Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Anybody like Miyazaki?

Anybody like Miyazaki?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Anybody like Miyazaki?

Postby Ino » Tue 01.09.2007 7:15 pm

You guys i just have to tell you that i love Miyazaki's work! Pretty much everything he does is amazing!! I especially LOVE Spirited Away!! WOOT!! Anywho, i'd love to hear what you guys think about him!!

Arigato!!

-Ino
Ino

RE: Anybody like Miyazaki?

Postby adriannrod » Tue 01.09.2007 8:10 pm

I love spirited away the best!
I support Heseig, got a problem with that? Good, 'cause I really don't care.
adriannrod

Native language: English

Postby tannalein » Wed 01.10.2007 5:36 pm

I read the book Howl's moving castle and I finally understood what was going on in the anime... Anime was very confusing. But still I like it a lot. Spirited away and Laputa as well, and Mononoke Hime is my favorite. Kiki's Delivery Service and The Cat Returns are nice as well. I very much like his style :)
tannalein

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Wed 01.10.2007 6:51 pm

I didn't think that Howl's Moving Castle was confusing...any way The first Miyazaki film I ever saw was Spirited Away, and I really liked it. (My band teacher made the class watch it, apperently she liked it too...although it doesn't have anything remotly to do with band :|) One time, I caught wind of a special Cartoon Network was doing for Miyazaki. Every friday for a month I would see another one. It was awsome. B)
Obsessed_Saru

Postby Rounin T » Wed 01.10.2007 8:00 pm

Miyazaki himself said the films were meant for children, but I like them quite a bit anyway. Our public library did a film series showing all of them last year, and I went to the ones I could. My favorite part of watching them all in one season was tracking the progress of Joe Hisaishi's work. He went from bad 80's techno to proficient modern orchestration.
Rounin T

Postby Ino » Wed 01.10.2007 9:03 pm

So yeah... Miyazaki is absolutely amazing!!! Mononoke Hime was the first film I saw. It was amazing!! It was also the first anime movie i'd ever seen so it holds a special place in my heart... lol!
Ino

Postby Sachi » Wed 01.10.2007 10:18 pm

Wasn't there a thread for Miyazaki-san a long time ago?

Anyways, I love his work. I finally saw Mononoke Hime and got the DVD for Christmas ^^ I'm slowly building up a collection, and I'm cosplaying as Kiki-chan when I go to an anime con later this year ^^
Sachi

Postby Ino » Thu 01.11.2007 11:39 pm

I dunno. There probably was a thing on Miyazaki-san a long time ago... but i wouldn't know cos i've only been a member for like 5 days!! (><) Anyway, i've never been to a cosplay. Are they fun?
Ino

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Fri 01.12.2007 6:41 pm

Cosplaying isn't a thing you go to, it's a thing you do. Cosplaying is fun though :) It's anime conventions you go to, but I've never been to one. One of my friend told me it's funner when you're at least 18, and I'm not there yet. I wanna wait and have the most fantastic time that I can :D. Oh, that and I don't have any money :(.
Last edited by Obsessed_Saru on Fri 01.12.2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby tannalein » Mon 01.15.2007 6:17 am

Obsessed_Saru wrote:
I didn't think that Howl's Moving Castle was confusing...

I didn't think so too before I read the book :)
Remember how Sophie was at a cake shop at the beginning of the anime? I didn't know who was she visiting or why before I read the book. Or why she wasn't really upset when the witch turned her into an old woman, or why she turned her in the first place. Or why did Calcifer said that if Sophie separates him and Howl they wouldn't die. There's all sorts of things that I realized were odd only after I read the book.
I love the anime, but the book is amazing. I know that people these days don't like to read much, but this book is really a must. The story isn't too long, and it's really beautifull.
tannalein

Postby Ino » Mon 01.15.2007 7:37 pm

A friend of mine really loves Howls Moving Castle. Unfortunately i haven't seen it yet. I might have to borrow it from her. And my neighbor totoro. I haven't seen that one either. I watched Spirited Away with my Grandma and she really liked it. I was surprised. But my mom hated it!! She's so weird!!! She just hates animated shows in general... even the Simpsons... what a crime... LOL!!
Ino

Postby tannalein » Wed 01.17.2007 8:37 am

I still have my neighbor totoro to see, it's sitting somewhere on the shelf and waiting for me to get the time to see it :) So, I've seen Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, The Cat Returns, Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa: The Castle in the Sky (in this order :D). What else would you recommend?
tannalein

Postby Hijiku » Wed 01.17.2007 12:33 pm

castle in the sky, and Spirited away are my two favs!
your life is meaningless, like a glow-stick.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 01.17.2007 12:35 pm

I think "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Spirited Away" are highly over-rated and barely worth watching, but that' just my opinion...
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Ino » Thu 01.18.2007 7:18 pm

I really love Castle in the Sky. It was really good. Anyway i know this isn't by Miyazaki, (at least i don't think it is...) but if you haven't seen it i recommend Metropolis. It's really good.
Ino

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions