View topic - ゆきの物語 - Chapter 1

ゆきの物語 - Chapter 1

Translations of chapters from the story by our own richvh

ゆきの物語 - Chapter 1

Postby tanuki » Wed 01.24.2007 10:18 pm

Let's translate Chapter 1 (with me)!

This is my attempt:

[center]Yuki's introduction[/center]

Once upon a time, a young woman called Yuki lived with her grandmother in a small town. Yuki was a very beautiful child, but since she and her grandmother were poor, no one had tried to marry her.

“Yuki, you should go to the big city to seek fortune.” said the grandmother every day.

“I can’t go to the big city and leave you here all alone, grandma.” answered Yuki every day.

One day, the grandmother passed away. After putting her grandmother’s remains in a grave, Yuki gathered their scarce household belongings and headed out for the big city.
Last edited by tanuki on Wed 01.24.2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

RE: ゆきの物語 - Chapter 1

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 01.24.2007 10:36 pm

Sweet, our own thread ^_^

Ok, My attempt with some corrections:

My attempt:

Chapter 1
Introduciton of Yuki

A long time ago in the small village there lived a young girl named Yuki and her grandmother. Yuki was a beautiful child, but since she lived such a poor life, no one had tried to marry her.

"Yuki, to search for happiness you should travel to the big city," everyday the grandmother would say.

"Grandma, I can't leave you here all by yourself and go to the city," everyday Yuki would reply.

On that day, the grandmother past away. Since the grandmother's body was put into the grav, Yuki collected all the meager things in her house, and set out for the big city.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby pikctsach » Wed 01.24.2007 11:02 pm

Can I join? The following is my translation with some reference from takuni-san's part.
Chapter 1
Yuki's introduction

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Yuki living with her grandmother at a small town. Although Yuki was very pretty but no-one had tried to get married with her because they were poor.

[Yuki, to looking for happiness, you’d better go downtown ] said the grandmother’s everyday.

[I cant leave you alone here and go to downtown] answered Yuki everyday.

One day, her grandmother passed away. Buried her grandmother’s remain in a grave, Yuki collect her very little amount household stuff and left for the big city.
Last edited by pikctsach on Wed 01.24.2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pikctsach

Postby Tspoonami » Wed 01.24.2007 11:08 pm

tanuki wrote:
Let's translating Chapter 1 with me!

Fixed.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby Lego » Thu 01.25.2007 6:03 am

here's my version :)

1. Yuki's introduction

Much time ago, in a small village there was a child called Yuki who lived alone with her grandmother. Yuki was a very beautiful child but, as the two of them conducted a very poor life, no one married her.

"Yuki, to look for fortune, it would be good if you'd go to a big town", said everyday the grandmother.

"Granny, I couldn't go to a big town, as I would leave you here alone", answered everyday Yuki.

One day the grandmother died. As the remains of the grandmother were buried in a grave, Yuki, gathered the few household effects she had, departed toward the big town.
Lego

Postby aKuMu » Thu 01.25.2007 6:40 am

Tspoonami wrote:
tanuki wrote:
Let's translating Chapter 1 with me!

Fixed.

lmao. That's what i thought first, too.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby richvh » Sat 01.27.2007 11:47 am

My version, from the old thread:

Chapter One
In which we meet Yuki

Long ago and far away, a girl named Yuki lived with her grandmother in a tiny village. Yuki was very beautiful but, because they were very poor, no one wanted to marry her.

Everyday her grandmother told Yuki, "You should go to the big city to seek your fortune."

Everyday Yuki would reply, "Grandma, I can't go there and leave you here all alone."

One day her grandmother passed away. After her body was laid to rest, Yuki gathered their scant possessions and set off for the city.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

RE: My Attempt

Postby ryuubu » Wed 08.08.2007 1:43 am

昔々、ある小さな村にゆきという娘がおばあさんと二人で暮らしていました。ゆきは、とても美しい子でしたが、二人は大変貧しい生活をしていました。村全体 も貧しく、若者の姿もあまり見られませんでした。その村では、今よりも生活が豊かになることはありませんでした。そして、ゆきと結婚したいという者も、誰 一人として現れたことはありませんでした。

「ゆきや、お前の幸せを探すために、都に行った方がいいよ」と毎日おばあさんは言いました。

「おばあさまを独りここに残して都へ出かけることはできません」とその度、ゆきは答えました。

ある日、おばあさんは亡くなりました。おばあさんをお墓に葬ってから、ゆきはなけなしの家財を集め、都んへ向けて出発しました。

A long time ago, in a small village there lived a girl named Yuki and her grandmother. Yuki was a very beautiful girl, but the two lived a very poor life. The whole village was poor, and you could barely see the children’s figures (I 'm not sure if this is correct?). In this village, life had never been good. On top of that, not even one person had appeared who had said they wanted to marry Yuki.

“Yuki, you should go to the capital to find happiness,” Yuki’s grandmother said everyday.

“I can’t just go off to the capital and leave you to remain here alone,” Yuki would reply at those times.

One day Yuki’s grandmother passed away. After burying her in her grave, Yuki collected her few possessions and left headed toward the capital.
ryuubu

Postby richvh » Wed 08.08.2007 6:36 am

and you could barely see the children’s figures (I 'm not sure if this is correct?).

And young people were rarely seen (i.e., there weren't many young people in the village)
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Return to ゆきの物語