Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari

Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari

Postby Tajoumaru » Wed 01.17.2007 11:39 pm

I'm curious who else has had a chance to play these wonderful games that were so hastily and unceremoniously yanked off the market. Fortunately I was able to scoop up a copy of each before they became rarer than a $2 bill. I love the frenetic and original gameplay, the sense of humor, the great soundtracks. I don't have a PSP so I'm unable to play that particular installment, though the two PS2 games are enough to satisfy me.
Tajoumaru

RE: Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 01.18.2007 8:21 pm

Are they off the market? They're both on the PS2 Best Sellers program here. I've only played the first one, but it is creepily addictive. I love the screams that the people make when you pick them up 「なにさまぁ〜!!」heheh
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Tajoumaru » Thu 01.18.2007 11:34 pm

Yes, sadly they're almost impossible to find on the American market. I can see you're in Japan (Gifu-ken, Ôkagi(?) city), so no problem there. But here, despite the stellar sales of 塊魂, and the initial promising sales of みんな大好き塊, both games have been relegated to obsolete status. It's a damn shame, too, and I have no clue as to why (bad marketing, maybe).

Anyway, you should give みんな大好き塊 a try. The gameplay is much improved and there's a greater variety of levels. Here's the URL for the Japanese site.
Tajoumaru

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 01.18.2007 11:49 pm

it kind of reminds me of the whole chrono-Trigger and final fantasy tactics thing.

Before ChronoTrigger and FFT were re-released on the PS, they were MAD hard to find in the US, and I remember people paying upwards of 100 bucks for a copy.

However, in Japan they were common as dirt, and can still be had for around 5 dollars.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby NoRegretLife » Fri 01.19.2007 5:13 pm

I played We Love Katamari! I loved it! It was so addictive I think I finished it in about 2 days or something. The soundtrack is great too!! It's so different from all the other games I've ever played that's what good about it! :)
NoRegretLife

Re: Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari

Postby Jerrid » Sun 10.24.2010 2:42 am

I know this is a very old thread, but since this was already started, no reason to restart a new one. I my self love these games. Very fun and quirky. One of the only games where I would actually play a level not for the level it self, but for the music. I can not really describe the feeling I get from playing it. A Nirvana perhaps. Even if you are having a bad day, just playing it for one or two rounds will make you feel happier. Really, if you can find a copy buy it! Even after beating it many times you will always go back to it to try and beat your scores. And as I said before the music is great. Nothing quite like starting small and then growing bigger and bigger and collecting bigger and bigger things until you can collect the world...
Jerrid

Native language: English

Return to Games