Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Fuurin Kazan

Fuurin Kazan

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Fuurin Kazan

Postby PandanoTake » Wed 01.17.2007 10:07 am

So I figured I'd make a thread where we could discuss the new Japanese drama Fuurin Kazan, which is, surprisingly, starring Gakuto. I recently saw the opening that introduced the cast and characters, but otherwise I just know a little about the story. My friend Ryo watches it, though. How about you guys?

EDIT: For episode summaries and general information on Fuurin Kazan (and many other Japanese dramas), [url="http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Fuurin_Kazan_%28NHK%29"]DramaWiki[/url] is the place to go.
Last edited by PandanoTake on Wed 01.17.2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
エド より
PandanoTake

RE: Fuurin Kazan

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 01.17.2007 10:12 am

Oh man, I would love to watch this. My friend went back to Japan over the winter break and told me she saw Gackt on TV promoting this series, and she thought of me. ^_^"

But I don't live in Japan, so I can't watch it. There are 2 dramas that I'm dying to see, but I don't get any Japanese channels, and I doubt I could find them online since they are on DVDs yet. :(
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby PandanoTake » Wed 01.17.2007 10:16 am

prep_girl_Nessa wrote:
Oh man, I would love to watch this. My friend went back to Japan over the winter break and told me she saw Gackt on TV promoting this series, and she thought of me. ^_^"

But I don't live in Japan, so I can't watch it. There are 2 dramas that I'm dying to see, but I don't get any Japanese channels, and I doubt I could find them online since they are on DVDs yet. :(
Aww, I'm sorry.
If you'd like, I could give you a site that has episode summaries, even though it definitely wouldn't be the same.
But Gakuto plays Kenshin, and was chosen because of his horse-riding skills which he displayed in his recent tour for Diabolos. But like, he's only appeared once so far, and for a brief moment, so if you're looking for Gakuto, you haven't really missed out yet. The few seconds in which he appears are located in the intro, which is uploaded on YouTube. So that should satisfy you.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 01.17.2007 12:37 pm

I saw the photoshoot thing, where Gackt is making all these weird faces, pretending to be angry... he's such a weirdo ^_^
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby AJBryant » Wed 01.17.2007 2:37 pm

NHK continues in its long, disasterous history of "pop" casting in an attempt to increase audienceship in the Taiga Drama and alienating their core audience in the process.

For the record, this is the fourth filming of Furinkazan, and the third on TV. It was first made into a movie by Toshiro Mifune's production company and starred Mifune as Kansuke. It was subsequently twice a longish miniseries (3 hrs and 4 respectively) a few years ago. It was a new year drama last year, for example, so I'm kind of surprised that the story is being televised again so soon. (What do they think this is, Chushingura? ;) )

At any rate, I've said it elsewhere but I'm absolutely stunned that it's being made into a Taiga Drama, as the novel is REALLY short, and was mined to the very core just to fill a 4 hour drama. God knows how they'll fill 49 episodes with stuff from a 200 page paperback.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 01.17.2007 4:30 pm

they make it up.. :o
two_heads_talking

Postby CajunCoder » Thu 01.18.2007 4:34 am

I now catch NHK (or, whatever NHK channel they broadcast worldwide), so I've been watching this drama. I'm following the big picture, but the Japanese is still very difficult to me. None the less, its pretty interesting so far.
CajunCoder

Postby leathej1 » Thu 02.14.2008 6:03 pm

Now I know why they call him "Gackt". That's the sound I make every time he comes into a scene. I mean, for chrissakes, who plucked their eyebrows in 1550? His appearance is really distracting, and his anime-styled performance is god awful in comparison to the veteran actors he shares the scene with. Why, oh why, oh why... :o
leathej1

Postby AJBryant » Fri 02.15.2008 12:50 am

Because he's Kewl! <ack, ptui> :@
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby saraLynne » Fri 02.15.2008 1:51 am

He has a beautiful singing voice. I first learned of him from Japan-A-Radio and was a fan by listening first. The fact that he was a pretty boy was a secondary revelation. :P

So, I'm a fan of his. But I don't think singers should act solely on account of their pop status (or vice versa.... *cough*Hasselhoff*cough*). For that reason, I haven't bothered to try and get my hands on Fuurin Kazan episodes.

@Tony-- I have been looking at getting Yoshitsune episodes, though. Was that drama any good? As in, was it historically accurate for the most part, or was it pure dramatization? If that makes any sense......
saraLynne

Postby AJBryant » Fri 02.15.2008 6:34 pm

Yoshitsune was fantastic. Absolutely spectactular. Lotsa soap, of course -- gotta have the schmaltz to attract the younger viewers -- but it was still a bitchin series. It's a keeper.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)