Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT outside Japan.

JLPT outside Japan.

The test - experiences, questions or comments

JLPT outside Japan.

Postby Kathy » Thu 01.18.2007 10:09 pm

Hi i am new to this forum. I am living in Japan right now, but i will not be able to take JLPT as I have no time to prepare. I know there are centers for JLPT outside Japan: is there any link? is it available in every country's japanese embassy or something like that? how can I know if the country I am moving to, holds JLPT or not? thanx a lot everyone. :)
Kathy

RE: JLPT outside Japan.

Postby flammable hippo » Thu 01.18.2007 10:11 pm

No time to prepare? The next JLPT isn't until December. Surely by just living in Japan you should be able to pick up enough Japanese to at least past level 4.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Thu 01.18.2007 10:12 pm

Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Kathy » Fri 01.19.2007 12:29 am

flammable hippo wrote:
No time to prepare? The next JLPT isn't until December. Surely by just living in Japan you should be able to pick up enough Japanese to at least past level 4.

i dont need level 4, i want to apply to level 1.

thank you very much for the link! so useful. :)
Kathy

Postby Mike Cash » Fri 01.19.2007 8:30 am

Kathy wrote:
flammable hippo wrote:

Not to cast aspersions on your abilities or anything....but you are aware that 4 is the lowest and 1 the highest, aren't you? (I ask because often people assume the opposite).
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby paul_b » Fri 01.19.2007 9:08 am

Mike Cash wrote:
Kathy wrote:

Not to cast aspersions on your abilities or anything....but you are aware that 4 is the lowest and 1 the highest, aren't you? (I ask because often people assume the opposite).

A little detective work found the following ...

Kathy wrote:
noway i can apply for 1 kyuu JLPT now!!! :o maybe i can succeed on 3 kyuu though. It will also take me much more year to apply. but i only want to apply to that one. it's my dream to succeed and i will...:) good luck to all and thank you for your warm welcome. :)

So, no, she hasn't mis-understood the numbering system. I think she's just (justifiedly) dismissive of the easier levels.

Certainly a "maybe 三級" isn't going to be ready for 一級 by December.
paul_b

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 01.20.2007 5:23 am

Perhaps she just doesn't appreciate that each successive level places roughly double the load of the previous level on the aspiring learner.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 01.22.2007 1:29 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
Perhaps she just doesn't appreciate that each successive level places roughly double the load of the previous level on the aspiring learner.

truthfully, only those that have taken each of the tests truly understands that.
two_heads_talking

Postby Kathy » Thu 01.25.2007 1:20 am

thanx for starting detective on my posts...:) B) actually i was learning japanese here and took some tests. that is why i am quiet familiar with them. i dont want to spend extra money on easy tests. i have all my life to prepare for the most difficult one that i want to take. if i fail then i will repeat it ;)
Kathy

Postby carlanox » Thu 01.25.2007 4:08 am

Hmmm...

Why dont you try to translate your post in this topic to japanese?
I dont think it will difficult if you are at JLPT 2 level.
carlanox

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test