Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Katakana Help

Katakana Help

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Katakana Help

Postby kydancer0123 » Mon 08.01.2005 7:37 pm

Hello everyone!
I have two questions:
Well, I need a site that has Katakana lessons with mnemonics. I have tried learning here, but the Lessons aren't ready yet. I have learned up to Lesson 4, but I need to keep studying so I don't lose my touch. *Can anyone help?
I was thinking about 'All About Particles' by Naoko Chino. I'm not too great with particles, so I figured that I ought to get a textbook and study. *What do you think about this book? *Also, any other book recommendations are extremely helpful!
Thank you!:)
こんにちは, はじめまして!
また ね!
kydancer0123

RE: Katakana Help

Postby lomagu » Tue 08.02.2005 8:33 am

I'll answer one of your questions.. (the other I dunno ;). I really like that particle book. I use it more as a reference though. I wouldn't recommend it to learn from for a beginner. I'd suggest just getting a general beginner level text and learn about particles that way. I think it's easier to learn different grammar points at the same time instead of just focusing on one thing.
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.☆-D.Adams
lomagu

Postby Christian_ » Tue 08.02.2005 11:37 am

i delayed my self from learning any katakana because i couldnt think of a site but i realized i had a chart of the kana in my grammer book and after writing and not so much memonics but rembering stuff like mu looks like a triangle i memorized most of the katakana. hope that helps.;)
Christian_

Postby kydancer0123 » Tue 08.02.2005 1:10 pm

Alright, thsnk you all verey much!:) I really appreciate you guys helping me out.
こんにちは, はじめまして!
また ね!
kydancer0123

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips