music...this thread is about japanese music.

Gackt on the other hand is definatley more masculine than mana is... in fact I dont think you can really compare the two.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Wed 01.10.2007 6:44 pm

I saw a music video for L'arc en Ciel once, the music was pretty decent I thought but I wasn't really interested in it. For some reason though, I was compelled to watch the video over and over agian. I couldn't figure out why I was so obsessed with it. Then I realized it was because the lead was really...really pretty. :o
Obsessed_Saru

Postby Rounin T » Wed 01.10.2007 7:31 pm

Matsumoto_hideto wrote:
I agree with mana being a girl but what do you think about his music...this thread is about japanese music.

Mana is a Japanese musician. His work is almost always classified as Visual Kei. By TJP standards, my post was close enough to be in the same sentence.

From what I've heard of Malice Mizer, Mana is indeed a musical genius if he's the one who wrote the songs. It's not my favorite music, but I can't deny the talent. I just forgot to mention it, because when I hear "Mana from Malice Mizer," the first thing that pops into my head is, Oh. The transgendered guy.

Gackt on the other hand is definatley more masculine than mana is... in fact I dont think you can really compare the two.

... was more masculine, you mean. Before the Great Westernization Surgery. He was on a poster for Fujifilm a couple of years ago, and it was months before I realized it was a man.

But yes, Mana is twice as likely as Gackt is to win the "more feminine than 90% of the girls I know" contest.
Rounin T

RE: Jpop

Postby Japanfan0429 » Wed 01.10.2007 7:34 pm

I love Jpop i have been listening for 7 months and love it. My favs are Utada Hikaru(love most of her songs), Ayumi Hamasaki, Koda Kumi, Crystal Kay, TenjoChiki, and Se7en. hopefully i will find more that i will like. Jpop is amazing! :D B)
1 LUV
Japanfan0429

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Thu 01.11.2007 6:01 pm

Rounin T wrote:

But yes, Mana is twice as likely as Gackt is to win the "more feminine than 90% of the girls I know" contest.

yeah.
自由た〜!!!
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby Tegyrius » Thu 01.11.2007 6:50 pm

The bands that I've found myself listening most to are:

Defiled
Ellegarden
Sigh
Marcus
Tegyrius

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Movies and Music