Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Favorite Japanese Movie

Favorite Japanese Movie

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: Favorite Japanese Movie

Postby sa » Mon 05.16.2005 2:19 pm

"SWING GIRLS" recommend
にはウサギがいて、火星にはタコがいるらしいが…
sa

RE: Ive not seen Swing girls

Postby Kramersize » Sun 05.22.2005 12:46 pm

But your avatar is neat did you draw that? And thanks for all the movie titles you have all posted I will check some of them out especially battle royale!
May You Live Long and Prosper
Kramersize

Postby jaela » Fri 07.15.2005 5:05 pm

do you guys like AZUMI and AZUMI 2? i am not familiar with the actors there, but i know that the lead role is a famous j-pop star, so i think her acting was okay okay. what really impressed me were the other characters and that the whole concept of jidaigeki was still there.

i have all the musashi, and seven samurai too, i liked them.

Studio Ghibli films are the best. Although there are a few newer ones. mononoke hime is still my favorite. :D
jaela

Postby jaela » Fri 07.15.2005 5:10 pm

do you guys like AZUMI and AZUMI 2? i am not familiar with the actors there, but i know that the lead role is a famous j-pop star, so i think her acting was okay okay. what really impressed me were the other characters and that the whole concept of jidaigeki was still there.

i have all the musashi, and seven samurai too, i liked them.

Studio Ghibli films are the best. Although there are a few newer ones. mononoke hime is still my favorite. :D
jaela

Postby Nubius » Fri 07.15.2005 5:25 pm

Never watched in live action japanese movies to be honest.

Ninja scroll is probably one of my fav anime movies though, up there with GITS

Jaela - I see you must be an Elfen Lied fan....good stuff
Last edited by Nubius on Fri 07.15.2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nubius

Postby jaela » Sat 07.16.2005 6:37 pm

ahem ... sorry haven't seen elfen lied yet .. but i've been meaning to, and if you say it's good, then i'll watch it. i have also seen ninja scroll, and i liked it. it had, what can i say ... the right amount of blood and gore. and just for comparison, i watched wicked city becaseu it had the same animator. i liked ninja scroll better. i haven't seen the series though. :|

have you seen kill bill 1 & 2? if you liked them, them you should also watch these japanese movies ...
jaela

Postby Zefiris » Fri 07.29.2005 9:28 am

Great Teacher Onizuka The Movie
Naruto - Daikatsugeki Yukihime Ninpocho Dattebayo
Zefiris

RE: Favorite japanese movie

Postby Ishikawa » Fri 07.29.2005 1:02 pm

はじめまして

I think my fav.jap. movie was violent cop of takeshi kitano....in general i love all his films, but particulary this one...
then i saw:

Poppoya
Talking head
Suicide club
The story of riky
Devilman

casshern
maison ikkoku
hokuto no ken
video girl ai
........but they are all not very good....plus a lot of other movies that i don't remember now...i don't like so much LIVE ACTION anime based movie,i prefer anime and anime movie....

Jaa mata ^__^;
A no hi ni kaeritai......
Ishikawa

Postby jaela » Sat 07.30.2005 1:04 pm

i liked takeshi "beat" kitano's remake of zatoichi better than the original ...

but that's the one and only movie of him i've seen, so i'll check out your list!!:)
jaela

Postby Minini » Sat 07.30.2005 1:13 pm

there is a movie that is really really funny that i saw once >.< happiness of the katakuris was the title in english, (katakuri no shiawase? would be the original, not sure.. anyway). it's a musical. and it's hillarous!!! omg really >_<

in the same way, i recommend koi no mon. for manga lovers this one is perfect XD

and also saw in a theater daremo shiranai. it's about 4 kids who are left alone in an appartment in secret. it's really touching. And since it's mostly children talk the whole movie, it's not really hard to understand for japanese learners ^^v
Minini

Postby street fighter » Sat 07.30.2005 7:33 pm

One of my favorite japanese live action movies has to be Versus(a sci fi zombie type movie, but has some kick ass action, i recomend to anyone that one.) But I also like some older Akira Kurosawa films; Yojimbo, 7 Samurai, Rashamon etc. Toshiro Mifune is awesome. Anyone on this board who says they have not seen a live action japanese movie is really mising out. Im all for anime, but the japanese have really mastered "cool" in there live films. Watch Versus, youll see:D.
street fighter

Postby Shibakoen » Sun 07.31.2005 5:06 pm

Showtime, or maybe it was Cinemax, has been showing Zatoichi and some others, also. It's usually late at night and not on Showtime Proper. It's on one of the other 10 Showtime channels. Anyway, the best Japanese movie is Cowboy Bebop!!
Shibakoen

Postby Rounin » Mon 08.01.2005 10:48 pm

Zatoichi movies, even with Shintaro Katsu.:D Azumi with Aya Ueto. Although I'm looking also for Kikuniya...or something like that...
It\'s unfortunate, but for you this is utterly impossible. Swords cannot make an era. For this you need people.
Rounin

Postby jaela » Wed 08.03.2005 2:35 pm

yeah that's it AYA from azumi .. (i can't remember her name), she's supposed to be some j-pop star right?

by the way, toshiro mifune is my samurai god! :)
jaela

Postby AaRoN » Mon 08.08.2005 1:55 pm

Best japanese movie that i seen were the battle royal movies!!! That where the fist 1's i saw
Escaflowna is good as well.:D
AaRoN

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions